top fuel
second 70  Offline
top fuel
S

central il.
Originally Posted by Ramrod39
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by Ramrod39
Don't know the answer to your question but I would put a Club on the steering wheel.

10 seconds to defeat The Club with a pair of bolt cutters. Would not stop a motivated thief, the kind who had a key made. Better than nothing when it comes to some random thief looking for a random target though.

OK, I'm curious. How do you defeat a club in 10 seconds with just a pair of bolt cutters? I use bolt cutters on occasion to remove padlocks and I see no way to cut a club off with a pair. Unless they are maybe 6 feet long...

You cut the steering wheel not the club. Most outer rings are plastic coated metal and easy to cut. Thieves just carry a hack saw blade in their pocket.

Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: second 70] #3096789
11/24/22 11:56 AM
11/24/22 11:56 AM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
^ this. Hacksaw, large bolt cutters, etc. Cut the wheel, bend the rim and the Club pops right off.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: TJP] #3096799
11/24/22 12:18 PM
11/24/22 12:18 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by IMGTX
The side glass is on nearly all new cars are "Snap In" Not bolted in like the old ones we love.

With a little patience it isn't hard to unsnap the glass and remove it from the car with the door shut. Look on Youtube and there are several porch cam videos of people removing the glass and getting into the cars.
twocents

Could you post a link? couldn't find what you were referring to shruggy beer

I have not replaced the side glass on a new challenger but I have on multiple others models. Hence the nearly all statement because I can not say everyone is like that, but all of them I have replaced made in the last 10 years or so were snap in glass. The most common breakage point from my experience is the glass sticks in the track and causes the snap to pop loose and the glass comes loose. Usually without breaking the glass but often the regulator has to be replaced. Maybe it isn't as common as I think but is the most common repair I have had to deal with. shruggy My apologies if I had the wrong impression of the problem.

This is one video that shows the guy remove the glass in one piece.

There are others but I can't find the one I was looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E69xDrxAWzQ

Scroll to 1:14 and you see him remove the glass in one piece.

Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: J_BODY] #3096843
11/24/22 03:04 PM
11/24/22 03:04 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline OP
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline OP
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by J_BODY
The pin for key programming is NOT in the owners manual….. unless you wrote it there.
IF you lose a key, fear one was stolen, nefarious ex has one, we can blank all keys and reprogram the ones in your possession.

With the ease of being able to steal my 01 Ram I’d always disable the injector pump and remove the starter relay. The pickup was excellent condition and I couldn’t afford to lose it easily.

With the departure of the 01 and the arrival of the 17 3500 I started researching if they too were stolen with some frequency. The informative videos on the theft of newer vehicles was astounding. While there’s great technology to prevent this built in, theirs even greater tech making it possible.

And anyone on FB it seems we’ll see at least once a week someone who’s mid 2000s Ford F-350 that has disappeared.

That's kinda what I thought, it wouldn't be in the manual unless someone specifically puts it there.

He'll be at our house for Thanksgiving today and I'm sure we'll be discussing it.

IF you lose a key, fear one was stolen, nefarious ex has one, we can blank all keys and reprogram the ones in your possession.

I'll let him know that.

Has anyone put an old fashioned "Kill Switch" on a late model vehicle???
You know, like one that would simply short out the negative side of the coil on an old car.

I'm not sure how it would work on a computerized car. shruggy

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: SNK-EYZ] #3096856
11/24/22 04:03 PM
11/24/22 04:03 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
There are quite a few deactivation systems available for late model stuff. I know a guy who got his F-350 King Ranch stolen. All they did was sit in his driveway and put a new key switch in it. He got it back and installed a starter relay and fuel pump relay that will not activate without a code from his phone.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: IMGTX] #3096930
11/24/22 11:15 PM
11/24/22 11:15 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by TJP
The side glass is on nearly all new cars are "Snap In" Not bolted in like the old ones we love.

With a little patience it isn't hard to unsnap the glass and remove it from the car with the door shut. Look on Youtube and there are several porch cam videos of people removing the glass and getting into the cars.
twocents

Could you post a link? couldn't find what you were referring to shruggy beer

I have not replaced the side glass on a new challenger but I have on multiple others models. Hence the nearly all statement because I can not say everyone is like that, but all of them I have replaced made in the last 10 years or so were snap in glass. The most common breakage point from my experience is the glass sticks in the track and causes the snap to pop loose and the glass comes loose. Usually without breaking the glass but often the regulator has to be replaced. Maybe it isn't as common as I think but is the most common repair I have had to deal with. shruggy My apologies if I had the wrong impression of the problem.

