01/08/10 08:34 PM
01/08/10 08:34 PM
west palm beach, florida
modelmakerinc Offline OP
top fuel
modelmakerinc  Offline OP
top fuel

west palm beach, florida
I was only curious as to what the different SFI cage specs are for my general knowledge and cant seem to find them without having to order and buy them.

Do you guys have them available on a pdf or adobe type file. I want to knoe mostly about 25.5 cages using a full bodied car to start with others would be welcome too Thanks.

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com
Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: modelmakerinc] #576927
01/08/10 09:36 PM
01/08/10 09:36 PM
Oregon
sg66mopar Offline
pro stock
sg66mopar  Offline
pro stock

Oregon
Yeah dude, you need to figure out which spec you need and purchase it. Copywrite protection and all that> Besides, it's nice to have the real deal in your hand.

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: sg66mopar] #576928
01/09/10 05:05 PM
01/09/10 05:05 PM
west palm beach, florida
modelmakerinc Offline OP
top fuel
top fuel

west palm beach, florida
well SG66 Like I said, I want it for general knowledge not because I am building a car to meet the spec. but thanks.

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com
Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: modelmakerinc] #576929
01/09/10 05:53 PM
01/09/10 05:53 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

only way you will get them is to know somebody local and borrow them. or buy them, doesn't matter what you need them for.

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: Quicktree] #576930
01/09/10 06:52 PM
01/09/10 06:52 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
You want someone that's paying $35 for each spec to just give them to you for free?????????? Also all the copyright laws nd such

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #576931
01/09/10 07:32 PM
01/09/10 07:32 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

You want someone that's paying $35 for each spec to just give them to you for free?????????? Also all the copyright laws nd such

I would loan him mine if he were close enough. but I am sure not going to post them on the net and get sued. not that they would get anything

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: Quicktree] #576932
01/09/10 09:02 PM
01/09/10 09:02 PM
west palm beach, florida
modelmakerinc Offline OP
top fuel
top fuel

west palm beach, florida
Quote:

For crying out loud. Are these things like some sort of dirty secret. I understand that there is a copyright but what is the hangup on people sharing. damn It would be easier to get insider trading info.

Thanks to ___________ for sending me some. (i'm keeping his name secret so the spec police doesnt chase after him)

holy crap the more I think of it the stupider it seems I not asking for naked pictures of your wife/girlfriends.

[Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]. someone explain the top secret nature of these. henry

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: modelmakerinc] #576933
01/10/10 11:50 AM
01/10/10 11:50 AM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
My opinion is this... I have to purchase them ($35 ea) so the Cars we build are to spec and pass the cert check. No one gave them to me for free... Now you come along and ask, hey anybody got $35 bucks I can have. that's how I see it.
I have showed them to people, usually customers that question chassis configs, but they have a vested interest in the use of the "Book". I have also taken the time to answer Q's from people on this and other forums about bar placement based on the SFI specs in the book(s).
Sorry, I know we are all of the Mopar brother hood and I'll help a guy out if in trouble but I don't usually go around handing out $$$ just 'cause somebody wants it.
If this makes me seem like an a$$ so be it...

'60 Willys CJ5
Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: W.I.N. Racing] #576934
01/10/10 05:46 PM
01/10/10 05:46 PM
west palm beach, florida
modelmakerinc Offline OP
top fuel
top fuel

west palm beach, florida
Quote:

My opinion is this... I have to purchase them ($35 ea) so the Cars we build are to spec and pass the cert check. No one gave them to me for free... Now you come along and ask, hey anybody got $35 bucks I can have. that's how I see it.
I have showed them to people, usually customers that question chassis configs, but they have a vested interest in the use of the "Book". I have also taken the time to answer Q's from people on this and other forums about bar placement based on the SFI specs in the book(s).
Sorry, I know we are all of the Mopar brother hood and I'll help a guy out if in trouble but I don't usually go around handing out $$$ just 'cause somebody wants it.

OK let me see. I would understand your position if I were to take business away from you after you helped me out. makes sense. However this is not the case, is it?

You say you build chassis' for people? so you already profited from your investment. the Specs are a tool are'nt they. dont go into NAPA requesting instructions for installing any part you may have or ask for part number interchanges they wont give you that info according to your position . you know their computer system surely costs more than $35

I guess you have never let anyone use a tool or maybe the Mopar book or any other book for reference, or maybe bought anyone dinner.

The SFI specs are not that important to me you know, I would'nt want YOU to give them to me anyway. Geeze

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: modelmakerinc] #576935
01/10/10 06:21 PM
01/10/10 06:21 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

Quote:

OK let me see. I would understand your position if I were to take business away from you after you helped me out. makes sense. However this is not the case, is it?

You say you build chassis' for people? so you already profited from your investment. the Specs are a tool are'nt they. dont go into NAPA requesting instructions for installing any part you may have or ask for part number interchanges they wont give you that info according to your position . you know their computer system surely costs more than $35

I guess you have never let anyone use a tool or maybe the Mopar book or any other book for reference, or maybe bought anyone dinner.

The SFI specs are not that important to me you know, I would'nt want YOU to give them to me anyway. Geeze

You probably shouldn't get your panties in a bunch and get snotty over this. If you are curious how spec'd cars look ask for pictures of the cars with the different specs. As for the SFI spec i and everybody else with them have purchased them and also would not share them.

The booklet is not just a few pictuers it is very informative with drawings and recomendations. It lets the chassis builder build safe cars no matter what the body style..

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: modelmakerinc] #576936
01/10/10 06:35 PM
01/10/10 06:35 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Hey, its only $35, why not buy your own then you'll
have it.... in case you want to loan it out

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: MR_P_BODY] #576937
01/10/10 08:48 PM
01/10/10 08:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"As for the SFI spec i and everybody else with them have purchased them and also would not share them."

Sounds like someone has ready proven you wrong. He got a set sent to him. I would have sent him a set too if I had a scanner. It's not like it is the Davici code.
Lighten up

Re: SFI roll cage specs. is it only available for purc [Re: modelmakerinc] #576938
01/10/10 09:10 PM
01/10/10 09:10 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
Quote:

Quote:

If this will make you feel better...If we ever meet Dinners on me!

'60 Willys CJ5