Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
rickstershemi  Offline OP
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

March, 2010
March 26, 2010 - NOTICE OF DECERTIFICATION; NOTICE TO CEASE AND DESIST AND TERMINATION OF ALL CONTRACTS OF PARTICIPATION ISSUED TO IMPACT RACING
SFI Foundation, Inc., has issued a Notice of Decertification; Notice of Cease and Desist, and a notice terminating all Contracts of Participation to Impact Racing. Effective April 27, 2010, all products manufactured and/or distributed by Impact Racing pursuant to SFI Specification Programs 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 are decertified. Evidence obtained by SFI shows that over a period of years Impact Racing has engaged in the production and use of counterfeit SFI conformance labels and patches, and affixed them to Impact products for use in motorsports. Under the Contracts of Participation between SFI and Impact, SFI conformance labels and patches may only be obtained from SFI and no other source. Evidence shows that Impact had counterfeit SFI labels and patches made in Asia and then affixed them to Impact products it distributed to members of the racing community. To SFI’s knowledge, Impact never advised its customers that its products contained phony SFI labels and patches. Impact never advised SFI of its systematic and longstanding practice of counterfeiting and distributing SFI patches and labeling.
Impact has been directed to cease and desist from this practice. SFI has directed Impact to immediately notify all affected customers to remove the counterfeit labeling and to offer the affected customers a full refund of the purchase price. SFI is requesting that all counterfeit conformance labels removed from Impact products be sent to SFI.
SFI has elected not to decertify these products immediately in order to minimize the potential hardships to members of the racing community that have been brought about by Impact’s counterfeiting activities.
SFI has also elected to terminate all Contracts of Participation with Impact Racing effective 90 days from March 24, 2010. Under the terms of the Contracts, either party may terminate the agreements without penalty upon 90 days notice. This means that Impact will no longer be able to participate in any SFI programs after this 90 day period.
SFI has taken these actions in the best interests of the safety and integrity of the racing community. This is in keeping with SFI’s mission and purpose.

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651868
03/26/10 03:24 PM
St. Louis, MO
Blues_Cuda Offline
master
Blues_Cuda  Offline
master

St. Louis, MO
Isn't this the former owner of Simpson?

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651869
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
i wonder what's really going on here?

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: maximum entropy] #651870
03/26/10 03:31 PM
03/26/10 03:31 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

i wonder what's really going on here?

Well before there jacket didnt meet sfi code and I
guess they looked a little closer at them

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: Blues_Cuda] #651871
03/26/10 03:34 PM
03/26/10 03:34 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club
WILD BILL  Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club

BROOK PARK, OH
Quote:

I think so

All I can say is WOW and I feel for those affected.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: WILD BILL] #651872
03/26/10 03:38 PM
03/26/10 03:38 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

I think so

Yep... sure am glad I dont own any Impact gear...
those guys are going to be Pisssed off specially
if they just purchased it ... a jacket and pants
arent cheap if its a /5 or better

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: MR_P_BODY] #651873
03/26/10 03:44 PM
03/26/10 03:44 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Im headed to there office in brownsburg asap!!!

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651874
03/26/10 03:45 PM
03/26/10 03:45 PM
Q
quick77rt Offline
Parts Problem
quick77rt  Offline
Parts Problem
Q

If SFI is doing there job and have a legit reason, then there is one system that works, and who knows if it keeps one kid from being fatherless its all the better.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: WILD BILL] #651875
03/26/10 03:47 PM
03/26/10 03:47 PM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

maybe i'm dead wrong here for my comments but bill simpson has probably done more to advance racing safety than any other single person out there. now his previously owned company that bears his name is owned by businessmen who are having their safety equipment made in china etc. i'd like to get a new simpson bandit but the shells are now made in china. afaik all impact equipment was made in USA, i could be wrong. with sfi's history i wouldn't be surprised if they charge a premium for their approval over and above what it actually costs for the testing (read business not non-profit). obviously i have no first hand knowledge of all the aspects of the situation and would be sorely disappointed if simpson was knowingly and/or deliberately selling compromised safety equipment but off the cuff i'd rather have my sfi sticker made in china than my helmet...but that's just my twisted logic.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: MR_P_BODY] #651876
03/26/10 03:48 PM
03/26/10 03:48 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think so

Yep... sure am glad I dont own any Impact gear...
those guys are going to be Pisssed off specially
if they just purchased it ... a jacket and pants
arent cheap if its a /5 or better

To say I'm pissed off would be a huge understatement.....not only due to the cost of replacement (suit, shoes, gloves, neck collar, arm restraints) but more due to my but being strapped into the roadster in a suit that is evidently not safe....that's the kicker

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651877
03/26/10 03:54 PM
03/26/10 03:54 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

Rick again i could be dead wrong here but it's not necessarily true that your gear is unsafe. it's plausible i would think to have a item certified by design, duplicate the item and put the counterfeit tag on it rather than paying sfi for their tags. i would bet that sfi probably charges a premium for the tags given the profit potential the items have.

to add another twist to it you could have a item certified THEN begin making/selling substandard products but paying sfi for the legit tags.

