T
TJP Offline OP
I Live Here
TJP  Offline OP
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
new to this forum but not the site wink
just bought a 2014 Ram 1/2 ton with 63k miles and have a couple of questions I'm sure there will be more but thought I would start with these.
1. the headlights are not as bright as i am accustomed to. The lenses are clear but appear to have a light film on the inside. Watched a few videos on different ways to appraoch the issue(s) but thought it best to ask here first.
a. Is it better to replace the entire assembly or
b. Try to take them apart and clean them?
c. If replacing, recommended sources?
c. Replace the bulbs with LED's
d. again recommended source
e. any issues with doing so? Not so concerned with T/S just the head lights

2. Bottom drivers seat cover is in great condition but would like to have a replacement ready, or to install & save the existing one from additional wear. I see quite a few offerings on line BUT ???? I'm not opposed to doing the upper as well if needed. Would prefer not to do the passenger seat as it's pristine wink Are there any Experiences/recommendations on sources that will match or be real close?

3. Wondering what the thing is at the top of the pic in the RED box?

TIA beer

RAM LINCOLN.jpg
Re: just bought a 2014 Ram and questions?? [Re: TJP] #3260675
09/28/24 08:42 PM
09/28/24 08:42 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Amazon has replacement pairs of headlight assemblies for around $110. Add Philips X-treme vision Plus 130% bulbs and you can see way better than stock. Or keep the headlight assys you have and just upgrade the bulbs to begin with. up This only works if you don't have projector headlights.

Re: just bought a 2014 Ram and questions?? [Re: TJP] #3260677
09/28/24 08:44 PM
09/28/24 08:44 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Headlights were “ok” in my 17, but I upgraded both bulbs to LED from https://dieselleds.com/ Tried a couple lesser $ LED bulbs off Amazon but sent them back. I’d already gotten the diesel leds backup bulbs and they were great, so I decided to give their headlights a whirl. Very satisfied. If the lenses are cloudy I’ve always just replaced them.

Seats: I’ve put two lower cushions on from https://www.theseatshop.com/pages/d...koPTmiAMVpg2tBh2hDCFIEAAYASAAEgLvGPD_BwE That customers supplied. They were both a very quality product and matched quite well.

Round cylinder thingy….. hard to see in picture but looks like some sort of weight to offset some frequency to reduce nvh.