Washington Twp., Southern NJ
F
Fastfrankie Offline OP
top fuel
Fastfrankie  Offline OP
top fuel
F

Washington Twp., Southern NJ
My buddy has the old style Chrysler 300 - a 2004 model with the V6 engine. Is there anything involved with putting plugs in this engine? I haven't seen it yet, but I know on alot of newer Chrysler cars, the intakes have to come off etc.

Is this a simple remove and replace plugs or is it more involved, especially the plugs in the back of the engine.

Thanks!

Re: Plugs on 2004 Chrysler 300 with 6cy engine [Re: Fastfrankie] #86328
07/09/08 02:11 PM
07/09/08 02:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler/300M.html

The plugs are right under the coils, on top of the engine; use a flat-bladed screwdriver to push up the lever on the electrical connectors, and gently slide the connectors apart. Then carefully use a good quality Torx screwdriver of perfect size to take out the two screws - be very careful at first since they are attached very firmly and are easy to strip. Push down hard while breaking them free. Once the first quarter turn is done, they should unscrew easily, but they don't come all the way out. When both screws are unthreaded, gently pull out the coil, which is held in now by the airtight seal. Then the spark plug can be taken out with a standard 5/8 inch spark plug socket, replaced with new ones (with a dab of antiseize on the threads), and tightened to specifications using a torque wrench (aluminum heads!). The hardest part is getting those coil screws removed without damaging them.