Last edited by jamesc; 03/26/10 04:01 PM.
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651878
03/26/10 04:04 PM
03/26/10 04:04 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

and THINK about this one. if sfi says they have elected to not decertify all the equipment immediately exactly what are we saying here? are we saying the equipment is deemed to actually be safe but we didn't get our cut or are we saying the equipment is unsafe but in the interest of convenience we're going to knowingly allow people to race with substandard equipment...seems a little hypocritical doesn't it?

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651879
03/26/10 04:09 PM
03/26/10 04:09 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
I don't blame Rickster or anybody else for being PO'd, I would feel the same way!

Jamesc does have some valid points and I'd rather have my SFI sticker made in china rather than my helment But that is no excuse nor good business practice for racers who TRUST HIS BRAND with their LIFE!

It WILL be interesting to see how this all plays out in the days and weeks ahead.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651880
03/26/10 04:10 PM
03/26/10 04:10 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Rick again i could be dead wrong here but it's not necessarily true that your gear is unsafe. it's plausible i would think to have a item certified by design, duplicate the item and put the counterfeit tag on it rather than paying sfi for their tags. i would bet that sfi probably charges a premium for the tags given the profit potential the items have.

to add another twist to it you could have a item certified THEN begin making/selling substandard products but paying sfi for the legit tags.

I agree to a certain extent....you might feel safe strapping yourself in wearing a suspect product....but I sure wouldn't

and why should sfi be getting bashed period...nobody is reinventing the wheel here...it's been done this way for decades

If simpson is putting bogus sfi tags on his product....then shame on him and him only

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651881
03/26/10 04:14 PM
03/26/10 04:14 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

maybe i'm dead wrong here for my comments but bill simpson has probably done more to advance racing safety than any other single person out there. now his previously owned company that bears his name is owned by businessmen who are having their safety equipment made in china etc. i'd like to get a new simpson bandit but the shells are now made in china. afaik all impact equipment was made in USA, i could be wrong. with sfi's history i wouldn't be surprised if they charge a premium for their approval over and above what it actually costs for the testing (read business not non-profit). obviously i have no first hand knowledge of all the aspects of the situation and would be sorely disappointed if simpson was knowingly and/or deliberately selling compromised safety equipment but off the cuff i'd rather have my sfi sticker made in china than my helmet...but that's just my twisted logic.

not all simpson products are made in china. the helmet I just bought was made in Kentucky.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651882
03/26/10 04:16 PM
03/26/10 04:16 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

i'm not defending simpson or bashing sfi but what makes the product suspect? do you really think the sfi tag is what makes a product safe? like i said IF the products are unsafe they should IMMEDIATELY suspend their use completely. so from a actual point of safety either one of two things is true. the products are safe OR they're unsafe and SFI is opening itself to some serious litigation of anyone gets injured. only one of these can be true. like i said think about it. either the stuff is good or it's not and we're willing to compromise the entire concept the SFI is founded on...which do you think is true? believe me i would be just as smoking mad if i had a bunch of impact gear and this came out.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: Quicktree] #651883
03/26/10 04:20 PM
03/26/10 04:20 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

didn't say they all were but afaik the shell for the bandit is and that's what i wanted to get. also afaik they will no longer recert and/or reweb their own equipment and it just so happens they make the only harness that fits the sig car nice and believe me i've tried many of them. just curious which helmet did you get?

