09/08/09 09:07 PM
09/08/09 09:07 PM
Southwestern Ontario Canada
racealittle Offline
pro stock
racealittle  Offline
pro stock

Southwestern Ontario Canada
Shifting an automatic manually is fine most of the time. However, I have noticed that many of the newer cars are electronically controlled and some have the autostick feature.

The auto stick feature is a nice feature, but not really required because the engineers have things figured out electronically. Most of the newer cars have shift points at WOT that most of our older muscle cars never even came close to. So a few of us decide to tune a transmission to match the optimum shift point for the combination we have built, (just like the engineers are doing in modern cars). I can't understand why there would be nay sayers that think the only way to do something is "their way". To each his own. After I have tuned the carb, my timing, my motor, etc., the nay sayers suggest it must be only shifted manually.

What was I thinking? Or do the nay sayers have their heads in the sand like an ostrich. I'm not looking to pick a fight, but I just don't understand why the right to have choice is so readily put down by a few who prefer to manually shift. I manually shift when I feel like it, and let the car do the job it is tuned to do the rest of the time.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!
Re: How to get trans to shift at a higher rpm? [Re: racealittle] #461006
09/09/09 03:16 PM
09/09/09 03:16 PM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
Quote:

I'm not looking to pick a fight, but I just don't understand why the right to have choice is so readily put down by a few who prefer to manually shift.

I think you're being a little over-sensitive, nobody is being "put down" for their choice...the comment was made that shifting manually doesn't require a governor change.

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway
Page 2 of 2 1 2