04/17/23 04:58 PM
04/17/23 04:58 PM
Indiana
Gabby63 Offline
enthusiast
Gabby63  Offline
enthusiast

Indiana
As stated if you know what size & length you need you have to go through ARP catalog . I did use stainless sheet for brackets & such . Still looking for a different inside throttle pivot that will work with original pedal . Also need a 25 - 26" stock throttle cable , Or the the cable end . Gary

Re: Road Runner updates [Re: Gabby63] #3138875
04/17/23 09:58 PM
04/17/23 09:58 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Originally Posted by Gabby63
As stated if you know what size & length you need you have to go through ARP catalog . I did use stainless sheet for brackets & such . Still looking for a different inside throttle pivot that will work with original pedal . Also need a 25 - 26" stock throttle cable , Or the the cable end . Gary

You can use the stock pedal. The trick with the aftermarket cables is to trim the barrel and use a thin nut. That way the pedal is higher with the throttle closed. Look at the top of the 1st pic. Thats the original nut and portion of the barrel that was removed. The brass bushing replaces the rubber. Made it from a hard line brass adapter..
Doug

20210227_110101.jpg20210227_110904.jpg20210308_174433.jpg
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: dvw] #3138899
04/18/23 02:58 AM
04/18/23 02:58 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Originally Posted by dvw

You can use the stock pedal. The trick with the aftermarket cables is to trim the barrel and use a thin nut. That way the pedal is higher with the throttle closed. Look at the top of the 1st pic. Thats the original nut and portion of the barrel that was removed. The brass bushing replaces the rubber. Made it from a hard line brass adapter..
Doug
Good thinking and fabbingup bow

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/18/23 02:58 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: dvw] #3139024
04/18/23 03:09 PM
04/18/23 03:09 PM
Indiana
Gabby63 Offline
enthusiast
Gabby63  Offline
enthusiast

Indiana
Holy crap , thank you Doug . I will be trying this very soon . I have been struggling with other ideas to try . I am using a aftermarket cable like is in the pic , since I cannot find a ( used ) replacement for my OE cable . Gary

Re: Road Runner updates [Re: dvw] #3139029
04/18/23 03:17 PM
04/18/23 03:17 PM
Indiana
Gabby63 Offline
enthusiast
Gabby63  Offline
enthusiast

Indiana
This is what I am working with so far . Gary

20230412_190452.jpg20230413_124750 (1).jpg
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: Gabby63] #3139050
04/18/23 04:23 PM
04/18/23 04:23 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Looks killer. Can't wait to hear track results with the new found HP and less weight.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: Al_Alguire] #3139118
04/18/23 09:10 PM
04/18/23 09:10 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Online content OP
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Online Content OP
I Live Here
J

MN
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Looks killer. Can't wait to hear track results with the new found HP and less weight.

Thanks Al. Hoping to test in a couple weeks. Had a minor setback with the fuel line, but parts are on the way. Nothing ever goes as planned.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: dvw] #3139527
04/20/23 02:32 PM
04/20/23 02:32 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by dvw

Doug

looks like you used heat shrink at the modified sheath end ?
if so, did you use just the garden variety heat shrink, or the thick wall marine grade stuff that also has the glue ?
beer

Re: Road Runner updates [Re: moparx] #3139798
04/21/23 05:37 PM
04/21/23 05:37 PM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline
master

Heaven
Jeff,

That’s some great work man. Like I’ve mentioned before, all the headaches and setbacks will be worth it in the end. That Liberty is the %+}*! Can’t wait to hear about how it runs.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3140993
04/27/23 11:15 AM
04/27/23 11:15 AM
MN
J
I Live Here
I Live Here
J

MN
Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Jeff,

That’s some great work man. Like I’ve mentioned before, all the headaches and setbacks will be worth it in the end. That Liberty is the %+}*! Can’t wait to hear about how it runs.

Thanks Wes, it sure was cool looking when it sat in my house for almost a year... I haven't talked about it, but even the Liberty was a struggle at first. last fall, after the dyno session, I got the engine installed in the car, along with the transmission. I fired the engine up, and after 40 seconds of run time, it just shut off. Turn the starter over, and it seemed like the engine was locked up... Dump the oil, cut open the filter, and NOTHING. Clean as can be. i couldn't even turn the engine over with a breaker bar. Frustrated is an understatement at this point. I call a buddy, and he asked if I dial indicated the bell housing? Yes I did, it was within .002. "It turned over fine by hand then?" It did... "Start taking it apart, starting with removing the trans." Out came the tools, and I started to pull the transmission. As soon as I grabbed the input shaft, I knew what the problem was instantly. The transmission was locked up... Put the trans on the bench, and start taking it apart. This is something I didn't think I'd need to do for a LONG time... Once the case was split, I didn't see anything inside the trans that looked out of place. I pulled the input shaft, and found the problem. The input shaft was locked up to the throw out bearing collar. A phone call to Liberty was in order. Was told to send the input shaft back to them. I sent it to them on a Wednesday night, and it arrived on Friday morning. Mike from Liberty called, and said that the ID of the throw out bearing collar was machined wrong, and the input shaft had rubbed just enough, that it welded itself to the collar. They fixed it free of charge, and sent the assembly back. Not thrilled to have to go through with all that, but Liberty made it right.

This spring, I still needed to install the clutch linkage in the car. While switching to the Liberty, I also moved the engine slightly forward, as I mounted the engine plate on the front side of the brackets in the engine compartment, instead of behind, like my old setup was. This changed the clutch linkage just enough to be a pain in the [censored]. Some modifications later, and it's in.

