Moparts

Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners

Posted By: NicksGarage

Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/20/12 10:09 PM

Anyone have experience with these reproduction air cleaners? Can you tell them apart from an original? Anything to look for? I've got someone who is trying to buy an "original" but he thinks it looks too new to be original.

Thanks.
Posted By: NOrrTH

Re: Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/21/12 12:06 AM

The first part I bought when beginning the restoration of my car was the orange round lid for my air cleaner from Legendary. It cost a fortune but is extremely well made and painted.

That probably doesn't answer your question though
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/21/12 01:46 PM

If I remember right, there is a weight difference,,,,problem is I don't remember what that was
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/21/12 04:34 PM

Do the round tops have a bridge spanning the carb throat hole like the oval and 6 pak If so there is an obvious difference on the repops in that part.
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/21/12 07:05 PM

Quote:

Do the round tops have a bridge spanning the carb throat hole like the oval and 6 pak If so there is an obvious difference on the repops in that part.

Yes, they have the bridge but it's different from the oval top air cleaners. I haven't found a picture of the reproduction with the lid off for comparison.

Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/21/12 08:16 PM

My old 71RR Air Grabber did not look like that.. IIRC mine had 2 bars going across.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Reproduction Round Top Air Grabber Air Cleaners - 02/21/12 09:09 PM

2 ???
© 2024 Moparts Forums