Moparts

Opinions on after market Tach?

Posted By: stan1970

Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/13/08 10:13 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm planning to add an aftermarket Tach in my 1970 B-Body (under dash mount). I was looking at the Sunpro Super II analog Tach at Summit, as I don't need a lot of features (eg. Shift light, etc).

What do you guys think about this Tach? Or other recommendations for different brands/models?

Thanks a lot!
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/13/08 10:51 PM

I like the basic VDO tach. More money but a better part and probably "not"made in China
Gus
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/14/08 12:33 AM

I've heard the Autometers are good, though I don't have an aftermarket unit myself.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/14/08 12:43 AM

I have had Stewart Warner, Dixcos, Sun and Autometer tachs, I run nothing but Autometer nowdays. Very accurate compared to most others...
Posted By: moparcanuk

Re: Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/14/08 02:02 AM

I have a Sunpro Super II Tach and I love it. For the money they are dependable and accurate.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/14/08 02:11 AM

I have an Autometer monster tach in my pickup. It's just a plain tach with no options. I think it was around $100.00 when I bought it.

It was the only one they had that was big enough to see without having all the extra options I didn't have any use for.
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: Opinions on after market Tach? - 10/14/08 02:39 AM

After having a big Autometer monster tach with shift light covering up much of my street/strip Challenger's dash I'm seriously thinking of buying either a real small digital tach with built in shift light and tucking it way up in the corner of my dash.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prosport-...Q2em118Q2el1247

or even just hiding just a shift light behind one of my original dash lights.
I really only care about having a shift light to help me shift at the right RPM, the tachometer isn't a priority once I get the idle set.
© 2024 Moparts Forums