Moparts

Best price- 440 Bolt kit?

Posted By: hemiallen

Best price- 440 Bolt kit? - 02/08/12 04:04 AM

Finally getting back into cars after a long absence. My dear son pulled the heads off the Fury's 440 before we sold it as a roller, and we now have a 74-360 Challenger that is avhing for the 440. Found the push rods, rocker arms and gaskets I bought for the new cam install, now we "misplaced" the can of Head bolts, timing chain cover bolts and I need to get a set of ARP Intake bolts.

Is Summit the place to go, or can I get a set of stock bolts to save $ for the needed Radiator? I see Summit seems higher than headbolts.com, but hate to trust a new to me vendor.

I don't need anything special, stock Mopar bolts should be fine to put the 906's on this bullet. Going to copper spray steel head gaskets to bump the compression to 7.5:1, lol

Thanks for any suggestions or leads

Allen
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Best price- 440 Bolt kit? - 02/08/12 04:36 AM

Post in the wanted section. Many guys upgrade at least the head bolts, you may get hand-me-downs cheap.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Best price- 440 Bolt kit? - 02/08/12 02:23 PM

Last new MP head bolts I bought were like 15 bucks.That was a few years ago and my buddy that worked at dealer gave me a good price.ARPs are like 60 bucks.Summit shoud have the MPs on their site.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums