B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
"John Force altered the out come of the race period."

What, exactly, is your point? It's John's money, John's car, well, John's everything. If he wants to run good then he runs good. If he wants to let his son-in-law win then that's what he does. He decides what he wants out of racing and his team- not you, Tony P or anyone else. You "racing is sacred" guys are laughable.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: BobR] #462183
09/09/09 10:17 AM
09/09/09 10:17 AM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Bob you are right 100% on John Force owning everything including NHRA'S spine. What do you mean when you say "racing is sacred guys are laughable?" I go to a race to win and with only one car and liminted funds.You think its ok for lets say a group of racers to throw races so one of their own that may need a point or two to get into the top 10 for the year will win the race? That is BS.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: BobR] #462184
09/09/09 10:34 AM
09/09/09 10:34 AM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

"John Force altered the out come of the race period."

What, exactly, is your point? It's John's money, John's car, well, John's everything. If he wants to run good then he runs good. If he wants to let his son-in-law win then that's what he does. He decides what he wants out of racing and his team- not you, Tony P or anyone else. You "racing is sacred" guys are laughable.

there is nothing sacred about racing. THE SPIRIT OF COMPETITION is what is sacred. there are too many "winners" nowadays. what a joke this whole thing is.

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: B G Racing] #462185
09/09/09 10:40 AM
09/09/09 10:40 AM
Moved to N.E. Tennessee
GomangoCuda Offline
master
GomangoCuda  Offline
master

Moved to N.E. Tennessee
I was in the stands near the starting line. I was surrounded by both John Force fans and John Force Haters. I am sure that some were also Pedragon fans. Everyone knew John was going to loose and why. My wife said that John would probably redlight and I said "no, he'll set the clutch to tight so that he can fight the car all over the track because his fans love that almost as much as winning". When it happened, I didn't hear anybody around me complaining about cheating or anything. Everyone expected and was OK with the outcome. What's the difference between them and this thread? They didn't have the benefit of seeing ESPN persistantly stir the pot, that's what!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: slippery440] #462186
09/09/09 11:01 AM
09/09/09 11:01 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

I can't count the times that Curt and myself meet in the late rounds and finals and would bump shoulders in the lanes to decide who would win the round.Most of the the time I would give the nod and wink to Curt.Those were some of the proudest moments a father could experience.Even today it's not unusual for members of BGR to help other members.I always tell the crew and friends if they want another time trial line up with me,I'am not there for the win or money,I just want to be the "show".Like John Force,I have nothing to prove,after 40+ years(but on a much,much smaller scale than John)but the same game.Let the team and the new kids have a turn and experience what we had a life time of.Heck ask Lonnie what I told him in the lanes at PRP,"use this run for your advantage,I'am not looking for a win,I just want to see the blue sky" John Force did what any savy team owner and proud father would do.He had a planned strategy and executed the plan successfully.Again to John Force and to Tony P aka crybaby

John Force altered the out come of the race period.He did it for the sponsors on the car.Was it fair? Heck no!!Robert Height should be given a Emy(?) for his after race interview.What a joke.
As far as you saying that you do the same thing for your kid? Well thats a great way to teach someone the way to earn the respect of the other racers. All those good racers that show up with one car and no one to watch their backs that earn every win and you will throw a race so your kid will get the all the glory.Your kid is a winner because you altered the race just like Force. I call it cheating.I will keep your post and I bet there will be a day that someday someone will lay down and let someone in their team win and you or one of your team will be on the other side of this and then you will jump on here and cry about it.

Been on the other side many of time.I don't live or die for racing and 99.9% of us will never get rich or even cover our cost.That we enjoy the sport and most of the great people we meet at the events is most important to us.At BGR it's a family atmosphere and the fact that that we can attend have fun and return home safe is our goal and If any of our races win , that's like having icing on cake.We have many great racers in the BGR family and not a whiner or crybaby in the bunch.You can keep my quote for the rest of your life and it won't change a thing.Hope that you can become as great as John Force someday,and I will humble myself to your achievments

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: B G Racing] #462187
09/09/09 11:26 AM
09/09/09 11:26 AM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan
Here is my take..

Did Force break any rules...no

Does NHRA allow multiple car teams to compete in the same eliminator?? yes

Did Pedregon know all this.....yes

Force did what i would do if say i had made the bracket finals team and my kid needed another round win to make it in, i would let him win also if we had to race each other, i wouldnt go out of my way to pull up next to my kid and give him one, but if the chips fell that way, darn right i would help him...know why..cause i legally could

Force didnt set the pairings, they were decided on time runs.

As far as i am concerned, Pedregon is a poor sport for whining about it after the fact.

