Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: 68roadrunner] #651907
03/26/10 07:55 PM
03/26/10 07:55 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
I will just sit back and wait my suit and helmet are both from impact. Suit was recalled and replaced last year so I will not be happy if I need a new suit. You just don't know. I can not imagine that anyone will see a refund THAT IS A JOKE.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651908
03/26/10 09:21 PM
03/26/10 09:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea and I bet those China harmonic dampers that have a few pop rivets and an aluminum ring to hold the outer from flying off --and that have an SFI sticker are just PERFECT. No one complains about those because we all know that we are cheating the price raising SFI devil on that one aren't we?
SFI looks to have been invented by the US Congress --they SAY it is for our own good but it COST us more $$$$!!!! and they are supposed to be non profit but then they Lord over as many parts makers as they can--more and more stuff has to be SFI -- I don't know anymore--you can buy knock off anything if you look around---and the REAL stuff ain't all that great so... many other products available for our race cars that are required to be SFI are JUNK -- you can't get tore up about a suit and not get that way about a fake flexplate or.... One word sums it all up for both sides GREED.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: ] #651909
03/26/10 09:55 PM
03/26/10 09:55 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
One can only expect the companies to be trying to cut corners to make a better profit. But,,then again,,maybe THEY should go "non-profit" like SFI,NHRA, etc. It seems to me, that ALL "non-profit" orginizations make out OKAY every year. WHY,,,??? NO TAXES...!! SFI was formed and intended for a good purpose, but looks like it may be corrupt just like our elected officials who 'started out with a good purpose'. Everyday brings new turn of events that haven't been seen before because these times have never been seen before.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: CHAPPER] #651910
03/26/10 10:55 PM
03/26/10 10:55 PM
Marysville, O-H-I-O
70Cuda383 Offline
Too Many Posts
70Cuda383  Offline
Too Many Posts

Marysville, O-H-I-O
wow...so simpson the company is ok to use, impact the company owned by Mr Simpson...is not?

what about the SNELL ratings on the helmets? I'm in the market for a full face helmet, and have been looking at some of the Simpson helmets...what other name brands are there out there that are affordable? is Bell totally independent of Impact and Simpson?

what helmets are US made?

**Photobucket sucks**
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651911
03/27/10 02:05 AM
03/27/10 02:05 AM
iowa
wesw Offline
enthusiast
wesw  Offline
enthusiast

iowa
thanks rick, you made my day. no wonder the sfi-15 i ordered back in december isn't here wet.
looks like jegs is going to be getting my sfi-5 impact suite back also.

598 ci predator
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: 70Cuda383] #651912
03/27/10 06:04 AM
03/27/10 06:04 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

wow...so simpson the company is ok to use, impact the company owned by Mr Simpson...is not?

what about the SNELL ratings on the helmets? I'm in the market for a full face helmet, and have been looking at some of the Simpson helmets...what other name brands are there out there that are affordable? is Bell totally independent of Impact and Simpson?

what helmets are US made?

be careful with some of the simpson helmets. mine is made in the USA but some are not.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: Quicktree] #651913
03/28/10 11:20 AM
03/28/10 11:20 AM
Vermont
T
TrWaters Offline
top fuel
TrWaters  Offline
top fuel
T

Vermont
Its kind of strange (well not really) how this whole post got turned around.
No where did SFI say that the Impact items 1: are not safe, or 2: not SFI certified. It states that Impact attached labels obtained from a source other than SFI.

It does not appear to be a case of SFI labels on an uncertified product.

TR Waters
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: TrWaters] #651914
03/28/10 11:36 AM
03/28/10 11:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} #651915
03/28/10 12:01 PM
03/28/10 12:01 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
rickstershemi  Offline OP
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Its kind of strange (well not really) how this whole post got turned around.
No where did SFI say that the Impact items 1: are not safe, or 2: not SFI certified. It states that Impact attached labels obtained from a source other than SFI.

It does not appear to be a case of SFI labels on an uncertified product.

it looks like the bogus labels themselves are reason to make the move. For some reason there were corners being cut.I am curious if a maker has to pay SFI per label ?
However this is the same outfit that also sold suits that were not as advertised in that two ply were sold as three ply and some racers nearly got burned badly. That make it stink out loud.Any manufacture of safety equipment that tries to sell a product under either of the two violations should be jailed.They are messing with people's lives

Manufacturer's are required to purchase the labels from SFI per CONTRACT. It has been this way for years....you get caught cheating the system (breaking the TOC) not a wise decision IMHO and again a HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE RACING COMMUNITY for creating this tremendous inconvenience and hardship for the majority

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651916
03/29/10 07:26 PM
03/29/10 07:26 PM
Brea, Ca
D
Dart Racer Offline
mopar
Dart Racer  Offline
mopar
D

Brea, Ca
I have taken the time to write to SFI the following, and if you agree you might want to do the same.