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651884
03/26/10 04:21 PM
03/26/10 04:21 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

i'm not defending simpson or bashing sfi but what makes the product suspect? do you really think the sfi tag is what makes a product safe? like i said IF the products are unsafe they should IMMEDIATELY suspend their use completely. so from a actual point of safety either one of two things is true. the products are safe OR they're unsafe and SFI is opening itself to some serious litigation of anyone gets injured. only one of these can be true. like i said think about it. either the stuff is good or it's not and we're willing to compromise the entire concept the SFI is founded on...which do you think is true? believe me i would be just as smoking mad if i had a bunch of impact gear and this came out.

sfi wants there money plain and simple

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: Quicktree] #651885
03/26/10 04:26 PM
03/26/10 04:26 PM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
Sure SFI wants their money...but I'd raise suspicions about any company that produced a bogus safety certification sticker of any sort. If they are willing to lie about the authenticity of the safety certification sticker then what else are they willing to lie about? Bad business practices all around...if the cert is that expensive I'd look for ways to reduce manufacturing costs and/or explain to the customer how much the cost of their product goes towards that SFI safety cert, so when they raise their prices to cover the additional $$ SFI wants the customer can raise their ire at SFI, not Impact.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651886
03/26/10 04:28 PM
03/26/10 04:28 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

and like I said James....I agree with that, but who says it actually is or not...????? Do you know...????? OK, I don't either and it pisses me off....if you can't understand that, then I'm sorry.

Guess we will see what comes from all this, but I am highly doubtful it will help any of us that are stuck with this crap and that is all it will be worth, thanks to Bill Simpson not playing by the rules.

Rant Over

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651887
03/26/10 04:31 PM
03/26/10 04:31 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Let me get this straight..... Impact Racing and Simpson
are TWO different companies.... correct..... all they
are talking about is Impact

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: MR_P_BODY] #651888
03/26/10 04:32 PM
03/26/10 04:32 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Yes....he used to own Simpson, sold it and later started Impact.

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651889
03/26/10 04:37 PM
03/26/10 04:37 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Ok... I got it now, when you guys are saying Simpson,
you are saying Simpson as the owner and not the company

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: MR_P_BODY] #651890
03/26/10 04:38 PM
03/26/10 04:38 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Ok... I got it now, when you guys are saying Simpson,
you are saying Simpson as the owner and not the company

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651891
03/26/10 04:44 PM
03/26/10 04:44 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

simpson racing was started by bill simpson then sold after the dale earnhardt incident (and death threats to him and his family). he then started impact racing which is the company being discussed here.

Rick i understand your anger towards impact believe me, i know what this stuff costs. i would think if impact wants to stay in business they will attempt to make good. either that or bill simpson is probably done for good.

again my point is this. SFI the organization that is supposed to be a non-profit organization dedicated to overseeing the design and materials of racing safety equipment (and charges for this service) is NOT immediately suspending the usage of said product.

sixpac i'd be equally suspect of a organization supposedly founded in/on safety that was willing to allow people to race with a KNOWN substandard product.

either the product is safe and the non-profit organization didn't get their cut or imho SFI's credibility has just been reduced to zero...take your pick, you only get one

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651892
03/26/10 04:49 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
OK, I just hung up with Impact Racing whom stated this is now in their attorney's hands and to expect a statement to be released some time next week....

So stay tuned....

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651893
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
The rumor around the Indianapolis area about Simpson as a company was that he lost it in a nasty divorce but was able used the Eardhardt thing as a way to bow out.

I just called Impact directly and all of there sales guys have a statement to read if you are calling about this, and it goes like this...l

Impacts lawyers are in direct contact with the SFI lawyers....blah blah blah.....our stuff is safe, and legally still certified.....bblah blah blah.....we are not offering any refunds at this time....blah blah blah

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651894
03/26/10 05:02 PM
03/26/10 05:02 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

simpson racing was started by bill simpson then sold after the dale earnhardt incident (and death threats to him and his family). he then started impact racing which is the company being discussed here.

Rick i understand your anger towards impact believe me, i know what this stuff costs. i would think if impact wants to stay in business they will attempt to make good. either that or bill simpson is probably done for good.

again my point is this. SFI the organization that is supposed to be a non-profit organization dedicated to overseeing the design and materials of racing safety equipment (and charges for this service) is NOT immediately suspending the usage of said product.

sixpac i'd be equally suspect of a organization supposedly founded in/on safety that was willing to allow people to race with a KNOWN substandard product.

either the product is safe and the non-profit organization didn't get their cut or imho SFI's credibility has just been reduced to zero...take your pick, you only get one

Don't take this personally James, but I do get quite tired of hearing about "SFI" getting there cut. Any non-profit organization has costs to bear in order to exist....SFI is the choice of both NHRA, IHRA and a host of other racing organizations picked to test and certify safety equipment and apparel. For Impact to try and bypass this system is a slap in the face to all racers that have put they're faith and trust into Impact's products regardless of whether they actually safe or not...there is NO EXCUSE EXCEPTABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF PRACTICE

With recent problems Impact went through last year with it's products I am certainly leaning towards them being solely at fault here

Now knock it off because I'm running out of cents or maybe sense

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651895
03/26/10 05:35 PM
03/26/10 05:35 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

Rick i'm not making excuses for impact or saying they're not at fault, they clearly are. my main point is that the equipment must actually be safe or SFI would/should immediately suspend it's use. now that being said why is it that racers now have to absorb the cost of replacement (of a known good product) at the end of the grace period (or whatever it's being called)? they should allow racers to use the equipment until it's normal time would expire and take it up with impact. if SFI really needs the money then fine impact for what they would have gotten from the genuine tags. it's either safe or it isn't, there's no in between. and if it's safe you should be able to use it regardless if SFI got their cut or not. racers have enough costs to bear to stay in compliance with the rules and regulations.

oh and i certainly don't take it personal, we're cool

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651896
03/26/10 05:50 PM
03/26/10 05:50 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

the part about why he sold...sounds like a soap opera...with some of the stories..?
he sold the company...Simpson
plane and simple..a divorce may have factor'd
but...the Ernhart stuff...never made sense to me.
the way i saw it as it was happening...

he had a new revolutionary fire proof product.
"kept that under his vest"
he sold off the old company..."Simpson"
waited for the non compete clause to expire.
then launched his new line of fire retardant products..under new name..IMPACT
its that simple..
and a smart move if you ask me..
as far as the fake SFI badging..
that was not a smart move if you ask me.

but no one asked..
so back to our regularly scheduled posts..
i have simpson and G-force stuff personally.
chepast

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651897
03/26/10 05:54 PM
03/26/10 05:54 PM
under a rock
F
flathood Offline
flathood  Offline
F

under a rock
Simpsom Racing suits are ALL made here in the USA,most of their more expensive shoes are also made here.I am not sure about the head protection.Impact will have a hard time surviving this one.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #651898
03/26/10 05:57 PM
03/26/10 05:57 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

chepast

do you really want to be called that?

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651899
03/26/10 06:00 PM
03/26/10 06:00 PM
Columbia, CT
M
moper Offline
I Live Here
moper  Offline
I Live Here
M

Columbia, CT
I'm just tossing this in here... No real dog in this fight... But regardless of the fees associated with the sticker, there also comes a certain liability for affixing it for the certifying company. If the stuff wasn't tested properly and tagged as counterfit, then the liability is being passed to Impact without any investment by the company. It's like if Hyundai started buildig Challengers with Dodge emblems for the same money and then you wanted a Dodge dealership to warranty it. My impression after reading this is SFI is saying "we know about it and it's Impact's deal", so the liability can be pushed off them. Whether the garments or items are truly safe, I have no clue and I don't know if I'd trust them the same way. Just my thoughts here...

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: jamesc] #651900
03/26/10 06:04 PM
03/26/10 06:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} #651901
03/26/10 06:41 PM
03/26/10 06:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

last year IMPACT was caught selling firesuits labeled as three layer that were only two,layers

Quote:

Category: Clothing
July 19, 2009 - NOTICE OF TEMPORARY PRODUCT DECERTIFICATION. Effective July 9, 2009: Pursuant to SFI Test Laboratory reports, SFI Foundation, Inc. has reason to believe that certain Impact Racing products manufactured in the year 2007 do not fully comply with the minimum standards set forth in the SFI Specification 3.2A Program. Therefore, pursuant to Section 12.0 of the program, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, and UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, any and all driver suits, pants, and jackets manufactured by Impact Racing pursuant to SFI Spec 3.2A/15 and 3.2A/20 at any time during the year 2007 are hereby TEMPORARILY DECERTIFIED by SFI Foundation, Inc. This temporary decertification applies to all such products whether or not they have been updated, upgraded, rebadged, or recertified by Impact Racing. This temporary decertification applies even if the product now has a 2009 SFI label affixed to the product. The date of manufacture of the product is determinative.

This decertification is temporary and will remain in effect until further notice from SFI. The manufacturer has challenged SFI’s findings in this matter and is conducting its own review of the findings and the full compliance of the products in question. SFI’s investigation continues. This decertification may be modified, withdrawn, or made permanent.

Fred, you beat me to it.
i said i was never going to buy any impact products after last years fiasco with inferior product.
i knew this was going to happen eventually with impact.
its called greed, and i think this is the end for impact.i saw there produce and was not impressed by some of my fellow racers swore by impacts product because it was made in the USA.
i'm having a tough time swallowing that Impact was made in USA.im thinking made in China,with the Chinese labels, theres no other reason to try and bypass SFI. im thinking poor quality and unsafe safety equipment.
manufactured by impact

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} #651902
03/26/10 06:45 PM
03/26/10 06:45 PM
St. Louis Mo.
10 o to go Offline
"Happy Don"
10 o to go  Offline
"Happy Don"

St. Louis Mo.
Didn't they have problem last year or 2 years ago .
Wasn't alky dragsters ,funny cars drive have a false rating and inferior material used ?
thought it was Simpson then .could be wrong
DR

2009 418" build dan smith built new 9.96 131.82 6.23 108 1.30 60 foot best to date 9/15/09 8in 727 430 dana 2860 lb 3040 lb w driver
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: 10 o to go] #651903
03/26/10 06:50 PM
03/26/10 06:50 PM
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

i am sure Rick referred to this incident in his post..
he is doubley P.O'D i am sure as he feels duped twice....
i dont blame him....
id be p'd as well..
cheapst.

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #651904
03/26/10 06:59 PM
03/26/10 06:59 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

judging by the decertifications and recall on the sfi site it would be surprising if impact stays in business. i wonder what the outcome of these infractions has been there doesn't seem to be any follow up information. either way sounds like simpson has worn out his welcome with them.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: 10 o to go] #651905
03/26/10 07:00 PM
03/26/10 07:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Didn't they have problem last year or 2 years ago .
Wasn't alky dragsters ,funny cars drive have a false rating and inferior material used ?
thought it was Simpson then .could be wrong
DR

not simpson products only IMPACT

(I Make Poor And Cheap Things)

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} #651906
03/26/10 07:45 PM
03/26/10 07:45 PM
ky
68roadrunner Offline
super stock
68roadrunner  Offline
super stock

ky
Rick thanks for keeping us informed, glad i dont have any impact.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: 68roadrunner] #651907
03/26/10 07:55 PM
03/26/10 07:55 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
I will just sit back and wait my suit and helmet are both from impact. Suit was recalled and replaced last year so I will not be happy if I need a new suit. You just don't know. I can not imagine that anyone will see a refund THAT IS A JOKE.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651908
03/26/10 09:21 PM
03/26/10 09:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea and I bet those China harmonic dampers that have a few pop rivets and an aluminum ring to hold the outer from flying off --and that have an SFI sticker are just PERFECT. No one complains about those because we all know that we are cheating the price raising SFI devil on that one aren't we?
SFI looks to have been invented by the US Congress --they SAY it is for our own good but it COST us more $$$$!!!! and they are supposed to be non profit but then they Lord over as many parts makers as they can--more and more stuff has to be SFI -- I don't know anymore--you can buy knock off anything if you look around---and the REAL stuff ain't all that great so... many other products available for our race cars that are required to be SFI are JUNK -- you can't get tore up about a suit and not get that way about a fake flexplate or.... One word sums it all up for both sides GREED.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: ] #651909
03/26/10 09:55 PM
03/26/10 09:55 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
One can only expect the companies to be trying to cut corners to make a better profit. But,,then again,,maybe THEY should go "non-profit" like SFI,NHRA, etc. It seems to me, that ALL "non-profit" orginizations make out OKAY every year. WHY,,,??? NO TAXES...!! SFI was formed and intended for a good purpose, but looks like it may be corrupt just like our elected officials who 'started out with a good purpose'. Everyday brings new turn of events that haven't been seen before because these times have never been seen before.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: CHAPPER] #651910
03/26/10 10:55 PM
03/26/10 10:55 PM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
wow...so simpson the company is ok to use, impact the company owned by Mr Simpson...is not?

what about the SNELL ratings on the helmets? I'm in the market for a full face helmet, and have been looking at some of the Simpson helmets...what other name brands are there out there that are affordable? is Bell totally independent of Impact and Simpson?

what helmets are US made?

**Photobucket sucks**
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651911
03/27/10 02:05 AM
03/27/10 02:05 AM
iowa
wesw Offline
enthusiast
wesw  Offline
enthusiast

iowa
thanks rick, you made my day. no wonder the sfi-15 i ordered back in december isn't here wet.
looks like jegs is going to be getting my sfi-5 impact suite back also.

598 ci predator
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: 70Cuda383] #651912
03/27/10 06:04 AM
03/27/10 06:04 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

wow...so simpson the company is ok to use, impact the company owned by Mr Simpson...is not?

what about the SNELL ratings on the helmets? I'm in the market for a full face helmet, and have been looking at some of the Simpson helmets...what other name brands are there out there that are affordable? is Bell totally independent of Impact and Simpson?

what helmets are US made?

be careful with some of the simpson helmets. mine is made in the USA but some are not.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: Quicktree] #651913
03/28/10 11:20 AM
03/28/10 11:20 AM
Vermont
T
TrWaters Offline
top fuel
TrWaters  Offline
top fuel
T

Vermont
Its kind of strange (well not really) how this whole post got turned around.
No where did SFI say that the Impact items 1: are not safe, or 2: not SFI certified. It states that Impact attached labels obtained from a source other than SFI.

It does not appear to be a case of SFI labels on an uncertified product.

TR Waters
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: TrWaters] #651914
03/28/10 11:36 AM
03/28/10 11:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} #651915
03/28/10 12:01 PM
03/28/10 12:01 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Its kind of strange (well not really) how this whole post got turned around.
No where did SFI say that the Impact items 1: are not safe, or 2: not SFI certified. It states that Impact attached labels obtained from a source other than SFI.

It does not appear to be a case of SFI labels on an uncertified product.

it looks like the bogus labels themselves are reason to make the move. For some reason there were corners being cut.I am curious if a maker has to pay SFI per label ?
However this is the same outfit that also sold suits that were not as advertised in that two ply were sold as three ply and some racers nearly got burned badly. That make it stink out loud.Any manufacture of safety equipment that tries to sell a product under either of the two violations should be jailed.They are messing with people's lives

Manufacturer's are required to purchase the labels from SFI per CONTRACT. It has been this way for years....you get caught cheating the system (breaking the TOC) not a wise decision IMHO and again a HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE RACING COMMUNITY for creating this tremendous inconvenience and hardship for the majority

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651916
03/29/10 07:26 PM
03/29/10 07:26 PM
Brea, Ca
D
Dart Racer Offline
mopar
Dart Racer  Offline
mopar
D

Brea, Ca
I have taken the time to write to SFI the following, and if you agree you might want to do the same.

To Whom It May Concern:

I write this on behalf of all racers currently affected by your recent findings on IMPACT Racing products. We appreciate that SFI is responsible for making sure racers are buying safe products and vendors are in-fact selling products that meet the SFI standards. Before I can relate my request, I must first ask if in fact the Impact products decertified are safe to use? Given that this appears to be a tag fraud issue not an unsafe product, allows me to ask your consideration of the following:

Impact is the responsible party, not us racers, so let them pay for their fraudulent ways NOT US. Allow us to use the product for their coded lifespan and then SFI should fine/go after IMPACT not us. Thousands of us would be required to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to replace equipment that we JUST purchased. Please, at the VERY minimum give us a year to save up the money necessary to replace the products affected. An April 27th deadline is just not fair to us!!!!!

Respectfully
Tom Easterday

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: Dart Racer] #651917
03/29/10 07:57 PM
03/29/10 07:57 PM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
copied from another site:

Posted March 29, 2010 02:45 PM Hide Post
Just got this via e-mail from Impact:

Impact Racing would like to respond to the statement on March 26, 2010 by SFI regarding their intention to decertify all SFI labeled Impact Racing products. All SFI labeled products currently being sold by Impact Racing have current SFI certification and legally obtained labels. The safety of our products has in no way been compromised. The allegation from SFI is in relation to the actual SFI tag only. We suggest at this time to continue to use your equipment, which is safe and has been certified and do not have anyone replace your tags on your products.

On March 26, 2010 the attorneys representing Impact Racing filed an appeal. There is also a hearing in court on April 1, 2010. Impact Racing will keep all of our customers informed as details unfold.

We are not accepting returns or refunds on delivered products. We suggest at this time to wait until further notice until we learn more about the details and allegations.

A formal press release will follow shortly.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: MegaDart] #651918
03/29/10 08:30 PM
03/29/10 08:30 PM
San Clemente, ca
enelson Offline
mopar addict
enelson  Offline
mopar addict

San Clemente, ca
Heh, April fools day in court for a hearing about fradulent SFI tags can't go without a chuckle!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651919
03/29/10 08:39 PM
03/29/10 08:39 PM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Quote:

judging by the decertifications and recall on the sfi site it would be surprising if impact stays in business. i wonder what the outcome of these infractions has been there doesn't seem to be any follow up information. either way sounds like simpson has worn out his welcome with them.

GREED plain and simple. I hope they go out of business!!

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: cudadon] #651920
03/29/10 09:33 PM
03/29/10 09:33 PM
Chino Valley
RodStRace Offline
I Live Here
RodStRace  Offline
I Live Here

Chino Valley
First Impact suits
http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=22813
Then the HANS clips
http://www.dragracingsafety.com/articles/article-4.html
Now this.
The whole point of the label is trust and adhering to the rules.
The company is selling suits that are labelled SFI approved. This means YOU pass inspection at the track.
If they are forging the tag, they are defrauding SFI for the tag price (which funds the testing) and YOU since the suit does not meet the requirements needed to pass tech (a proper SFI label)!

