09/02/10 11:28 AM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Quote:

I love the way they tech and run our part of the race.

What do you mean LOVE THE WAY THEY TECH? Don

6173502-5-12-07final.jpg (51 downloads)
Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: cudadon] #788430
09/02/10 12:20 PM
09/02/10 12:20 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
I mean it doesn't take half a day to get through the registration process like it does at an NHRA national event.

Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: camastomcat] #788431
11/10/10 12:33 PM
11/10/10 12:33 PM
land of 10,000______'s
B
BDS871Cuda Offline OP
top fuel
BDS871Cuda  Offline OP
top fuel
B

land of 10,000______'s
I do have to say, WOW!!! All 4 pro classes
go to the last race to win a championship.

I vote to DUMP PSM in favor of Pro-Mod!

Now only if college football would go to a
playoff system!!

Snap your neck, mega G-force launch, is all I want!
Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: BDS871Cuda] #788432
11/10/10 02:37 PM
11/10/10 02:37 PM
DFW
M
mr_340 Offline
master
mr_340  Offline
master
M

DFW
I tend to side with Monte on this one, although it was good to finally meet Steve1118 at Beaver Springs this summer. The TV coverage is "All about the NITRO", even PS gets bypassed a lot in the 1st round. Unfortuately, I think they are responding to what I see at the Texas Motorplex during the national events, the stands clear out after the nitro cars and especially after PS. Not many people even watch the alcohol classes and hardly anybody but me there for SS and Stock. I went to Indy for the 50th anniversary race. Other than the cacklefest and some nostalgia cars, it looked pretty much like any other national event to me. The Hemi shootout and the old cars was the highlight of that race. I didn't even attend the Motorplex race this year since SS wasn't running and none of my friends were racing. Only missed that race twice since 1986. The other was weather and the mudbog parking lot.

Floyd Lippencott IV
Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: mr_340] #788433
11/10/10 03:46 PM
11/10/10 03:46 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
In the end its all about the money so NHRA needs to come up with a way to make sportsman racing more interesting to the average Joe.I am a true drag race fan, trying to predict a race from watching the wind and weather is allot of fun at are races.we try to do quick math in are heads to guess a reaction time on the spread of a win.The problem is there are very few who are entertained by this.I propose they let people come in and gamble on the races.Give them a sheet with all the sportsman races and average finishes and let them bet on the outcome.It works with horse and dog racing and it will work with drag racing too,and if they donate some of the new money coming in to the cancer research deal or anything worth while they would not only be richer they would be more popular.Please don't bash me for the gambling Idea I don't even gamble but I wouldn't care if someone else did.Buts in the seats = more prize money =more car count=more prize money=more car count and so on and so on, gambling is my idea whats yours?

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: BDS871Cuda] #788434
11/10/10 09:26 PM
11/10/10 09:26 PM
Wisconsin
M
MagnumExpress Offline
MagnumExpress  Offline
M

Wisconsin
We Race both NHRA & IHRA. We do not run NHRA national events because we can not afford to spend a week at a race track. I really do not understand why people are so negative towards the IHRA. We get treated 100 times better at an IHRA event vs. NHRA. The tracks are equal in quality. The people that claim that they can't hook up at IHRA tracks need to spend less time on the computer complaing and more time in the shop making their cars better. The NHRA will always be about the pro's, Bottom line!!. Just my thoughts.

#9 in the world. 2006 IHRA Super Rod
2010 IHRA Div.5 Hot Rod Champion
Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: MagnumExpress] #788435
11/10/10 11:39 PM
11/10/10 11:39 PM
Michigan
H
Hemiroid Offline
super stock
Hemiroid  Offline
super stock
H

Michigan
It's funny, I hear all of this "people don't/won't watch sportsman racing", yet I went to every Milan Friday night heads-up race and the place was packed every race. Was there as many as at a national event? Nope, but they had a race every month for 6 months, not one a year.

There wasn't any nitro or alcohol flops or dragsters yet people showed up to spectate. How about "The Shakedown" at E-Town or the Yellow Bullet race? No nitro or alky pros there but the places were filled with spectaters.