As luck would have it, a week or so ago, I charged the battery on the car, put, some Sunoco 112 in the fuel cell, then powered up the fuel pump to check for leaks. None in the engine compartment. None in the trunk. A huge puddle under the car. The fuel line I put on, less than 4 years ago, was leaking from multiple spots. I had to order some new line, and fittings. I switched to solid aluminum lines this time.

This last Tuesday, UPS delivered the fuel line fittings I needed to finish the install. Got everything done, and checked for leaks. Nothing! What a relief. I couldn't take the suspense any more, and crawled into the car, pumped the gas once, and rolled the engine over. The 563 fired up instantly. Holy S#!T, this thing sounds pi$$ed off! I ran the engine for a little while, getting it up to 140-150*, and ran it through the gears a couple times. The throw on the Liberty shifter, feels quite a bit less than the Jerico/LONG setup I ran for years before. Smooth as can be, and no CLUNKING, the Jerico made.

I can't wait to make a pass in this thing.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: JERICOGTX] #3140998
04/27/23 11:38 AM
04/27/23 11:38 AM
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
up

Re: Road Runner updates [Re: topside] #3141003
04/27/23 11:57 AM
04/27/23 11:57 AM
Frostbitefalls MN (Rocky&Bullw...
gregsdart Offline
I Live Here
gregsdart  Offline
I Live Here

Frostbitefalls MN (Rocky&Bullw...
Jeff, when do you plan to run, and where?

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: gregsdart] #3141010
04/27/23 12:21 PM
04/27/23 12:21 PM
MN
J
I Live Here
I Live Here
J

MN
Originally Posted by gregsdart
Jeff, when do you plan to run, and where?

I will be at Brainerd May 5th, for Chassis re-certification. Still up in the air, if I want to make a pass or not, I might just head home afterwards, as I have a customer car arriving on Saturday.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: JERICOGTX] #3141013
04/27/23 12:41 PM
04/27/23 12:41 PM
Connellsville
71Demon528 Offline
71Demon528  Offline

Connellsville
Cant wait to hear what it runs. I bet its gonna be one wild ride.

Re: Road Runner updates [Re: 71Demon528] #3141037
04/27/23 03:31 PM
04/27/23 03:31 PM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota
After that fiasco with the fuel line, I would pull the carburetor apart and check everything for particles of fuel line. You don't want to have a partially restricted secondary main jet or something like that and go lean on the big end of the track...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: Hemi_Joel] #3141137
04/28/23 07:17 AM
04/28/23 07:17 AM
MN
J
I Live Here
I Live Here
J

MN
Carb has already been checked out.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: JERICOGTX] #3141207
04/28/23 12:53 PM
04/28/23 12:53 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Jeff,

Thanks Wes, it sure was cool looking when it sat in my house for almost a year... I haven't talked about it, but even the Liberty was a struggle at first. last fall, after the dyno session, I got the engine installed in the car, along with the transmission. I fired the engine up, and after 40 seconds of run time, it just shut off. Turn the starter over, and it seemed like the engine was locked up... Dump the oil, cut open the filter, and NOTHING. Clean as can be. i couldn't even turn the engine over with a breaker bar. Frustrated is an understatement at this point. I call a buddy, and he asked if I dial indicated the bell housing? Yes I did, it was within .002. "It turned over fine by hand then?" It did... "Start taking it apart, starting with removing the trans." Out came the tools, and I started to pull the transmission. As soon as I grabbed the input shaft, I knew what the problem was instantly. The transmission was locked up... Put the trans on the bench, and start taking it apart. This is something I didn't think I'd need to do for a LONG time... Once the case was split, I didn't see anything inside the trans that looked out of place. I pulled the input shaft, and found the problem. The input shaft was locked up to the throw out bearing collar. A phone call to Liberty was in order. Was told to send the input shaft back to them. I sent it to them on a Wednesday night, and it arrived on Friday morning. Mike from Liberty called, and said that the ID of the throw out bearing collar was machined wrong, and the input shaft had rubbed just enough, that it welded itself to the collar. They fixed it free of charge, and sent the assembly back. Not thrilled to have to go through with all that, but Liberty made it right.

This spring, I still needed to install the clutch linkage in the car. While switching to the Liberty, I also moved the engine slightly forward, as I mounted the engine plate on the front side of the brackets in the engine compartment, instead of behind, like my old setup was. This changed the clutch linkage just enough to be a pain in the [censored]. Some modifications later, and it's in.

As luck would have it, a week or so ago, I charged the battery on the car, put, some Sunoco 112 in the fuel cell, then powered up the fuel pump to check for leaks. None in the engine compartment. None in the trunk. A huge puddle under the car. The fuel line I put on, less than 4 years ago, was leaking from multiple spots. I had to order some new line, and fittings. I switched to solid aluminum lines this time.

This last Tuesday, UPS delivered the fuel line fittings I needed to finish the install. Got everything done, and checked for leaks. Nothing! What a relief. I couldn't take the suspense any more, and crawled into the car, pumped the gas once, and rolled the engine over. The 563 fired up instantly. Holy S#!T, this thing sounds pi$$ed off! I ran the engine for a little while, getting it up to 140-150*, and ran it through the gears a couple times. The throw on the Liberty shifter, feels quite a bit less than the Jerico/LONG setup I ran for years before. Smooth as can be, and no CLUNKING, the Jerico made.

That's really the kind of detail I like to read about right there.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Road Runner updates [Re: JERICOGTX] #3141238
04/28/23 03:51 PM
04/28/23 03:51 PM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline
master

Heaven
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Jeff,

Man! Fought you the entire way! I like how the ending to date has been positive. Jeff........SEND that bit*h! biggrin

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein
Re: Road Runner updates [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3142450
05/04/23 09:12 AM
05/04/23 09:12 AM
MN
J
I Live Here
I Live Here
J