It has been said here and on other forums that this is a head-butting contest, but for all that have this equipment, you are the ones that are losing due to the cost of replacing the equipment in a short amount of time and at your own expense.

As to why SFI has not pulled the stuff right now, my uneducated guess is that it was done this way for the following reasons:
1. To allow time for Impact to defend itself in court. If this were not allowed to happen, SFI could lose and would be responsible for any and all expenses and slander. Innocent until proven guilty.
2. To provide a bit of time (although not enough, judging from other forums) to let the racers comply and not halt all SFI spec racing.
3. So that the extent of the issue can be narrowed and defined. Say you have a suit that is manufacturered to the standards and does have the SFI tag. You would rightly expect to be able to use the suit or have someone replace it with one that does. If your suit does not pass the standards (which requires destructive testing to really be sure), it doesn't matter which tag is on it, Impact is to blame.
4. If SFI had not given some sort of notice before this went to court or before they yanked the certification, there would be a lot of people asking why they didn't give any notice. They came out now AND provided a cut-off date.

IMHO, Any company that sells something as legit that is a forgery is committing fraud, whether the item is safe or not. The label is part of the requirements for the item to be sold as certified, and the comsumer is purchasing the item to comply with the certification and be legal to particapate with a scantioning body that has adopted those certifications in it's rules.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

Who Uses SFI Standards?

Manufacturers of equipment are the primary users of SFI standards. Some standards are adopted as part of the rules of race sanctioning organizations.

It is important to keep in mind that any such use of counterfeit labeling is in violation of the SFI specification programs.

Under the Contracts of Participation between SFI and Impact, SFI conformance labels and patches may only be obtained from SFI and no other source. Evidence shows that Impact had counterfeit SFI labels and patches made in Asia and then affixed them to Impact products it distributed to members of the racing community.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651921
03/29/10 09:54 PM
03/29/10 09:54 PM
TN
S
SCATPACK 1 Offline
pro stock
SCATPACK 1  Offline
pro stock
S

TN
SFI ?
I do have a ? on SFI ceritfication. I buy a new set of seat belts that have never been off the shelf and because they were sitting there for a long time waiting or because it took me a long time to finish my build, they are no lnger SFI certified because of the date expiring. Why are they no longer safe even though they have never been out of the plastic bag they came in??? Same thing with my Lakewood Scattershield. Brand new, never even been bolted to a motor, still in the original box, but now it is unsafe because the SFI sticker says the safe time has expired.!!
I understand I can send these to SFI or someone and Pay a fee to have them recertified, but why do I have to pay for this if they are brand new? Is it just a fee grab on SFI part? I suppose everything has a safety limit when it is being used and stressed. But it makes no sense to have an arbitrary life limit from date of Mfg instead of date sold. I have read other post on here before about this same thing from other Moparts members.
Just thinking out loud. I don't think the presence af that SFI sticker really makes an item safe or the lack of the sticker makes it non safe.

Old Geezer Racing
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: SCATPACK 1] #651922
03/29/10 10:04 PM
03/29/10 10:04 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

SFI ?
I do have a ? on SFI ceritfication. I buy a new set of seat belts that have never been off the shelf and because they were sitting there for a long time waiting or because it took me a long time to finish my build, they are no lnger SFI certified because of the date expiring. Why are they no longer safe even though they have never been out of the plastic bag they came in??? Same thing with my Lakewood Scattershield. Brand new, never even been bolted to a motor, still in the original box, but now it is unsafe because the SFI sticker says the safe time has expired.!!
I understand I can send these to SFI or someone and Pay a fee to have them recertified, but why do I have to pay for this if they are brand new? Is it just a fee grab on SFI part? I suppose everything has a safety limit when it is being used and stressed. But it makes no sense to have an arbitrary life limit from date of Mfg instead of date sold. I have read other post on here before about this same thing from other Moparts members.
Just thinking out loud. I don't think the presence af that SFI sticker really makes an item safe or the lack of the sticker makes it non safe.

and your car sits for three years and now needs a recert....who's fault is that....??????