If NHRA would market and cater to the sportsman racing it would be much more popular. If your sole focus is nitro pro racing and you build your races around that and neglect the rest, doing you really think it's going to be popular and succeed?

Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: MagnumExpress] #788436
11/11/10 12:55 AM
11/11/10 12:55 AM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
Quote:

We Race both NHRA & IHRA. We do not run NHRA national events because we can not afford to spend a week at a race track. I really do not understand why people are so negative towards the IHRA. We get treated 100 times better at an IHRA event vs. NHRA. The tracks are equal in quality. The people that claim that they can't hook up at IHRA tracks need to spend less time on the computer complaing and more time in the shop making their cars better. The NHRA will always be about the pro's, Bottom line!!. Just my thoughts.

..... I know at some events S/G was cut to one hit before eliminatons....NHRA can keep their reality TV....I'll hang with the Hillbilly's at IHRA. While I don't agree with alot of whats happened in the last 5 yrs or so...I still think IHRA actually cares if sportsmen racers show up.

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: Hemiroid] #788437
11/11/10 01:05 PM
11/11/10 01:05 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

It's funny, I hear all of this "people don't/won't watch sportsman racing", yet I went to every Milan Friday night heads-up race and the place was packed every race. Was there as many as at a national event? Nope, but they had a race every month for 6 months, not one a year.

There wasn't any nitro or alcohol flops or dragsters yet people showed up to spectate. How about "The Shakedown" at E-Town or the Yellow Bullet race? No nitro or alky pros there but the places were filled with spectaters.

If NHRA would market and cater to the sportsman racing it would be much more popular. If your sole focus is nitro pro racing and you build your races around that and neglect the rest, doing you really think it's going to be popular and succeed?

You answered your own question "HEADS UP NIGHT AT MILAN" yes sir, that draws the crowd, but what about regular bracket night at Milan...likely a ghost town, like every other track in the country, as far as spectators anyway.

NHRA is at least trying, with the Unleashed deal. They started with Outlaw 10.5, Limited Street, EZ street and Modified Street. Modified was dropped after 1 race and EZ was run at all 4, but will be dropped because of poor car count. They are planning to continue with Outlaw and Limited, as far as I know.............We attended all 4 NHRA Unleashed races and ran EZ Street. Have never been treated better, at any other track or organization. They were more than willing to listen and even did some of the things, we, the racers suggested.

Monte

Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: Monte_Smith] #788438
11/11/10 01:14 PM
11/11/10 01:14 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

You answered your own question "HEADS UP NIGHT AT MILAN" yes sir, that draws the crowd, but what about regular bracket night at Milan...likely a ghost town, like every other track in the country, as far as spectators anyway.

NHRA is at least trying, with the Unleashed deal. They started with Outlaw 10.5, Limited Street, EZ street and Modified Street. Modified was dropped after 1 race and EZ was run at all 4, but will be dropped because of poor car count. They are planning to continue with Outlaw and Limited, as far as I know.............We attended all 4 NHRA Unleashed races and ran EZ Street. Have never been treated better, at any other track or organization. They were more than willing to listen and even did some of the things, we, the racers suggested.

Monte

I have to agree with Monte on the unleashed event we attended last week. we really enjoyed it. probably the best I have ever been treated as a sportsman racer. sorry to hear about EZ street that was one of my favorite classes. maybe they give up to quick. wish they had give it another year. really hard to tell about a class in only a few races.I think after it starts airing on TV every class will pick up. lets hope so anyway.

Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: Monte_Smith] #788439
11/11/10 03:11 PM
11/11/10 03:11 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Well that's going to leave a mark on the Glendora boys haters.

Re: What the H___ is wrong with the NHRA??????????? [Re: BobR] #788440
11/11/10 03:47 PM
11/11/10 03:47 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
meh, i'm sure the nhra are doing the best they can, doing what they think is right in a tough economy. it would not behoove them to run the operation into the ground, don't you think? they may anyway, but i find it hard to believe that the hierarchy are not well intentioned. if a member is blessed with a "better idea", why not share it with the nhra, and see what happens? this doesn't mean i'm going to renew my membership, btw.

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4