NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Originally Posted by Twostick
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Originally Posted by Sniper
[quote=Sniper]It replaces the stock tailshaft housing with their own adapter then uses a coupler to hook the stock tailshaft to the GV box input.

They have a kit for the short tailshaft setup.

Right they have a short one but you use their transmission output shaft. Unless you cut the threads off? Picture looks like a different output.

That's the 4x4 trans kit

Uses 4×4 output shaft and housing.

https://www.gearvendors.com/product/automatic-3-speed-shorty/

This is the 2wd short tailhousing kit

https://www.gearvendors.com/product/automatic-3-speed-727-8-gas-tailhousing/

[Linked Image]

I know all that. My point is the transmission the poster has shown with the bolt on Yoke is not compatible with the GV as the output shaft has the threads on the end. The rest of the transmission is ok but you have to use a later non divorced transmission output shaft.

I haven't actually had my hands on one but they do sell a "shorty" kit. If they don't require cutting the threads off, it would be pretty simple for them to make the coupler longer to accommodate the threads as well as a longer adapter housing.

This assumes that the spline length plus the thread length is longer on a motorhome trans than the spline length on a car trans is.

If both output shafts start out with the same spline length and they just turn down an inch for threads on the motorhome shaft, then the same coupler serves both applications and no extra length requirements for the adapter housing is needed.

Kevin [/quote]
The picture they show does not have threads. If the spline count and length are correct I suppose you could bob the threads off. Its just odd they show an output shaft picture in that kit but no output shaft in the others.

727SS_Flat-lgxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
Re: What’s this 727 go to? [Re: NITROUSN] #3139937
04/22/23 11:16 AM
04/22/23 11:16 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere

The picture they show does not have threads. If the spline count and length are correct I suppose you could bob the threads off. Its just odd they show an output shaft picture in that kit but no output shaft in the others.

Yeah, if they had their instructions online we could sort it out easily.

Re: What’s this 727 go to? [Re: Sniper] #3139939
04/22/23 11:18 AM
04/22/23 11:18 AM
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

Originally Posted by Sniper

Yeah, if they had their instructions online we could sort it out easily.

The web site is pretty lame. When they show an output shaft in the kit one would assume you need to use that output shaft.

Last edited by NITROUSN; 04/22/23 11:20 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2