Ya know this game has been being played this way since as far back as I can remember and I didn't drink any beer today so my memory is pretty clear ....THESE ARE THE SAME RULES THAT HAVE BEEN IN PLACE FOR MANY MANY YEARS....why is that so hard for some to understand

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: SCATPACK 1] #651923
03/29/10 10:48 PM
03/29/10 10:48 PM
north cakalaky
I
instigator Offline
super stock
instigator  Offline
super stock
I

north cakalaky
Quote:

SFI ?

Just race at tracks that don't abide by the NHRA/IHRA rules...nuff said.

65 Barracuda
All aluminum Indy HEMI with some boost!
COMING TO A TRACK NEAR YOU!

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651924
03/31/10 08:51 PM
03/31/10 08:51 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Well I believe this will be the nail in the coffin when they get to court tomorrow.

I'm begining to believe this is going to have a really bad ending

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651925
03/31/10 08:57 PM
03/31/10 08:57 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
Sounds like a pissed off employee.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651926
03/31/10 09:06 PM
03/31/10 09:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like it hit a nerve!
looks like this is the demise of IMPACT.
i cant see anyone buying another product from IMPACT unless that anyone has no previous knowledge of this serious incident.
i know for one that i'll never buy anything from IMPACT in the future.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} #651927
03/31/10 09:10 PM
03/31/10 09:10 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

i cant see anyone buying another product from IMPACT unless that anyone has no previous knowledge of this serious incident.

What Future

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651928
03/31/10 09:29 PM
03/31/10 09:29 PM
KYbywayof WV
F
Frito Offline
top fuel
Frito  Offline
top fuel
F

KYbywayof WV
I just bought a new helmet from their Brownsburg showroom last September. I know the helmets are snell and not SFI but I am still uncomfortable.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: Frito] #651929
03/31/10 09:33 PM
03/31/10 09:33 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

I just bought a new helmet from their Brownsburg showroom last September. I know the helmets are snell and not SFI but I am still uncomfortable.

I feel pretty comfortable about all my Impact stuff except I'll most likely only be able to salvage the helmet out of this

Still awaiting the verdict

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651930
03/31/10 09:35 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
Sounds like an employee whose conscience may have got to him and stepped forward. IIRC since 2005 this has been going on? I know I could not let that go and sleep at night.

For Bill Simpson to roll the dice and risk his name and business and quite possibly racers lives by doing something like this is just to me! Especially after the Dale Sr. incident.

What else can SFI find or might they already have

When was IMPACT founded?

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651931

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

What Future

maybe IMPACT will get a government bailout.
maybe FUTURE was a poor choice of words.huh?

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: Frito] #651932
03/31/10 09:39 PM
03/31/10 09:39 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
Quote:

I have a few bucks in gear from impact and it seems more of a money issue from SFI than the the equipment is going to fail.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651933
03/31/10 09:47 PM
03/31/10 09:47 PM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
all my stuff goes back to Jegs tomorrow for a complete refund including free shipping on new gear.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: MegaDart] #651934
03/31/10 09:50 PM
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

Wayne is that a 5 or a 15 suit?

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: MegaDart] #651935
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
I have a pair of shoes to return to Jegs, everything else was purchased from either Impact directly or SS Motorsports , who have already said sorry can't help

Needless to say " SS Motorsports " will never see another dime of my $$$$$$

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651936
03/31/10 10:04 PM
03/31/10 10:04 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
Quote:

I have a pair of shoes to return to Jegs, everything else was purchased from either Impact directly or SS Motorsports , who have already said sorry can't help

Needless to say " SS Motorsports " will never see another dime of my $$$$$$

Rickster

Same here mine came from impact directly and you know were never going to get any money back.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651937
03/31/10 10:07 PM
03/31/10 10:07 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Sounds like a pissed off employee.

I dont think so... sounds like he is just trying to
cover his but and I believe thats a court document

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651938
04/01/10 02:02 AM
04/01/10 02:02 AM
Riverside, California
L
Lil Demon Offline
master
Lil Demon  Offline
master
L

Riverside, California
[quote
I have a few bucks in gear from impact and it seems more of a money issue from SFI than the the equipment is going to fail.

I agree. It doesn;t say anything about the equipment being substandard, just that the labels are from a company other than SFi. My question is, if the order for LABELS was placed with SFi, would SFi have provided them to Impact? If so, then what's the difference from a safety perspective? The helmet is still the same helmet.

I do disagee with having another company essentially forge an SFi tag - but that seems to be a different issue than the equipment is unsafe.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651939
04/01/10 06:29 AM
04/01/10 06:29 AM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
Quote:

Wayne is that a 5 or a 15 suit?

all my Impact clothing is /5. Fortunately I got in on a Simpson group buy with the Div1 boys for my /15 suit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4