01/10/10 06:29 PM
01/10/10 06:29 PM
Tampa Florida
dc426 Offline
gotta keep'm separated
dc426  Offline
gotta keep'm separated

Tampa Florida
Hey, did you wire a "cut off switch"? Or is it active all the time?

Re: Mounted my alt [Re: Quicktree] #578330
01/10/10 07:29 PM
01/10/10 07:29 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

One wire altenator questions....

Do you only have ONE wire? I think the "Mad" site (or whoever it is- I'm sure somebody will chime in) is adamant about running more than just one wire on the "one wire" alternators, the way the internal regulator reacts or something.
I bought a 200 amp 1 wire alternator and THEN read the stuff about 1 wire alternators, just wondering if you had read the same stuff or not...?

The install looks good!

yes I only have one wire 200 anp dang what are trying to power the space shuttle I have a race car not a moble factory. I know what mad says and don't really care. they work for a race car and thats good enough for me

My car has electronic stuff galore, dual fans, PW, EFI, stereo, lots of grah-bage.
If YOUUUU aren't worried about the MAD site, I ain't gonna worry about it either!

One of us burns, we both burn!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: Mounted my alt [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #578331
01/10/10 07:59 PM
01/10/10 07:59 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you only have ONE wire? I think the "Mad" site (or whoever it is- I'm sure somebody will chime in) is adamant about running more than just one wire on the "one wire" alternators, the way the internal regulator reacts or something.
I bought a 200 amp 1 wire alternator and THEN read the stuff about 1 wire alternators, just wondering if you had read the same stuff or not...?

The install looks good!

yes I only have one wire 200 anp dang what are trying to power the space shuttle I have a race car not a moble factory. I know what mad says and don't really care. they work for a race car and thats good enough for me

My car has electronic stuff galore, dual fans, PW, EFI, stereo, lots of grah-bage.
If YOUUUU aren't worried about the MAD site, I ain't gonna worry about it either!

if yours is street driven you may want to re-think that.

Re: Mounted my alt [Re: dc426] #578332
01/10/10 08:01 PM
01/10/10 08:01 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Hey, did you wire a "cut off switch"? Or is it active all the time?

all the time, I am a bracket racer we tried Woody's with and without the belt on. made no difference in ET back to back passes.

Re: Mounted my alt [Re: Quicktree] #578333
01/10/10 08:06 PM
01/10/10 08:06 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The install looks good!

I've already rethought it!
I'm running more than one wire on my one wire, but I didn't wanna tell YOU!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: Mounted my alt [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #578334
01/10/10 08:07 PM
01/10/10 08:07 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The install looks good!

no worry it will never make it out of the garage

Re: Mounted my alt [Re: Quicktree] #578335
01/10/10 08:11 PM
01/10/10 08:11 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The install looks good!

no worry it will never make it out of the garage

I would have to burn the Jensen to get it out....

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: Mounted my alt [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #578336
01/10/10 08:13 PM
01/10/10 08:13 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

you should have burned that fish bowl a long time ago

Re: Mounted my alt [Re: Quicktree] #578337
01/11/10 01:21 PM
01/11/10 01:21 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Looks good Quick............you don`t even wanna see my set up.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2