D
dmoore Offline
pro stock
dmoore  Offline
pro stock
D

Virginia's Eastern Shore
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Had to step away for awhile. Got back to work and have continued to find all sorts of electrical gremlins. BIG THANKS to Devin Duke in OK and Tommy at Parts Hound LLC. Devin has been rebuilding switches like mad for me, while Tommy has sourced a resistor and a replacement connector I needed to replace a melted setup.

I get about an hour a week to work on the car. Have the taillights fixed, dash lights work with jumper and Devin is rebuilding the dimmer to finish that part out, radio now plays, wipers and washer work. Should get blower sorted out when parts from Tommy get here. Need to find the wire for the cigarette lighter to get that going too. Eventually I’ll get to the ac

It’s like somebody has been involved with this car that didn’t really understand how they work. One of first things I did was get the regulator a good ground. Brakes are way out of adjustment. A lot of small things like that have kept it from perfection.

I bet that hour seems like 5 minutes! Glad you found a nice car and fair $$$ to boot! Enjoy!

Re: 69 GTX with 71,000 miles, Spanish Gold [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3148524
06/04/23 12:59 AM
06/04/23 12:59 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline OP
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline OP
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Been inching forward. Found about half the ac o rings were the black ones, one disintegrated as I took it off, another line had no or o ring at all. Work done by a shop that converted it to 134. Hoping to get it charged soon at a mopar guys shop.

Radio is away for a rebuild. I have an NOS audiovox fm convertor to put in after the show in July. Also some gauges to keep better tabs in things. Want to keep the stock look for the show.

Have a laundry list of small things to get to before then. Engine is dialed in now. That’s been a plus over what I started with.

I want my fair share
Re: 69 GTX with 71,000 miles, Spanish Gold [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3153933
06/24/23 12:10 AM
06/24/23 12:10 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline OP
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline OP
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Huge strides in last week. Figured out the brakes. Radio is back and sounds as good as a new car, at least for clarity. Devin Duke worked his magic on it and it’s just plain awesome. The SM Electrotech made in USA speaker was a great move. We think it had the wrong ohm one in it. Just had enough time to get radio reinstalled and haven’t ohmed the old one yet. It looked like it went through nuclear winter so it needed to go no matter what.

Exhaust sounds a lot better with the remflex gasket in for the obliterated one that was on drivers side. Wow hard to believe I drove around like that.

Hoping to get ac recharged this week. Shop thinks I can be worked in. Hopefully.

Show is coming up fast. Went to a preview gathering and was told by only mopar owner there that there were ZERO mopes last year. Gonna change that in a big way in a few weeks.

I want my fair share
Re: 69 GTX with 71,000 miles, Spanish Gold [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3155757
06/30/23 10:43 PM
06/30/23 10:43 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline OP
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline OP
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Big day. Got ac recharged. Weird feeling driving with windows up.

I want my fair share
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3