Moparts

340 oil filter adapter

Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

340 oil filter adapter - 12/07/11 07:57 AM

Help! What is the torque specification for the ool filter adapter bolt? I cannot believe that it is not listed in the1969 factory service manual in the engine torque specifications? The bolt is hollow. I have seen them crumpled from I've tightening before.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 340 oil filter adapter - 12/07/11 07:59 AM

50. thin washer under bolt head, thick cork inside on bolt

Re: 340 oil filter adapter - 12/07/11 08:07 AM

50 ft lbs?

Re: 340 oil filter adapter - 12/07/11 08:07 AM

correct

Re: 340 oil filter adapter - 12/07/11 08:16 AM

Thanks! There is no index to get the correct angle on the filter to clear the exhaust? There is a flat spot on the front edge of the adapter. I assume the flat spot points toward the front and is perpendicular to the crank centerline? I can't find a photo of it anywhere in the factory service manual?

Re: 340 oil filter adapter - 12/07/11 03:41 PM

With your exhaust etc all hooked up lightly snug the bolt then clock it at the point where it clears everything the best & gives best access to get at the filter as you wont be moving it around next time you ch the filter. Not sure but I think some adapters may have a ridge or boss that will interfere w the block at a certain clocking but no prob just mock it up dry w no gaskets/find the best position then go togther. Make sure the block circular recess is squeaky clean and the circular gasket can slip out of position: Hold the adapter/gasket high and tight against the block then lightly snug the bolt then clock it/then 50 lbs. EDIT there is no exact index mark or point. Get the best clearance (to the frame/eng) & you're set
© 2024 Moparts Forums