N
nuthinbutmopar Offline
super stock
nuthinbutmopar  Offline
super stock
N

Central Michigan
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
if we, the consumers, don't buy these new political correct electric E.V., they will stop making them and build what sells, what we buy. work up
I like and love my Ram 3500 4X4 Cummins Turbo Diesel boogie up

How's that going to work in Commiefornia when they outlaw new IC vehicles? Unless people get a clue and start voting the idiots out, they'll just "regulate" all the fuel-burners out of existence.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: nuthinbutmopar] #3122426
02/17/23 07:48 PM
02/17/23 07:48 PM
ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Offline
top fuel
volaredon  Offline
top fuel
V

ILLINOIS
As long as I can find 318s and 360s out and about (I never said anything about brand new) I should be set for life.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: 6PakBee] #3122453
02/17/23 10:38 PM
02/17/23 10:38 PM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by 71TA
He works at a Cheby dealer that also owns a Chrysler dealer.

Wife is like NO WAY are you getting a $100k truck smile [censored] $100k will; be cheap soon. Hear on the news that $777/mth is the new normal payment, FOR SIX YEARS!

Wow, that's more that the mortgage when I bought my house.

People have been saying that tired old phrase for years.
I sold new cars in 1985 and heard it many times back then.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: volaredon] #3122464
02/18/23 12:09 AM
02/18/23 12:09 AM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Online content
I Live Here
poorboy  Online Content
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
Originally Posted by volaredon
As long as I can find 318s and 360s out and about (I never said anything about brand new) I should be set for life.

You better have a pile of them sitting someplace safe. Around here, 318s & 360s are almost impossible to find out in the wild. If you don't have them someplace where you can touch them daily and protect them, some meth head will steal them and turn them into scrap for drug money.

Had a buddy that had a couple motors and some other stuff kept in a locked shed in his back yard. When he came home from a week long vacation, he noticed everything that had any scrap value was gone. The police were not concerned about "old motors and other junk!" He filed a Police report, but what good did that do? The motors and other stuff was long gone. Since he couldn't pin point a specific date, the local scrap yards said they "couldn't help him".

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: poorboy] #3122468
02/18/23 12:30 AM
02/18/23 12:30 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Clean up isle 7, 10 AND 24...

Funny as can be...owns a company that provides a product for our classic cars then sees his EV post and subsequent posts telling us WE are wrong is not well received then insults us...... "We dinosaurs better get on board." Then tries to edit things out.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: poorboy] #3122470
02/18/23 12:36 AM
02/18/23 12:36 AM
Nor here, Nor there
D
Dart 500 Offline
super stock
Dart 500  Offline
super stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
You can motor swap all you want (lets be honest though, nobody does that for a daily driver) its the rust worm and electrical glitches that will get you. And that raises another point - I have spent good money getting my old V8 SUV oil sprayed every fall, I even took it back this time because the job wasnt done well enough and they had the kid paint the thing in oil until I was happy. Anyways, you cant oil spray EV's apparently. Maybe the underbody on them is covered with plastic panels so you dont have to, but that was the last I heard

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: Kern Dog] #3122493
02/18/23 10:37 AM
02/18/23 10:37 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
He works at a Cheby dealer that also owns a Chrysler dealer.

Wife is like NO WAY are you getting a $100k truck smile [censored] $100k will; be cheap soon. Hear on the news that $777/mth is the new normal payment, FOR SIX YEARS!

Wow, that's more that the mortgage when I bought my house.

People have been saying that tired old phrase for years.
I sold new cars in 1985 and heard it many times back then.

Tired, maybe, accurate, absolutely.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: 6PakBee] #3122506
02/18/23 11:49 AM
02/18/23 11:49 AM
KY
65pacecar Offline
master
65pacecar  Offline
master

KY
Currently have a low mileage 2001 Dually Cummins for the truck, keep it stored in winter and use as needed to keep it nice, no desire for a new truck. I am planning to sell it eventually and build a 52 Dodge Truck since I really don’t tow anymore.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: 71TA] #3122530
02/18/23 01:44 PM
02/18/23 01:44 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Cool. Roar. Roar smile

and to think i thought a 5" fartpipe was obnoxious.... laugh2
beer

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: migsBIG] #3122566
02/18/23 03:54 PM
02/18/23 03:54 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Originally Posted by migsBIG
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
[spoiler][/spoiler][quote=Mr PotatoHead] For that money buy a TRX, you will never be sorry.
I'm on list with a dealer for '24. As soon as order banks open in Spring. They sell at or below MSRP. I'm tired of these dealers selling used ones way over MSRP!!! Yes, used ones over new sticker. I'll be a proud Dinosaur with the roar from the TRX and 0-60 times in the three seconds, ability to go through THREE FEET of water (I'm in Hurricane land which equals flooded streets), and yes more gas money spent, but no larger electric bill grin and a huge smile from the sounds alone!!!

