10/23/03 09:04 PM
10/23/03 09:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant agree with the statement that this has to be a mustang/firebird/camaro dominated event. Sanctioned classes have made it so those cars can accel in certain classes, but why couldnt a nitroused Mopar do the same thing a supercharged 'stang or F-body does? Theres no reason at all, just not as much interest in that type of class by the Mopar camp I guess. No big deal.

David, you'll have my app. just as soon as I can write something good enough to sell my car into the competition. About the only thing I NEED to do is fix my horn, but I'll be more prepared than I am now come May 1st.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Freiburger] #4063
10/24/03 08:40 AM
10/24/03 08:40 AM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Read the string and you will see that HOT ROD editors are picking competitors to ensure a broad mix of cars. If it becomes a Camaro/Mustang event with a few Corvettes and Vipers, that will only be because Mopar guys choke and don't enter anything worthy. Don't let that happen. As of this morning, I have three Chevy applications (two Chevelles and a '69 Nova) and one Fox Mustang.

As to the comment about street cars not having rollcages and parachutes, two things: 1) There's no way to run any drag race a any track and ignore NHRA rules. 2) I guess you've never been to a street race in Chicago or Detroit.

Where's the Haze entry?

DF

You should be receiving the entry form for a black 68 Hemi Charger as soon as the pictures are ready.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Freiburger] #4064
10/24/03 09:12 AM
10/24/03 09:12 AM
in a chair
mopartony Offline
master
mopartony  Offline
master

in a chair
Quote:

As to the comment about street cars not having rollcages and parachutes, two things: 1) There's no way to run any drag race a any track and ignore NHRA rules. 2) I guess you've never been to a street race in Chicago or Detroit.

Henry,

I am not picking on yuo nor flaming just trying to shine some light into the tunnel. I will say this there are tons of fast cars here in Detroit. I can also, with confidence state there are some fast cars in Chi-town. I watched a street race between Mike Moran and some guy on what appeared to be a Pro-stock style bike back in the mid 80's. Moran dragged the back bumper as he went through an intersection, not because the car rode low but because the fronts were hanging. There is a 5 window coupe that runs 8.60's and usually runs about 3/8's of a mile as he goes down the strip. Also I know my buddy drove his 6.67@210mph Camaro on the street this summer. Now all of the above mentioned cars are NHRA legal. Now to the class racing stuff. There is some truth in the staement about it being a Mustang and Chevy show. But let's face it, Ma Mopar is just getting on board and the after market guys are too. The rules are catered to the Ford and Chevy guys. Then if a Mopar does win and win consistantly they are penalized. Case and point is Greg Lagore(sp) in Real Street. Win 2 years in a row and EVERY Mopar has to be 200lbs heavier. Oh that is fair, NOT!!! But if you want to play, you play by their rules. Lastly, both cars in my sig are street legal, plated and insured.

DF, thanks for looking out for us. I am going to look into getting something together for this.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: mopartony] #4065
10/25/03 07:59 PM
10/25/03 07:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just had a crazy idea which certainly would add an interesting twist to the competition...

What is one thing that every STREET car has or should have?

An air cleaner!

What if every competitor was required to cruise & race with a street type air filter in place? Since a high HP might see a restriction of the air cleaner, this rule may tighten up the spread of ET's and somewhat limit how fast the quickest cars can really go.

The rule could state that a round size of say 14" diameter by say 4" high is the max size (no K&N filter lids). If a car is fuel injected with a factory style air box or aftermarket ram air, a filter with the same square inches of filter material could be used. And of course, tech would have to ensure that the filters were tightly sealed to the carb/air inlet with no air bypass holes.

Kinda a silly idea, but sure would make it a tuners race (obviously have to be tuned in before showing up) and the highest powered car would have it's hands full tuning with limited air flow input.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Prostock] #4066
10/26/03 10:00 PM
10/26/03 10:00 PM
Rust Belt, SW PA
Silver70 Offline
I Live Here
Silver70  Offline
I Live Here

Rust Belt, SW PA
Quote:

You should be receiving the entry form for a black 68 Hemi Charger as soon as the pictures are ready.

Sweet!!! I don't know what it runs now, but it should be competitive! I know its a true street car, I've seen it on the road!

68 Road Runner, 69 Belvedere, 71 Challenger Vert
340 barracuda, 01 Ram CTD, 95 Ram, 04 Ram, 85 Daytona turbo Z
66 GTO, 06 Magnum RT AWD. 07 Ram CTD, 07 Ram
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Silver70] #4067
10/27/03 05:08 PM
10/27/03 05:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DF,

Has there been any thought given to nitrous enrichment? I know many nitrous racers who have a separate fuel tank/cell for the nitrous system which typically has a higher octane race fuel in it. Is this going to be allowed or are these auxilary tanks gonna be required to run the same 93 octane fuel as well?

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: gregsdart] #4068
10/27/03 10:11 PM
10/27/03 10:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IS anybody from this board invited to this event yet????

ricky

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4069
10/29/03 04:25 PM
10/29/03 04:25 PM
Los Angeles, CA
F
Freiburger Offline OP
mopar
Freiburger  Offline OP
mopar
F

Los Angeles, CA
We have not a single Mopar entry so far--still just Chevys and Fox Mustangs. What's the deal?

DF

Facebook.com/DavidFreiburger 70 Super Bee - 68 Charger - 68 Dart 75 Gremmie and 20-plus other junkers
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8