Moparts

flowtech headers

Posted By: dustpan man

flowtech headers - 02/29/12 08:47 AM

Are flowtech headers like hooked comp. headers for small block and does anyone like them and summit headers are they like the flowtech and hookers
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 09:01 AM

Question?
Posted By: mosweethemi

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 09:04 AM

Hello I put a set of them on a 1968 Road Runner with a 383 and they worked ok.
Posted By: gogo318

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 09:11 AM

i got a set of summit longtubes on my van im satisfied with them ive had them about three years so far and there still very solid minimal rust but maybe thats cause i wrapped them
Posted By: dustpan man

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 09:28 AM

Yes question story my bad ?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 09:29 AM

Really?
THIS again???
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 12:31 PM

Quote:

Yes question story my bad ?

I had to read it several times. Looks like your asking if Flowtech headers are the similar to Hooker Competion series headers. The Hookers cost more than the Summit/Dynomax/Flowtech and Hedmans. These headers are low cost units but also have the nuisance of low hanging tubes. You must spend $450 plus for Dougs or TTIs for clearance. That said Id run the Summit brand name as they are always in my budget.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 01:26 PM

Quote:

These headers are low cost units but also have the nuisance of low hanging tubes. You must spend $450 plus for Dougs or TTIs for clearance.

The Flowtech headers for a SB hang real low. The driver's side tube has been flattened numerous times. Forget about going over those short speed bumps. I would never buy them again.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: flowtech headers - 02/29/12 05:32 PM

I had a set on my small block and never could keep them from leaking.
© 2024 Moparts Forums