01/14/11 01:15 PM
01/14/11 01:15 PM
Oregon
sg66mopar Offline OP
pro stock
sg66mopar  Offline OP
pro stock

Oregon
OK guys, from the replies on my B1 Rocker post I'm now sufficiantly nervous to consider spending MORE money.

It's like a lot of you have said, last years BOOM cost me over 10K and if it happens again the little woman (check writer ) will go on strike.

So my question here is pretty simple. What's the advantage of the individual shaft T&Ds over the single shaft? I already know it's much easier to work on but is there anything else?

Also, what all is involved to do the paired shaft deal. I know I'd need pushrod oiling so that means new lifters and pushrods. I just bought new roller lifters without the holes about 3 weeks ago and we've been dorkin' with them so they can't go back.

Is there machine work needed on the heads? Will my B1 valve covers work? (I think that's already been answered on here a few days ago)

Any other surprises?

Re: T&D Single VS Individual Shaft?? [Re: sg66mopar] #904377
01/14/11 01:59 PM
01/14/11 01:59 PM
Sidney,Ohio
C
challenger1320 Offline
enthusiast
challenger1320  Offline
enthusiast
C

Sidney,Ohio
I have run both the single shaft and the paired rocker systems and the paired is in my opinion leaps and bounds better.

Re: T&D Single VS Individual Shaft?? [Re: sg66mopar] #904378
01/14/11 02:10 PM
Mo.
S
supercomp Offline
master
supercomp  Offline
master
S

Mo.
In your case it would be expensive to go individual shafts. The heads have to be machined and drilled and threaded inserts installed to hold the main plate down that the paired shafts bolt to. Your valve covers will fit.
Chuck said the single shaft rockers had a pressure limit, although I never ask what it was. You could call and ask.

Re: T&D Single VS Individual Shaft?? [Re: sg66mopar] #904379
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

OK guys, from the replies on my B1 Rocker post I'm now sufficiantly nervous to consider spending MORE money.

It's like a lot of you have said, last years BOOM cost me over 10K and if it happens again the little woman (check writer ) will go on strike.

So my question here is pretty simple. What's the advantage of the individual shaft T&Ds over the single shaft? I already know it's much easier to work on but is there anything else?

They are both good rocker systems, but your block comes drilled for pushrod oiling and paired is the best value for the money.

Also, what all is involved to do the paired shaft deal. I know I'd need pushrod oiling so that means new lifters and pushrods. I just bought new roller lifters without the holes about 3 weeks ago and we've been dorkin' with them so they can't go back.

I have a set of Crower oiling lifters that are brand new, and I can't use them on my Predator motor, so I'll sell them. Or Comp Cams has some and they are around $450 and work well too. As long as you don't need offset lifters. Hopefully your pushrods are ball and ball and have holes, I have lot of those too. They are all smith Bros.

Is there machine work needed on the heads? Will my B1 valve covers work? (I think that's already been answered on here a few days ago)

With Jesel yes (extensive) with T&D no, but call them to be sure.
Any other surprises?

You will need sheetmetal valve covers and Jeff Johnson at Billet Fab, is who I used. They are very nice. If you go the common shaft type you can use your valve covers, but the paired are the best way with pushrod oiling.

Re: T&D Single VS Individual Shaft?? [Re: camastomcat] #904380
01/14/11 04:25 PM
01/14/11 04:25 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Online laugh2
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Online laugh2
I Live Here

Las Vegas
IMO do it the right way. Go with the paired shaft rockers, offset lifter and good pushrods. Once you do that you will be fine for quite some time. Since you have to go with new lifters why not go with the offset version to straighten up the pushrods?

Having said that I have run the common shaft rockers, non offset lifters and std oiling. Not a bad setujp for moderate spring pressures. IE 850lbs or so on the nose. Anything more you need to make the switch. Anything over 850 and IMO you are pushing the limit of the common shaft. Anything over 800lbs or so and the Koffel(dove)rockers are not gonna hold up.

As for Valve covers, if you go paired rockers then yes you will need new ones. I prefer Williams Performance. I have used his covers and oil pans the last few engines and been very happy. Here is the link to the website. Give him a call http://www.williamsperformance.com/

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: T&D Single VS Individual Shaft?? [Re: sg66mopar] #904381
01/14/11 04:32 PM
01/14/11 04:32 PM
tn
R
robnbird Offline
super stock
robnbird  Offline
super stock
R

tn
what were you running and what happened. Or did you just get the b1' and are you looking for a rocker system.

Re: T&D Single VS Individual Shaft?? [Re: robnbird] #904382
01/14/11 06:41 PM
01/14/11 06:41 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
Maybe semi-related but I noticed when I went to the Chapman Stage VI's that have the Race W2 style one piece billet block shaft hold-downs, my valvetrain stability is much improved over the OEM style cast-in pedestals (that I know for a fact can deflect significantly under high spring loads).

It might be more cost effective to convert to billet blocks and keep the shafts rather than do as much or MORE milling to go to the paired shaft system entirely. I suppose if I were racing a solid roller and spinning 7500 plus every round I'd be looking for the next step up....but at 7000 or less I think the W2 style shaft mount is plenty rigid enough to greatly minimize deflection.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0