05/18/10 09:29 PM
05/18/10 09:29 PM
Bristol, Va
fasteddie Offline OP
mopar
fasteddie  Offline OP
mopar

Bristol, Va
Pulling into the staging lanes for round one and the motor quits. No fuel pressure. I get out and tell the offical at the rear of the lanes I am broke and they push me off out of the way to the unused lanes. After about 10 minutes I find a wire off and get it re-started. I am still off to the side in the unused lanes. My class is still running so I pull around to the end of the line and tell the official I am fixed and ready to run. I am informed that once I tell them I am broke I cannot come back to the lanes. They said that someone could fake being broke so they could get to the back of the class to get a different opponent. They said if I had stayed in line and said nothing about being broke, I would have been given the standard 2 minute warning to get it fixed. Or if I was under the tower and next up to the waterbox I could have until the end of the round or 2 minutes whichever is longer to get it running.

Does your track do it like this?

2003 Bristol Dragway Sportsman Champion

2016 Bristol Dragway Power Hour Champion
Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: fasteddie] #701955
05/18/10 09:36 PM
05/18/10 09:36 PM
Canton, Ohio
S
Sport440 Offline
master
Sport440  Offline
master
S

Canton, Ohio
I do see thier logic, who wants to race a track champ or someone close to that. Also, if you can do a car count behind you, you may be trying for a by run. mike

Last edited by Sport440; 05/18/10 09:46 PM.
Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: fasteddie] #701956
05/18/10 09:42 PM
05/18/10 09:42 PM
gulfport, ms, west mi
rowin4 Offline
master
rowin4  Offline
master

gulfport, ms, west mi
Once you pass the line going from staging lane to the water box if your car quits you have 2 minites to get it to the starting line. If that don't happen your out. While in the staging lanes? that's a good question. I would think you could let other cars go ahead but only if you were not paired for elimination rounds.

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead
Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: fasteddie] #701957
05/18/10 10:15 PM
05/18/10 10:15 PM
Mooresburg, Tn
'
'72CudaRacer Offline
top fuel
'72CudaRacer  Offline
top fuel
'

Mooresburg, Tn
Were you allowed to buy back into the 2nd round?
I see their point, still hard to take. I had a flat slick under the tower at the Mopar race last year. I picked up a nail going to the lanes. I was told if I could fix it, I can buy back into second round, but I couldn't get it fixed in time.
Brian

Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: '72CudaRacer] #701958
05/19/10 04:26 AM
05/19/10 04:26 AM
aotearoa
rebel Offline
master
rebel  Offline
master

aotearoa
had a similar fate myself. was 3 pairs from the waterbox & engine lost spark(d'oh!)the weather was going real bad fast & one of the cars on the track lunched it's engine at half track. despite all the efforts of the clean up crew the rain came stopped racing for the day & i had told the track crew at head of stage i was broke. they continued the last 2 rounds at the next meeting but i wasn't allowed to race as i had advised out, even tho i was now fixed & able to race. now days i don't say boo if i have a problem, thats for the track to sort out. crap attitude i know but i was able to be in the money but dipped out because i tried to do the right thing. never again.

Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: rebel] #701959
05/19/10 07:47 AM
05/19/10 07:47 AM
NEW YORK
M
MAXEDWEDGE Offline
MAXEDWEDGE  Offline
M

NEW YORK
I HAVE A QUESTION WHAT IF ITS THE SEMI'S AND YOU HAVE A BYE RUN AND AFTER THE BURN OUT YOU OVER HEAT AND PUKE WATER OVER THE TRACK AND GET PULLED OFF THE TRACK BEFORE YOU STAGE . ARE YOU DISQUALIFED? OR YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT ROUND?

Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: MAXEDWEDGE] #701960
05/19/10 08:37 AM
05/19/10 08:37 AM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Quote:

I HAVE A QUESTION WHAT IF ITS THE SEMI'S AND YOU HAVE A BYE RUN AND AFTER THE BURN OUT YOU OVER HEAT AND PUKE WATER OVER THE TRACK AND GET PULLED OFF THE TRACK BEFORE YOU STAGE . ARE YOU DISQUALIFED? OR YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT ROUND? [/quo

Thats a good question.By rules you have to break the starting beam under power after that you can do a coast to the end.You broke.Now MY question would be who moves up if anyone?

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: slippery440] #701961
05/19/10 08:50 AM
05/19/10 08:50 AM
Syracuse,NY
CompWedgeEngines Offline
master
CompWedgeEngines  Offline
master

Syracuse,NY
If you have a bye run, and cant take the beams under your own power, you are disqualified. You can take the green light, break the beams and actually back off the starting line and it will count as a run. Some tracks may not do that, but all you technically need to do is break the starting line beams, under your own power.

No one moves up. The ladder simply moves on without you.If a car already lost before you, he doesnt get the opportunity to get back in, other than a buy back situation.

Keep in mind, any track can have whatever rules they want. The NHRA and IHRA are only sanctioning bodies, and other than their safety rules and requirements, HOW the races are run is the jursidiction of the individual track. Obviously most tracks subscribe to "industry standards" etc, but the track can run a race however it wants. Also, the race director has total control and ultimate decision making power to make any call he/she wants.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.
Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: CompWedgeEngines] #701962
05/19/10 09:36 AM
05/19/10 09:36 AM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Quote:

If you have a bye run, and cant take the beams under your own power, you are disqualified. You can take the green light, break the beams and actually back off the starting line and it will count as a run. Some tracks may not do that, but all you technically need to do is break the starting line beams, under your own power.

No one moves up. The ladder simply moves on without you.If a car already lost before you, he doesnt get the opportunity to get back in, other than a buy back situation.

Keep in mind, any track can have whatever rules they want. The NHRA and IHRA are only sanctioning bodies, and other than their safety rules and requirements, HOW the races are run is the jursidiction of the individual track. Obviously most tracks subscribe to "industry standards" etc, but the track can run a race however it wants. Also, the arce director has total control and ultimate decision making pwer to make any call he/she wants.

Being that was the semi finals that means the other semi final would now be the finals? Makes sense. Thanks Todd

Last edited by slippery440; 05/19/10 09:37 AM.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Does your track do it like this? [Re: fasteddie] #701963
05/19/10 11:22 AM
05/19/10 11:22 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Thats why I never say I'm broke... many guys push
their cars forward so if I cant get it running by the
time I get to the front then and only then will I
say... BROKE so the other guy gets the bye run...
other wise they MAY line him up with someone else