04/23/10 06:51 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Here in Ontario there are a couple of people that collect BCS's
One of my customers BOUGHT his original BCS off of EBay...was more then happy to get it...

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: BS27R1B] #672137
04/23/10 06:54 PM
04/23/10 06:54 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Boy you guy's now have me all upset.My Superbird was one of those that never had a build sheet,when it comes time to let it go I guess I'll have to give it away.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: 62maxwgn] #672138
04/23/10 07:00 PM
04/23/10 07:00 PM
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

Boy you guy's now have me all upset.My Superbird was one of those that never had a build sheet,when it comes time to let it go I guess I'll have to give it away.

I sold my Superbird #302 WITH the BCS and the new owner had the car at Legendary Motor Cars in Milton Ontario...They proceeded to loose the BCS when they moved to their new building...
A couple years later I see the car with yet another new owner...He tells me that I must be the Jerk that's holding the BCS for ransom...That's what LMC told him when he bought it

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Scatransit] #672139
04/23/10 09:39 PM
04/23/10 09:39 PM
west kentucky
G
gomangoRTSE Offline
pro stock
gomangoRTSE  Offline
pro stock
G

west kentucky
Quote:

Your right, an original build sheet does not change the "...reality of what a car is...".

It does, however, establish the reality of its value.

I think this is exactly true. In life there are fewer hard "realities" than you think. Even in legal writings that are written in defining terms, the perception of those writings are disagreed upon. Thats why there are lawyers and courts. What one perceives as reality, another sees and defines it as something different.

When you buy a new car, the window sticker does in no way change the reality of what the car is. If it didnt have that window sticker, the reality of the car would still be the same. However the manufacturers creates a peceived reality of what is by telling you the manufacturers value of the car. You will then of course compare prices of the car to others similiar. When we buy, sell, trade anything each individual will have a little different perceived value of the product or service. So yes, I do believe a car with a buildsheet has a little higher value. The higher the value of the vehicle and its originality will compliment the documention and the documentation will compliment the car. My 70 RT/SE isnt a numbers matching California car, and I would place a low value on someone having the original broadcast sheet. However as had been said, if I had a high value original car, the accompanying documentation would help set a higher "monetary" value......which is perceived value of course. I think it most important to consider this: One mans reality is not necessarily another mans reality. Ive dated girls who I thought were beautiful only to be asked by a buddy why I was out with such a dog. His reality and perception of value wasnt the same as mine.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: gomangoRTSE] #672140
04/23/10 10:03 PM
04/23/10 10:03 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I guarantee that absolutley NO Chrysler "executives" or any other desk riders at Chrysler had any clue about what went on in the factory back then or even today! I know several retired line workers that went out for lunch everyday, drank a couple quarts, smoked a couple doobies, then went back to the line. They laugh at all the interest in fender tags, heck they used to make their own and put whatever codes they wanted on them! The Broadcast Sheet (I capitalize them for a reason) means so much more than any other documentation that it is not even funny. I have seen VIN's with 12 digits, fender tags with obvious wrong codes, dislexic stampings on core supports and trunk lips, cars repainted a different color right over the first paint job from the factory, and numerous other issues that make you say HMMMMMM... I will continue to put my faith in the Broadcast Sheet and will continue to appraise cars with a Broadcast Sheet at a higher value than one without and I am 100% sure that the majority in this hobby will agree with me. As far as I am concerned, a reproduction Broadcast Sheet is exactly the same as my Charmin, but not on a roll...

Last edited by Rhinodart; 04/23/10 10:06 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Rhinodart] #672141
04/23/10 11:03 PM
04/23/10 11:03 PM
Brantford Ontario
69_SIX_PACK Offline
master
69_SIX_PACK  Offline
master

Brantford Ontario
Is it just me or do we have more "Corvette" mentality guys around here than ever before. I can't wait til every Mopar you see is a 1 of 1 creation, complete with matching numbers, "offical documentation" etc

All in the name of greed.

"Pssst Hey those rich collector guys are saying your car isn't worth as much as their car because it doesn't have the factory documentation"

Really

You can get even though...

How

I can sell you some made up outta thin air documentation...just follow me and have your Credit Card Number handy...I am doing this for the litte guy and for the good of the hobby...hey and if I can line up my pockets with cash I AM HAPPY

History is a great teacher....look at the Corvette hobby...if you don't have a numbers matching, "officially documented car" you are the red headed step child and got nothing...nothing of course until you step into the market created by people that sell "official documentation"

Great Marketing

Dave

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: BS27R1B] #672142
04/23/10 11:31 PM
04/23/10 11:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

You might have got the wrong BS...

No.......I would definitely have to agree that you were correctly identified for expressing the "real BS"!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Alaskan_TA] #672143
04/24/10 12:43 AM
04/24/10 12:43 AM
Sonora, CA
68X426 Offline
enthusiast
68X426  Offline
enthusiast

Sonora, CA
Hey Barry, you're a straight shooter in my book.

Hopefully you can let this nonsense fade away.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language: We are here from the Government and we want to help you. 1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more 1968 Dodge Charger, 318 and not much else 1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383 and loud 1966 Dodge Van, Slant 6 and cool
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: 68X426] #672144
04/24/10 01:25 AM
04/24/10 01:25 AM
Ontario
C
Cudaworld Offline
super street
Cudaworld  Offline
super street
C

Ontario
Damn... I swore I wasn't going to post but can't resist...

How much is an OE GOLD Restored 1970 HEMI Cuda worth, Matching everything, gorgeous car but doesn't have any paperwork?

Ok,

How much is the exact same car with all paperwork, original receipts from 1970 - 2010, BCS, Insurance Card, Windows Sticker, owners manual, etc...?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Cudaworld] #672145
04/24/10 01:43 AM
04/24/10 01:43 AM
colorado
A
a12superbee Offline
master
a12superbee  Offline
master
A

colorado
Quote:

Damn... I swore I wasn't going to post but can't resist...

How much is an OE GOLD Restored 1970 HEMI Cuda worth, Matching everything, gorgeous car but doesn't have any paperwork?

Ok,

How much is the exact same car with all paperwork, original receipts from 1970 - 2010, BCS, Insurance Card, Windows Sticker, owners manual, etc...?

That's always what the question comes down to.

Two exact same cars, colors, options etc., one with a BS, one without;
Is one worth more or is the other worth less?
By what percent?

I can't afford this. mark
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: a12superbee] #672146
04/24/10 02:48 AM
04/24/10 02:48 AM
Ontario
C
Cudaworld Offline
super street
Cudaworld  Offline
super street
C

Ontario
Hardly worthless....

The car is what your buying, whether to restore or drive the piss out of doesn't matter. I believe the one with paperwork is worth more! How much, depends on how deep your pockets are or how much the seller paid for paper.

Seen far too many Cuda's without and original documentaton, making the oringinality of those cars way to difficult to validate.

The only reason the broadcast sheet became valuable is becasue the cars them selves appreciated to the orbit in such a relatively short period of time.

Last edited by Cudaworld; 04/24/10 02:50 AM.
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Cudaworld] #672147
04/24/10 09:31 AM
04/24/10 09:31 AM
N.E.Ohio
P
pacifica Offline
mopar
pacifica  Offline
mopar
P

N.E.Ohio
Don't know about any of this non-sense...... but makes me glad I have a non numbers matching, non original, dented up, mopar driver that ain't worth next to nuthin.

This is all PURE ENTERTAINMENT!

There are alot of references to "the hobby" in this thread.

Seems to me that "hobby" and "buisness" and "value/greed" are all conflicting interests

I feel sorry for any of you who weren't around 30 years ago and involved with mopars. Those were by far the best times for "the hobby".

Either you had a numbers car with or without papers or you didn't. There was no reproduction yet, you either found nos at a show or you fixed what you had or you did without.

Best of all, there were NO pro vendors, just people showing what they had and selling there spares/extras.

There weren't any trailers either, everyone drove to and from..... ahhh the good ole' days!!!!

Off topic??? Who cares, It's all a big fricken circus anyhow

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: pacifica] #672148
04/24/10 11:42 AM
04/24/10 11:42 AM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Quote:

Either you had a numbers car with or without papers or you didn't. There was no reproduction yet, you either found nos at a show or you fixed what you had or you did without.

And nobody cared!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: pacifica] #672149
04/24/10 11:57 AM
04/24/10 11:57 AM
Pinelands , NJ
J
joelson6 Offline
super stock
joelson6  Offline
super stock
J

Pinelands , NJ
WOW Pacifica,

that was great. that sums it up in a nutshell

i've got 2 with all the paperwork and a couple without. yes, i drive them all. i probably have less than 4 decades left on this planet, and that's being optimistic. i want to enjoy the cars while i'm here.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672150
04/24/10 12:49 PM
04/24/10 12:49 PM
Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
Hi Dave, Are you really considering reproducing broadcast sheets? Since you just announced it, I imagine that you haven't gotten very far with product development on this project yet, but I had a few honest questions if you don't mind.