To Whom It May Concern:

I write this on behalf of all racers currently affected by your recent findings on IMPACT Racing products. We appreciate that SFI is responsible for making sure racers are buying safe products and vendors are in-fact selling products that meet the SFI standards. Before I can relate my request, I must first ask if in fact the Impact products decertified are safe to use? Given that this appears to be a tag fraud issue not an unsafe product, allows me to ask your consideration of the following:

Impact is the responsible party, not us racers, so let them pay for their fraudulent ways NOT US. Allow us to use the product for their coded lifespan and then SFI should fine/go after IMPACT not us. Thousands of us would be required to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to replace equipment that we JUST purchased. Please, at the VERY minimum give us a year to save up the money necessary to replace the products affected. An April 27th deadline is just not fair to us!!!!!

Respectfully
Tom Easterday

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: Dart Racer] #651917
03/29/10 07:57 PM
03/29/10 07:57 PM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
copied from another site:

Posted March 29, 2010 02:45 PM Hide Post
Just got this via e-mail from Impact:

Impact Racing would like to respond to the statement on March 26, 2010 by SFI regarding their intention to decertify all SFI labeled Impact Racing products. All SFI labeled products currently being sold by Impact Racing have current SFI certification and legally obtained labels. The safety of our products has in no way been compromised. The allegation from SFI is in relation to the actual SFI tag only. We suggest at this time to continue to use your equipment, which is safe and has been certified and do not have anyone replace your tags on your products.

On March 26, 2010 the attorneys representing Impact Racing filed an appeal. There is also a hearing in court on April 1, 2010. Impact Racing will keep all of our customers informed as details unfold.

We are not accepting returns or refunds on delivered products. We suggest at this time to wait until further notice until we learn more about the details and allegations.

A formal press release will follow shortly.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}} [Re: MegaDart] #651918
03/29/10 08:30 PM
03/29/10 08:30 PM
San Clemente, ca
enelson Offline
mopar addict
enelson  Offline
mopar addict

San Clemente, ca
Heh, April fools day in court for a hearing about fradulent SFI tags can't go without a chuckle!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: jamesc] #651919
03/29/10 08:39 PM
03/29/10 08:39 PM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Quote:

judging by the decertifications and recall on the sfi site it would be surprising if impact stays in business. i wonder what the outcome of these infractions has been there doesn't seem to be any follow up information. either way sounds like simpson has worn out his welcome with them.

GREED plain and simple. I hope they go out of business!!

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: cudadon] #651920
03/29/10 09:33 PM
03/29/10 09:33 PM
Chino Valley
RodStRace Offline
I Live Here
RodStRace  Offline
I Live Here

Chino Valley
First Impact suits
http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=22813
Then the HANS clips
http://www.dragracingsafety.com/articles/article-4.html
Now this.
The whole point of the label is trust and adhering to the rules.
The company is selling suits that are labelled SFI approved. This means YOU pass inspection at the track.
If they are forging the tag, they are defrauding SFI for the tag price (which funds the testing) and YOU since the suit does not meet the requirements needed to pass tech (a proper SFI label)!

It has been said here and on other forums that this is a head-butting contest, but for all that have this equipment, you are the ones that are losing due to the cost of replacing the equipment in a short amount of time and at your own expense.

As to why SFI has not pulled the stuff right now, my uneducated guess is that it was done this way for the following reasons:
1. To allow time for Impact to defend itself in court. If this were not allowed to happen, SFI could lose and would be responsible for any and all expenses and slander. Innocent until proven guilty.
2. To provide a bit of time (although not enough, judging from other forums) to let the racers comply and not halt all SFI spec racing.
3. So that the extent of the issue can be narrowed and defined. Say you have a suit that is manufacturered to the standards and does have the SFI tag. You would rightly expect to be able to use the suit or have someone replace it with one that does. If your suit does not pass the standards (which requires destructive testing to really be sure), it doesn't matter which tag is on it, Impact is to blame.
4. If SFI had not given some sort of notice before this went to court or before they yanked the certification, there would be a lot of people asking why they didn't give any notice. They came out now AND provided a cut-off date.