This is one video that shows the guy remove the glass in one piece.

There are others but I can't find the one I was looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E69xDrxAWzQ

Scroll to 1:14 and you see him remove the glass in one piece.

thank you up

Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: TJP] #3097796
11/28/22 02:33 PM
11/28/22 02:33 PM
Michigan
K
Kiddart Offline
pro stock
Kiddart  Offline
pro stock
K

Michigan
Just this weekend Christe Lee from motor trend her new Hellcat was stolen right out of her driveway. It was all over Instagram. took all of 40 seconds. they do something under the dash on the passenger side car starts up and off they go. someone posted that with a simple electronic code scanner you can walk by something that is Wi-Fi accessible and the code pops up and you can unlock car then get to whatever they need to start the car. it sucked watching the video. someone also said this scanner thing picks up the fob in your house and matches to the vehicle. sounds crazy but that is what i have read.

this si why my car is locked in my garage with the roll up door locked and dead bolted. it really sucks you can't have anything nice.

I have also had the security fix done to my Challenger from dealer to lock out the wifi and the PCM. sucks if I lose the key fob but that's on me. and the keys are locked in my safe as well.

we had some kids rummage thru some cars in the last few weeks as well. I leave nothing in my cars or trucks. if they want a box of Kleenex so, be it!!

thief's Suck!!

Thank you
Kiddart
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: Kiddart] #3097846
11/28/22 04:43 PM
11/28/22 04:43 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline OP
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline OP
I Live Here

A Red State
Update....

My brother talked to a dealer about the owners manual PIN and keyfob stuff.

They told him the cars PIN wouldn't be in the owners manual.

They also told him that they could put a red flag on keyfobs/keys being made in the vehicles history so no one could have a key made without proof of it being the vehicle owner.

They also told him that the could reprogram all the current fobs to a new code, for $120 each fob.

As far as his USPS (Postal) work ID, someone found it a few blocks from his house and dropped it into a mailbox (like it says to do on the ID) so it's being returned and is accounted for.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: SNK-EYZ] #3098041
11/29/22 10:46 AM
11/29/22 10:46 AM
St. Louis, Missouri area
Cometstorm Offline
"Beat It"
Cometstorm  Offline
"Beat It"

St. Louis, Missouri area
www.Ravelco.com

You lose remote start (unless you leave the security plug in place).

Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: SNK-EYZ] #3098964
12/02/22 03:31 PM
12/02/22 03:31 PM
Nebraska
4406bbl Offline
top fuel
4406bbl  Offline
top fuel

Nebraska
Yes, just put an on off switch on the ground side, of the control side of the ASD or fuel pump relay. We had the security mod done to our scatpack and hellcat, the only 2 keys that will ever work are the originals. We also carry, as purple Challengers attract sheetbags.

Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: 4406bbl] #3098983
12/02/22 04:19 PM
12/02/22 04:19 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Yes, just put an on off switch on the ground side, of the control side of the ASD or fuel pump relay. We had the security mod done to our scatpack and hellcat, the only 2 keys that will ever work are the originals. We also carry, as purple Challengers attract sheetbags.
Do you carry a throw away weapon also to prove that the perps had theirs out before you shot and killed him, them devil whistling work up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: Cab_Burge] #3099064
12/02/22 07:42 PM
12/02/22 07:42 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Do you carry a throw away weapon also to prove that the perps had theirs out before you shot and killed him, them devil whistling work up

Who doesn’t up

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Theives breaking in to cars.... [Re: BloFish] #3099107
12/02/22 11:09 PM
12/02/22 11:09 PM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
Friend down the street had a few break ins with he Van at the GYM he runs. He finally had a person watch for days and finally this kid came back and he walked out opened the door grabbed the kid and the kids wallet. He said to him now you are going to clean my Van inside and out and put everything back. Kid started mouthing and that was it. I guess this kid could not read what was on the Vehicle with a rap that took up most of it. Brazilian Black Belt Jiu Jitsu, Taekwondo Black Belt, Black Belt Judo. UFC Traning Kickboxing Training. He said one twist of the kids arm changed the kids mind instantly. After the cleaning the kid got his wallet back and was never to be see again at or near the Gym. Thieves are getting more educated all the time and this internet is just one bad example of how to learn or buy things to be a thief.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Page 2 of 2 1 2