10/07/03 08:37 AM
10/07/03 08:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant wait to see the BIG Haze layeth the smack down on some weenie in a Mustang!! Yee haa!!!! I hope you get selected Haze!!

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4023
10/07/03 10:17 PM
10/07/03 10:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is great. If I were making the rules I would have a power adder and normally asparated street car catagory. The power adder will always win the quckest ET. I would want the cars to drive in 5 minutes of stop and go traffic and 30-40 miles to the track. Heres the trouble this rules out the wicked true street that are normally aspirated like unlawfuls and others on this board. I have a challenge for you I will drive my car from Denver Colorado to anywhere in the country and click off some very low 11s at sea level in a 3750 pound car with a 355 gear and drive it back home . You see thats probably not good enough LOL

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4024
10/08/03 10:15 AM
10/08/03 10:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know, the funny thing is...we will drive from Sacramento, CA to anywhere YOU want (your paying for gas ) and then click off some high to mid 8's on pump, or low 8's to high 7's on our racing fuel setup.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4025
10/08/03 06:03 PM
10/08/03 06:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

This is great. If I were making the rules I would have a power adder and normally asparated street car catagory. The power adder will always win the quckest ET. I would want the cars to drive in 5 minutes of stop and go traffic and 30-40 miles to the track. Heres the trouble this rules out the wicked true street that are normally aspirated like unlawfuls and others on this board. I have a challenge for you I will drive my car from Denver Colorado to anywhere in the country and click off some very low 11s at sea level in a 3750 pound car with a 355 gear and drive it back home . You see thats probably not good enough LOL

Flip, not following you here. Are you saying that a traffic jam and 30-40 miles will take its toll on my car? My car has ABSOLUTELY zero limits as far as how far I can go or what traffic I can sit in. Theres only one reason I own a car trailer and thats to avoid the headache if I should break something at the dragstrip. I've done the 4.5 hour drive to the Nationals at 3500 rpm's all the way.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4026
10/08/03 11:34 PM
10/08/03 11:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the power adders will always get the quickest ET. This means that cars like yours cant compete if THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THE QUICKEST ET. wicked street cars like yours real street cars couldnt compete . I was paying you a compliment. Dont get defensive with me when im trying to compliment the fact that your car is normally aspirated and at the power levels that it is.
Haze thats killer that you guys can drive any where in the country and click off those times my point was normally aspirated will always be slower. My Cannonball Run statement was meant to say that I may not be the quickest but I will drive the distance.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4027
10/08/03 11:38 PM
10/08/03 11:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see how you would have misunderstood that UNLAWFUL if you re read my post you might understand what I was trying to say.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4028
10/09/03 06:36 AM
10/09/03 06:36 AM
Finalnd, Perkele
J
jyrki Offline
master
jyrki  Offline
master
J

Finalnd, Perkele
I would drive there from where I am. The only problem is the low ground clearance which prevents me from crossing the bond.

Plynouth VIP '67 TT IC EFI
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4029
10/09/03 08:57 AM
10/09/03 08:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I see how you would have misunderstood that UNLAWFUL if you re read my post you might understand what I was trying to say.

Yeah, I see that now. A few carefully placed commas would have made it an easier read. Anyway, all is good and I was'nt trying to get defensive. Thanks for the nice compliment! In all actuality there will still be plenty of naturally aspirated cars to make me look like a pea-shooter. I like the naturally aspirated and power adder class deal. I'd REALLY like to show up with a 570 Wedge done up just like mine only bigger ofcourse. I cant wait for the Mustang guys to get a load of the Haze. It'll do everything they do only several hundred pounds heavier.

Last edited by Unlawfl; 10/09/03 09:04 AM.
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4030
10/09/03 05:42 PM
10/09/03 05:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This will be a cool race no doubt. Expect some well scienced out cars to be in attendance. Cars who have already ran a similar format in the Pro "True Street" or the similar Fun Ford class will be tough to beat. I know the blown Monza that runs the Pro series is a consistent high 8 sec performer and can do it back to back.Jon Phillips who works for Nitrous Express, also has a seriously quick nitroused small block Z car that he runs in these type events. I think he won this same type deal at last years Bristol Bash with a 9.20 or 9.30 average. That is the sticking point, a 7sec ride is no good if it won't do it three times in a row.

And the only thing I have to say for the "Haze" crew is get out and start testing, so that you guys can do the Mopar brand proud.

Monte Smith

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 10/09/03 05:50 PM.
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4031
10/09/03 06:11 PM
10/09/03 06:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monte, good to hear from you! Long time man.

All I can say is that I cant wait for some of the new technology to get up and running with the Mopar stuff. With the new Procharger becoming available, I often find myself daydreaming about what a 3500 lb. Mopar with 540 cubes and a Procharger with a good season of tuning could do. Throw the Haze's power into a smaller Duster or Dart and the playing field is instantly leveled. This is still new and unorthodox to the Mopar faithful but when it takes off, look out!

