Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline OP
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline OP
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
My daily driver is a 2011 ram 2500 base model truck with a 6.4 and has started making a bunch of knocking sound from the HVAC when I start or shut off the truck like a blend air door is messed up and it sudenly stopped blowing a lot of heat (Used to flat cook you out even in zero degree weather) so I know I am gonna have to replace or at least open up the HVAC box.

I have an 09 1500 ram I am parting out, it has a nice fake leatherish black dash and a fancy factory CD player and upgraded factory sound system with a screen and has a factory sub under the back seat factory amp.... can I swap the dash and upgraded sound system out of the fancier truck into my plain jane newer truck while I have the dash out or am I going to run into computer problems or missing places to mount stuff or different plug ins for the udder computers like ABS, SRS.... I do have a maxysis scanner so if I just need to program the radios VIN number or something I may be able to do that... I really hate to tear apart both trucks and find out there is no way to make it all work.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Interior swap in 2011 Ram [Re: HotRodDave] #3103676
12/19/22 06:47 PM
12/19/22 06:47 PM
ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Online content
top fuel
volaredon  Online Content
top fuel
V

ILLINOIS
I too would like to swap out the interior of my '12 ram reg cab. Who ever thought black and puke would look good together? Yuck

Re: Interior swap in 2011 Ram [Re: volaredon] #3104327
12/21/22 08:19 PM
12/21/22 08:19 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
You should be able to do the radio upgrade unless there's a compatibility problem between certain years. But with 09 being the first year of the newer trucks I would have guessed that they were still using the same components in 2011. You might need to get a security code from the dealer to unlock the different radio when it's installed and some options you need alfaobd to turn them on but I don't know if you need to do that for the sub or if the radio would recognize what's been hooked up to it.

Re: Interior swap in 2011 Ram [Re: volaredon] #3127516
03/08/23 02:16 PM
03/08/23 02:16 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline OP
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline OP
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Originally Posted by volaredon
I too would like to swap out the interior of my '12 ram reg cab. Who ever thought black and puke would look good together? Yuck

Well I ended up just swapping the dash plastic and it was a bolt in but I had to use my original grey bezels instead of the chrome ones because the center one is longer at the bottom to work with the console in the donor truck. It is a very dark dash and easier to see without the light puke color in the sun. I also added the second glove box into the cubbie hole, it would be a very easy upgrade without tearing apart the dash.

The wiring harness was different because of the dual zone HVAC and the radio, I hate dual zone HVAC and didn't feel like rewiring the whole truck just to find out "if" I could make it all work. I would have had to add wires to the truck harness for all the speakers and the sub under the rear seat as there is no wires in the rest of the truck for them. The blend air doors were fine but there was a big weird piece of metal holding one from moving very much and the motor gears were stripped out from trying to force that door to move. The evaporator was almost complexly blocking airflow with dirt and dog hair and now the heat will flat roast you out of there in short order where before I could have it on high all day and never get hot.

My only problem is the trailer brake randomly reminds me it is disconnected for no reason where before it would only do that if I had unplugged it with it running.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!