1. Will your broadcast sheets be licensed by Chrysler?

2. Will your broadcast sheets be clearly marked as reproductions/replacements somewhere on the sheet?

3. How will you gather info on the car that the sheet is for? (does the owner just fill out a worksheet or something?)

4. What will you do about information that should be on the sheet but is simply not available anywhere else? (Time stamp & sequence # for example)

5. Will the sheets be aged to appear old?

I really don't know much about your reproduction window stickers, but I am curious. Would you please answer those same questions about your window stickers?

Tav

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cataclysm80] #672151
04/24/10 01:07 PM
04/24/10 01:07 PM
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Actually if ECS steps up and does make reproduction Broadcast Sheets as Dave annouced, I think I'll get one for the Barrelcuda.
At this time I would like to add 15 X 7 ralley wheels and maybe bill boards

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: pacifica] #672152
04/24/10 01:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

This is all PURE ENTERTAINMENT!

MASTER Steve! Thank you for your correct assessment of how things are! I have been trying to (basically) express the same thing in my posts but for whatever reason, my comments are viewed as rude and threatening. I am pleased that you are able to make statements like this without being criticized or attacked. The only "real" importance to ANYTHING is maintained by the individual and how they feel about something. There are no absolute "rights" or "wrongs".

I visit this site and share factual documentation, untouched pictorial proof, corporate testimonials, factory photos, etc.... and you would think that I have committed a crime! Others are "Thanked" for similar efforts while I am constantly chastised! I have received DOZENS of phone calls and emails from people on this board telling me how "correct" I am and to keep on pushing past all of the "garbage". Nobody is aware of this because it is all done behind the scenes. If more folks had the courage to express their true feelings publicly (instead of through private messages) these topics might be better represented. I know why my comments are always being attacked and downgraded however. I was NEVER suppose to come on the scene and challenge the "establishments" or what they have preached for all of these years. The truth is that they are not really angry with me! They are angry with THEMSELVES for not taking take the time to do things right, therefore exposing THEIR OWN shortcomings! It is always easier to blame and attack someone else than it is to take personal responsibility.
Anyway, thanks for having the courage to come here and express your thoughts Steve!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cataclysm80] #672153
Puyallup, Wa.
S
Steve340 Offline
pro stock
Steve340  Offline
pro stock
S

Puyallup, Wa.
What options of any value are going to be on the option sheet that aren't on the fender tag? Just curious.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: anlauto] #672154
Atlanta Indiana
D
Dave Watt Offline
master
Dave Watt  Offline
master
D

Atlanta Indiana
I can just see it now. All the cars out there with extra options added will now claim they are original because they have a Broadcast sheet to back it up.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cataclysm80] #672155
04/24/10 01:45 PM
04/24/10 01:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Hi Dave, Are you really considering reproducing broadcast sheets? Since you just announced it, I imagine that you haven't gotten very far with product development on this project yet...

Hi Tav,
To the dismay and ill feelings of others here, I already HAVE made them! I have more than six variations and styles that perfectly represent the different assembly plants. Seven years ago "GG" made a comment in MCG that he could spot ANY reproduction that was made. That sounded like a challenge to me so I spent the next two years (off an on) reproducing the most accurate Build sheets ever made. I knew that these HAD to be perfect so every little detail, printing mistake and nuance was accurately reproduced. It then took over a year to correctly reproduce the fonts with varying degrees of shading and print inconsistencies. The actual sheets were printed (out of state) on the correct Heidelberg printing machines that were originally used to do these. I didn't just print one type or style! I knew that there were different variations with regards to the perforation cuts and collated edges. I had six different variations done covering 1969 thru 1970. The cost was a little over $22K to do all of this. The final test was when I had an anonymous person approach GG with my work and he "verified" it with no questions whatsoever! If he is reading this, then this will be his first awareness of it. For the record....No I do not sell them and will not sell them. They have already been submitted to Chrysler AND APPROVED but Dave Stuart thought it would not be a good idea to ever sell them. I respect Dave more than anyone else in this Hobby and have followed his advice. Anyone care to see them? How about a side by side comparison? This would allow Rinodart to see if he could actually pick out his favorite "wiping" utensils!

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12