I though they were ending v8 engines in Dodge Trucks this year in March?
This year. I'm on list for 2024 not 2023

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: larrymopar360] #3122671
02/18/23 09:58 PM
02/18/23 09:58 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA

I though they were ending v8 engines in Dodge Trucks this year in March? [/quote]This year. I'm on list for 2024 not 2023 [/quote]

Oh, ok. Are they coming out with a new v8 or are you getting the six cylinder engine that’s replacing the hemi?

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: migsBIG] #3122716
02/19/23 01:20 AM
02/19/23 01:20 AM
Nor here, Nor there
D
Dart 500 Offline
super stock
Dart 500  Offline
super stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
Supposedly the 6 banger isnt coming until they refresh the vehicles, which is all of them from the ram to the wrangler, that could be 2-5 years

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: migsBIG] #3122727
02/19/23 04:45 AM
02/19/23 04:45 AM
Castlegar, BC, Canada
That AMC Guy Offline
master
That AMC Guy  Offline
master

Castlegar, BC, Canada
if we, the consumers, don't buy these new political correct electric E.V., they will stop making them and build what sells, what we buy. work up

I see Chrysler being owned by another company in the not too far future from doing such bad business ideas.

I agree. They haven't really done anything lately to either innovate or invigorate. All they've managed to do over the past decade+ is piss off it's former buyer base. It all started with calling an ugly 4-door sedan the "Charger". Then, they axed the Viper (which used to be a semi-affordable fun/toy car). Now let's call Dodge trucks RAM trucks.... a marketing move I still don't understand. There isn't a single car in their entire lineup that anybody under 50 cares about or can afford. I think their cheapest car starts at 40-grand. Try being a minimum wage worker trying to pay for that.

And lets face it, most of their lineup is a 20-year-old Mercedes platform.

It just seems like the Jeep curse is really taking hold yet again. Exactly what happened to poor little AMC is happening/has happened to poor, old Chrysler.

I honestly thought that little Dart/Chrysler 200 was going to save them. In my neck of the woods, you still see a LOT of them rolling around - they were very popular. I had hoped they'd do a performance edition, possibly 2-door Dart that I could buy, but that never came to fruition.... sadly.

It's sad. Chrysler used to make some pretty cool cars.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: That AMC Guy] #3122761
02/19/23 10:51 AM
02/19/23 10:51 AM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
Originally Posted by That AMC Guy

I see Chrysler being owned by another company in the not too far future from doing such bad business ideas.

I agree. They haven't really done anything lately to either innovate or invigorate. All they've managed to do over the past decade+ is piss off it's former buyer base. It all started with calling an ugly 4-door sedan the "Charger". Then, they axed the Viper (which used to be a semi-affordable fun/toy car). Now let's call Dodge trucks RAM trucks.... a marketing move I still don't understand. There isn't a single car in their entire lineup that anybody under 50 cares about or can afford. I think their cheapest car starts at 40-grand. Try being a minimum wage worker trying to pay for that.

And lets face it, most of their lineup is a 20-year-old Mercedes platform.

It just seems like the Jeep curse is really taking hold yet again. Exactly what happened to poor little AMC is happening/has happened to poor, old Chrysler.

I honestly thought that little Dart/Chrysler 200 was going to save them. In my neck of the woods, you still see a LOT of them rolling around - they were very popular. I had hoped they'd do a performance edition, possibly 2-door Dart that I could buy, but that never came to fruition.... sadly.

It's sad. Chrysler used to make some pretty cool cars.