He should learn something from me..if you dont like how something is ran, complain about it before the fact, not after you have decided to play and know the rules, and cant do anything about them
If you decide to play, shut up and play

Best case scenario is to not allow teams/cars to share info, and have it be all single teams, but no way things are going to go backwards and have that ever happen...too much big money involved.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: B G Racing] #462188
09/09/09 11:40 AM
09/09/09 11:40 AM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Bob I will never be as good as John Force or have the money he has and well he deserves.He will always be one or the Hall of Fame Racers no matter what he dose. He has earned that over the decades of being cheated out of races.Now he is on top and he is doing the cheating.Force was always the little guy racer that everyone beat up.Thats way I'am a fan of his.Now I'am just sad to see him do the same thing.
I'am bored and waiting to go to work.So I have a question for you. You have a great buisness. Now you are at a track and your son and a coustumer are battleing for number ten spot.You have a chance to let your son win a round to get him into the finals.Your coustumer has the track champ to race.Now your coustumer knows by your own statement that you will throw a race for your son.Do you think he will understand?

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: slippery440] #462189
09/09/09 11:53 AM
09/09/09 11:53 AM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline
master

Rock Springs
I agree, many would do it for family here, if they say NOT they are simply liars. He shouldnt hae made it look so obvious though. He should have cut a good light then drove it to the wall LOL...

What would it have changed so much? Ashley facing her dad in the final would be it.
I give credit to Ashley, lots of guys on here said she could never do it, and she has no talent.
Well she has proven in my book to by right up there, ans showed one of the Best the road to the trailer.
Kudo's for Ashley...I envy her husband

BTW
Did you catch the expression on Roberts face right after he got out of the car...
He didnt look like a guy who just made the count down, he showed no signs of happiness. He said "I cant believe we did it"....What was he talking about?
He knew and was expecting criticism.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Bob_Coomer] #462190
09/09/09 12:16 PM
09/09/09 12:16 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

I agree, many would do it for family here, if they say NOT they are simply liars.

i wouldn't do it for my family, and i don't want them to do it for me, and, as an added bonus... i'm not a liar! pretty weird, huh? and if my son did something illegal, i'd call the cops! bizarre!

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: slippery440] #462191
09/09/09 12:24 PM
09/09/09 12:24 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Bob I will never be as good as John Force or have the money he has and well he deserves.He will always be one or the Hall of Fame Racers no matter what he dose. He has earned that over the decades of being cheated out of races.Now he is on top and he is doing the cheating.Force was always the little guy racer that everyone beat up.Thats way I'am a fan of his.Now I'am just sad to see him do the same thing.
I'am bored and waiting to go to work.So I have a question for you. You have a great buisness. Now you are at a track and your son and a coustumer are battleing for number ten spot.You have a chance to let your son win a round to get him into the finals.Your coustumer has the track champ to race.Now your coustumer knows by your own statement that you will throw a race for your son.Do you think he will understand?

First of all,lets set the record straight.The BGR family was a group of racers created and organized by my late son Curt.Our"customers" do not exist.They may have at one time(however shortly) they become our friends and our friends became our family,hence"BGR"I personally have never made a decision that effected anyone or any race that the outcome debliberately effected anyone other than myself.I have on many occasions have helped a racer(whom I didn't know) and they have gone on and beat some of our cars at events.The Smiths and many others here will varify that as fact.Years ago a Hemi racer(Boyd Peck)had problems with his carbs.I help him sort it out and he beat Curt in the final.Was I upset?No,and Boyd and I remain friends some 20+ years later.Mostly today,and it happens quite frequently(since we have so many cars in different classes)we let the drivers sort out their situations.We have had many of our cars race each other in the final,recently AJ Casini and Donny Martik shook hands in the lanes and raced their race,congradulated each other at the end of the night and all went home safe.Maybe if I ever get to be as great as John Force I might be put in the position where I have to make a call that might piss some one off.We can only wish to rise to that position in the sport.Since I'am near my zenith of my life and career I'll let the our racers make their own calls and if Curt was still with me,I would piss under his opponants slicks,just to give him one more win.Trying to demean me for not seeing it your way is a waste of mine and your time.I respect John Froce for the man he is and what he has done for the sport.Oboviously you don't know me or anything about me.I hope you have many successful events in your life and people will look up to you with admiration and respect.Don't pass judgement on me for my expressing my opinion until you can say that you know me

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: GomangoCuda] #462192
09/09/09 12:29 PM
09/09/09 12:29 PM
Backwater, PA
B
bwdst6 Offline
Bob George Racing #1 Fan
bwdst6  Offline
Bob George Racing #1 Fan
B

Backwater, PA
Quote:

What's the difference between them and this thread? They didn't have the benefit of seeing ESPN persistantly stir the pot, that's what!

Let me see if I have the blame game straight here... In this thread alone we have seen the following indicted from one round of one race.

