I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by Soopernaut
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

I use to notice as a little kid the early Firebird had the single round headlights and the "400" emblem. Then they upgraded him to the quad headlight and no more 400. He had the Esprit or however you spell it.

I read something that said all the cars used were Formula 400s because the standard models wouldn't necessarily perform and hold up to what they were put through. They made the cars look like Esprit models to seem more realistic for his character. Garner didn't like the look of the 79-80 models so they continued to use old ones.

A friend here in town owns 2 of the original cars. He's a Mopar guy too.

Yes, they removed the scooped hoods to make them look for mundane and everyday.

He also owns an original Cookie Jar and lots of other show memorabilia.

...helping stuff a Hemi into an A-body:

That’s interesting. Hot Rod many years back ran a little thing maybe an editorial talking about cars on film and where they were now. It said the Rockford cars vanished and wondered how a show using so many had none in circulation.

That’s not so surprising given the era.

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Does Jim Rockford eat in every episode? [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3133119
03/28/23 09:07 PM
03/28/23 09:07 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by Soopernaut
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

I use to notice as a little kid the early Firebird had the single round headlights and the "400" emblem. Then they upgraded him to the quad headlight and no more 400. He had the Esprit or however you spell it.

I read something that said all the cars used were Formula 400s because the standard models wouldn't necessarily perform and hold up to what they were put through. They made the cars look like Esprit models to seem more realistic for his character. Garner didn't like the look of the 79-80 models so they continued to use old ones.

A friend here in town owns 2 of the original cars. He's a Mopar guy too.

Yes, they removed the scooped hoods to make them look for mundane and everyday.

He also owns an original Cookie Jar and lots of other show memorabilia.

...helping stuff a Hemi into an A-body:

That’s interesting. Hot Rod many years back ran a little thing maybe an editorial talking about cars on film and where they were now. It said the Rockford cars vanished and wondered how a show using so many had none in circulation.

He's got all the docs. And even found the bolt holes drilled for sound mics. Finishing up the resto.

There's fake one around here too.

He's got a truck he's recreating too. The owner of the original one won't sell it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3