The only thing wrong with the Charger was using the name on a 4 door car. They're popular and people like them. No other company is doing all the stuff to their cars like Chrysler was doing to the Charger and Challenger. But I think they are way off base with going all electric with them. They seem to think that the demand will follow. What they don't seem to realize is that a lot of people buying them aren't brand loyal, they're loyal to their hemi Chargers. It will be interesting to see if building a Charger EV that doesn't look like an EV will be popular and attract buyers or keep them and for how long before they move on to the next new thing. It seems like a gamble no matter what they do. They'd need to get onto the EV band wagon eventually and if they sell it side by side with a regular Charger the EV might not be popular and that might have a permanent hit on their long term EV sales. But getting rid of their gas cars you'd think would also loose a lot of sales. They had been pretty vocal about EVs so I'm still hoping that they're going to make a car for this new 6 cylinder engine that's been talked about.

When you look at the trucks the last time they actually put a Dodge emblem on one was 2004. I know they were still calling them Dodge Ram after that but 2005 doesn't say it on the truck itself anywhere and replaced with an over sized Ram logo so that name change was coming even back then.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: migsBIG] #3122771
02/19/23 11:22 AM
02/19/23 11:22 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.

What? Again?

How many times would that make now? scope

Master, again and still
Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: DaveRS23] #3122788
02/19/23 12:33 PM
02/19/23 12:33 PM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Chrysler hasn't been Chrysler since the Daimler takeover. While I like what they did with Challenger and Charger, there's nothing else they've done that interests me. They hadn't made a decent truck since the seventies and eighties (remember when they said DODGE on the tailgate?) - they are all too bloated and too high to be overly useful anymore (why do you practically need a step ladder to heave an item over the side of the bed?). They've relied on Jeeps, pickups, minivans and mediocre SUVs while leaving their car lines to die a slow death. The company that owns the Chrysler brand doesn't really care about Chrysler... so why should I? Now the woke world is forcing us into EVs so there's not much left of interest to me. "Chrysler" can go the way of Packard, Studebaker, Nash and Hudson - it's been dead for quite awhile anyhow.

And sorry to break the news guys... the whole world is transitioning to EVs, so if you like one of these oversized gas or diesel powered things, you better buy it now. Once the changeover happens there's no going back.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: Cab_Burge] #3122789
02/19/23 12:36 PM
02/19/23 12:36 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
I completely understand this sentiment Cab! But what we the consumer has to understand is it is NOT the auto manufacturers, it's the federal government! With a CAFE that of 2025, passenger cars and light-duty trucks in the U.S. must meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) fleet standards of 54.5 miles per gallon manufacturers are left with NO choice! How in the world can the reach this ridiculous number without almost all electric lineup! This is now less than two years away.

Blame mush brains and cohorts and not the manufacturers.

FJB

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: ChryCoGuy] #3122812
02/19/23 01:32 PM
02/19/23 01:32 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

And sorry to break the news guys... the whole world is transitioning to EVs, so if you like one of these oversized gas or diesel powered things, you better buy it now. Once the changeover happens there's no going back.

This is going to screw with my job. I put about 4000 miles a month on the work truck, no way I could do that with an EV. Not to mention the charging infrastructure isn't there.

Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: Sniper] #3122825
02/19/23 02:09 PM
02/19/23 02:09 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I have no desire to own a TRX or Viper truck, what a worthless platform. A truck is a freakin' truck, NOT A CAR! A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV. My buddy just traded in his TRX for a 1500 Ram fully loaded and loves it, he said the TRX was a P O S! And one more thing, no EV anything will ever be owned by me... tsk

Last edited by Rhinodart; 02/19/23 02:10 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Son just put me on list for RAMEV [Re: Rhinodart] #3122831
02/19/23 02:28 PM
02/19/23 02:28 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
A truck is an appliance to be used to tow, haul, and be of use other than a glorified SUV.

Of the four TRX trucks around me 3 have been clean one time since built...it was when built. They pull cattle trailers, feed, hay, run down dirt (not gravel) roads, muddy fields just like all the other farm trucks in the area.

Many TRX owners just dont want to hurt the trucks value but some work them pretty hard and have the truck because it is workable and bad ass fun to drive.

Really how many trucks in general sold today never see more then soccer mom type use? How many 4x4 trucks on the road that never use or need that feature? There are many many trucks of all brands like this around here simply because "Farmers" and there wives dont drive cars ever with the exception of Sunday AM service. I will snap a pic this week.... when I go to the local store it looks like a new truck lot.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4