IMHO, Any company that sells something as legit that is a forgery is committing fraud, whether the item is safe or not. The label is part of the requirements for the item to be sold as certified, and the comsumer is purchasing the item to comply with the certification and be legal to particapate with a scantioning body that has adopted those certifications in it's rules.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

Who Uses SFI Standards?

Manufacturers of equipment are the primary users of SFI standards. Some standards are adopted as part of the rules of race sanctioning organizations.

It is important to keep in mind that any such use of counterfeit labeling is in violation of the SFI specification programs.

Under the Contracts of Participation between SFI and Impact, SFI conformance labels and patches may only be obtained from SFI and no other source. Evidence shows that Impact had counterfeit SFI labels and patches made in Asia and then affixed them to Impact products it distributed to members of the racing community.

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651921
03/29/10 09:54 PM
03/29/10 09:54 PM
TN
S
SCATPACK 1 Offline
pro stock
SCATPACK 1  Offline
pro stock
S

TN
SFI ?
I do have a ? on SFI ceritfication. I buy a new set of seat belts that have never been off the shelf and because they were sitting there for a long time waiting or because it took me a long time to finish my build, they are no lnger SFI certified because of the date expiring. Why are they no longer safe even though they have never been out of the plastic bag they came in??? Same thing with my Lakewood Scattershield. Brand new, never even been bolted to a motor, still in the original box, but now it is unsafe because the SFI sticker says the safe time has expired.!!
I understand I can send these to SFI or someone and Pay a fee to have them recertified, but why do I have to pay for this if they are brand new? Is it just a fee grab on SFI part? I suppose everything has a safety limit when it is being used and stressed. But it makes no sense to have an arbitrary life limit from date of Mfg instead of date sold. I have read other post on here before about this same thing from other Moparts members.
Just thinking out loud. I don't think the presence af that SFI sticker really makes an item safe or the lack of the sticker makes it non safe.

Old Geezer Racing
Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: SCATPACK 1] #651922
03/29/10 10:04 PM
03/29/10 10:04 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

SFI ?
I do have a ? on SFI ceritfication. I buy a new set of seat belts that have never been off the shelf and because they were sitting there for a long time waiting or because it took me a long time to finish my build, they are no lnger SFI certified because of the date expiring. Why are they no longer safe even though they have never been out of the plastic bag they came in??? Same thing with my Lakewood Scattershield. Brand new, never even been bolted to a motor, still in the original box, but now it is unsafe because the SFI sticker says the safe time has expired.!!
I understand I can send these to SFI or someone and Pay a fee to have them recertified, but why do I have to pay for this if they are brand new? Is it just a fee grab on SFI part? I suppose everything has a safety limit when it is being used and stressed. But it makes no sense to have an arbitrary life limit from date of Mfg instead of date sold. I have read other post on here before about this same thing from other Moparts members.
Just thinking out loud. I don't think the presence af that SFI sticker really makes an item safe or the lack of the sticker makes it non safe.

and your car sits for three years and now needs a recert....who's fault is that....??????

Ya know this game has been being played this way since as far back as I can remember and I didn't drink any beer today so my memory is pretty clear ....THESE ARE THE SAME RULES THAT HAVE BEEN IN PLACE FOR MANY MANY YEARS....why is that so hard for some to understand

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ SFI Notice in Regards to IMPACT RACING }}}}}}}} [Re: SCATPACK 1] #651923
03/29/10 10:48 PM
03/29/10 10:48 PM
north cakalaky
I
instigator Offline
super stock
instigator  Offline
super stock
I

north cakalaky
Quote:

SFI ?

Just race at tracks that don't abide by the NHRA/IHRA rules...nuff said.

65 Barracuda
All aluminum Indy HEMI with some boost!
COMING TO A TRACK NEAR YOU!

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651924
03/31/10 08:51 PM
03/31/10 08:51 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Well I believe this will be the nail in the coffin when they get to court tomorrow.

I'm begining to believe this is going to have a really bad ending

Rickster

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: rickstershemi] #651925
03/31/10 08:57 PM
03/31/10 08:57 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
Sounds like a pissed off employee.

Re: {{{{{{{ IMPACT RACING - THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN }}}}}}}} [Re: blown572dart] #651926
03/31/10 09:06 PM
03/31/10 09:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like it hit a nerve!
looks like this is the demise of IMPACT.
i cant see anyone buying another product from IMPACT unless that anyone has no previous knowledge of this serious incident.
i know for one that i'll never buy anything from IMPACT in the future.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4