John Force - for taking a dive, owning a large team and generally being the darling of the profession drag racing world
Robert Height - for not getting the job done himself
Tony Pedregon - for whining
Cruz Pedregon - for not winning more races
NHRA - for bringing about the countdown to 1 thing, ruining the purity of the sport, letting it become big business, allowing teams to form as well as other sins against humanity
NASCAR - for coming up with that countdown to 1 thing
WWE - for being the WWE
ESPN - for fueling the controversy

Am I missing anyone?

This post is available in double vision where drunk.
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: bwdst6] #462193
09/09/09 12:57 PM
09/09/09 12:57 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Michael,you missed Ashley Forse Hood for being such a hottie.I'am sure she had someting to do with it.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: slippery440] #462194
09/09/09 01:00 PM
09/09/09 01:00 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Bob you are right 100% on John Force owning everything including NHRA'S spine. What do you mean when you say "racing is sacred guys are laughable?" I go to a race to win and with only one car and liminted funds.You think its ok for lets say a group of racers to throw races so one of their own that may need a point or two to get into the top 10 for the year will win the race? That is BS.

I am assuming that you don't feed your family or pay your mortgage with racing proceeds and until you are involved with the corporate aspect of it your opinion doesn't mean much to me.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: B G Racing] #462195
09/09/09 01:26 PM
09/09/09 01:26 PM
Backwater, PA
B
bwdst6 Offline
Bob George Racing #1 Fan
bwdst6  Offline
Bob George Racing #1 Fan
B

Backwater, PA
Quote:

Michael,you missed Ashley Forse Hood for being such a hottie.I'am sure she had someting to do with it.

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are.

This post is available in double vision where drunk.
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: BobR] #462196
09/09/09 01:43 PM
09/09/09 01:43 PM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Quote:

Quote:

I am assuming that you don't feed your family or pay your mortgage with racing proceeds and until you are involved with the corporate aspect of it your opinion doesn't mean much to me.

Most of the time its no money to race.There are friends of mine that race every weekend and take pride for every round they win.For anyone with a group that at the end of the year race that could alter the points standing by laying down is wrong. Thats all I am saying.Most everyone that races knows that its for the pride more than money.Alittle opinion is better than none. If you tell a little lie are you a lier. If you alter the out come of a race are you a cheater?If you cheat a little racing will you cheat elsewhere?

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: bwdst6] #462197
09/09/09 02:03 PM
09/09/09 02:03 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are.

40 years ago I was an optimist,today I'am a pessimist cause I think all women are evil

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: B G Racing] #462198
09/09/09 02:11 PM
09/09/09 02:11 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Well hopefully some day the old saying holds true.."what comes around goes around" and someone else tanks a race knocking Force or one of his cars out,lets see what he thinks then

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: slippery440] #462199
09/09/09 02:19 PM
09/09/09 02:19 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Most of the time its no money to race.There are friends of mine that race every weekend and take pride for every round they win.For anyone with a group that at the end of the year race that could alter the points standing by laying down is wrong. Thats all I am saying.Most everyone that races knows that its for the pride more than money.Alittle opinion is better than none. If you tell a little lie are you a lier. If you alter the out come of a race are you a cheater?If you cheat a little racing will you cheat elsewhere?

Well I certainly can't speak for all the selfrightous,hollier than thou,pious,above reproach,self proclaimed saviours. Since I've been deem a lier and cheater,I'll let them cast the first stone.The term "hypocrite" certainly can be applied here.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... #462200
09/09/09 02:35 PM
09/09/09 02:35 PM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
What transpired has been standard procedure since day one, not believing it is only nievity.
teams help each other in every way possible, as business model should demand. totally acceptable.

the surprize was hearing one of the elite call another a cheater, on live air.
he would tasted knuckles after all effort i'd put in over the years

keep that crap behind the scenes.
they all been in the game long enough to know and understand whats going on.

what pains me more is the amount of time given tony stewart during prostock.
Not one word about morgan and prostock in background.
nhra allow espn to do that? no respect of drag fans there.
POOR prostock coverage.

Think nhra cares what anybody thinks?
Really surprized at dunns comments also.
page on other hand is still as big a flaming idiot as 1st day on air

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: theclutcher] #462201
09/09/09 02:44 PM
09/09/09 02:44 PM
DFW
M
mr_340 Offline
master
mr_340  Offline
master
M

DFW
POOR Pro Stock coverage has been going on for quite a while. Usually the just show highlights of round one in PS. They seem to cover PS Bike pretty well. I don't know why since they don't use nitro either?

It's raining, so let's go talk to a nitro driver rather than show any sportsman coverage from a previous day. It's all about the NITRO!

Floyd Lippencott IV
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11