Moparts

milidon gear drive

Posted By: cudaboone

milidon gear drive - 02/27/12 06:58 PM

Can i install my milidon gear drive without degree wheel. It is not a race motor (528 hemi).
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: milidon gear drive - 02/27/12 08:16 PM

Yes but why? A hemi is eye candy, a gear drive is just noise.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: milidon gear drive - 02/27/12 08:34 PM

No there are no marks on it.
hear is the instructions easy peasy I have two of them cam timing stars rock solid once set no chain to stretch no belt to break!!!
Posted By: Stanton

Re: milidon gear drive - 02/27/12 09:25 PM

Quote:

No there are no marks on it

My older one has marks. Still, the holes are all enlarged for offset bushings so it still needs to be dialed in.

To the OP, what's the big deal to dial it in ?!?!? Especially on a hemi even with the heads on!
Posted By: cudaboone

Re: milidon gear drive - 02/27/12 10:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No there are no marks on it

My older one has marks. Still, the holes are all enlarged for offset bushings so it still needs to be dialed in.

To the OP, what's the big deal to dial it in ?!?!? Especially on a hemi even with the heads on!

Can i line up the marks on my present chain and then install the gear drive and be pretty close?
Posted By: Stanton

Re: milidon gear drive - 02/27/12 11:22 PM

It seems like you're not going to be satisfied until you get the answer you want so ... sure, go ahead!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: milidon gear drive - 02/28/12 12:16 AM

Can i line up the marks on my present chain and then install the gear drive and be pretty close?

That's just "back yard" hacking, do it right, spend the money, buy a degree wheel, a dial indicator/stand, and know where your cam "IS".....You'd be surprised how much some cams, and/or drives are 'out".....get peak performance out of your motor,...if you don't, then you'll be back here asking why your engine falls on it's face when you get on it...
© 2024 Moparts Forums