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Freiburger] #4032
10/09/03 06:40 PM
10/09/03 06:40 PM
Los Angeles, CA
F
Freiburger Offline OP
mopar
Freiburger  Offline OP
mopar
F

Los Angeles, CA
There's been strong lobbying for the inclusion of a closed-hood rule. In other words, you've gotta race it at the track in the same configuration that it was driven on the cruise. Same tuneup, same blower pulley, same valvesprings, all that. I'm leaning toward it. What do you think?

DF

Facebook.com/DavidFreiburger 70 Super Bee - 68 Charger - 68 Dart 75 Gremmie and 20-plus other junkers
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4033
10/09/03 06:50 PM
10/09/03 06:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you would put the smack down on some poeple who are normally aspirated UNLAWFUL. Cars that CAN sit in traffic in 100 degree heat and be able to be driven anywhere. At my elevation my car is considered pretty quick for a streeter. At 7500-9000 ft of corrected elevation one can get suicidal

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4034
10/09/03 07:34 PM
10/09/03 07:34 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

I think the closed hood is a great idea!!

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4035
10/09/03 07:59 PM
10/09/03 07:59 PM
Nevada
D
dezduster Offline
pro stock
dezduster  Offline
pro stock
D

Nevada
I dont think 30 miles is far enough say 130 miles open freeway 70 + mph lag behind need to refuel DQ. But thats probly considered pro touring to these guys.
Great event the pump gas thing. I guess Im jelous I wouldnt stand a snowballs chance in hades even with my rules.
to the winner and participants no not the one finger wave just a friendly salute.
It will be the best reading in HR in a some time.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Freiburger] #4036
10/09/03 10:34 PM
10/09/03 10:34 PM
A tad North of Indy
B
Blown71X Offline
super gas
Blown71X  Offline
super gas
B

A tad North of Indy
Quote:

There's been strong lobbying for the inclusion of a closed-hood rule. In other words, you've gotta race it at the track in the same configuration that it was driven on the cruise. Same tuneup, same blower pulley, same valvesprings, all that. I'm leaning toward it. What do you think?

DF

Dave
I`m all for that!!

Blown71X V2.0 under construction 71 Cuda 383 4-SPD (maybe for sale) 2010 Challenger B5 Classic
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4037
10/10/03 12:20 AM
10/10/03 12:20 AM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
Quote:

Monte, good to hear from you! Long time man.

Ditto. Glad to see ya' popping in.

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Freiburger] #4038
10/10/03 03:05 PM
10/10/03 03:05 PM
Phoenix
J
johnnyB Offline
super street
johnnyB  Offline
super street
J

Phoenix

Hi Dave,

I'm thrilled that you are spearheading this type of event. It's such a good idea and I think it will go over well.

Maybe someday in the future this can be expanded out west ( Phoenix ) ?
If so, I think there are a number of folks on this board and in this area that would be willing to do his or her small part in helping if needed. You can bet I will, as a contact for UTI's Hot Rod U program or with Hot Teams Racing ( www.outrunU.com ) or as just another die hard Mopar racer.

For what it's worth....
I support the 'closed hood' rule.
I also second the Haze as a prime candidate
I support the import inclusion ( I think it will add a bit of spice to the write ups on this whole event )
I support world peace, homeless shel........ oops!

Thanks Dave.

john

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: johnnyB] #4039
10/10/03 03:20 PM
10/10/03 03:20 PM
Las Vegas, NV---Back Home!
Mooosman Offline
super gas
Mooosman  Offline
super gas

Las Vegas, NV---Back Home!
I would like to donate to the Haze's fuel fund, to support the Mopar brand.

Would $50 be okay??

Thanks

Nick,
Would like to see a Mopar finish first in Hot Rod.

1970 Plymouth Valiant
Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags [Re: Freiburger] #4040
10/10/03 10:12 PM
10/10/03 10:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

DF

Oh, absolutely David. In fact, I just assumed it would be done like this. If the contest is geared as a "street car" shootout, the cars should be ready to go JUST AS they may be sitting at a red light on the boulevard. If you need me to send you some evidence tape for the hood and trunk that will break if you try to peel it off, let me know.

Flip, I would imagine that if the playing field was leveled (stock cubes, pump gas, no power adders, through the mufflers) I could compete. Yep, I'd like to see you run at 1000 ft. with that car!

Re: Announcing the HOT ROD Magazine Pump-Gas Drags #4041
10/11/03 08:57 AM
10/11/03 08:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

DF

Oh, absolutely David. In fact, I just assumed it would be done like this. If the contest is geared as a "street car" shootout, the cars should be ready to go JUST AS they may be sitting at a red light on the boulevard. If you need me to send you some evidence tape for the hood and trunk that will break if you try to peel it off, let me know.

Flip, I would imagine that if the playing field was leveled (stock cubes, pump gas, no power adders, through the mufflers) I could compete. Yep, I'd like to see you run at 1000 ft. with that car!

That means if you are going to spray, you'd better have a remote bottle opener. It's illegal in many places to drive on the road with a bottle valve open.

edit: then again, if you have the right set up, it could be mounted inside the car...

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8