super stock
Dart 500  Offline
super stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by migsBIG
Originally Posted by 2fast4yourBrain
Cool that Stellantis isn't going 100% to EV.

Straight sixes are capable of big power. Adjustable wastegate and meth injection and probably can get 1000hp with just a simple tune.

sadly after seeing it, its just as big and heavy as a v8, overly complicated for a drivetrain swap and won't make you pop your hood to show it off. Probably the most unappealing engine I've seen in a long time.

Yup! Barely more appealing than an electric motor... then maybe that's what they're after, make an overly complicated un-inspiring pile of garbage nobody will buy then claim everyone wants electric and ditch them all together, thats what happened to the Dakota, they made it huge, butt ugly, no better MPG than a half ton, no engine anyone wanted (hemi and the 3.6 would have been super easy to put in) then said "well nobody is buying it lets quit making them?

The straight 6's have been in the works for years, my guess is they were an answer to the ecoboost that came out 10~ years ago, but since FCA was so cheap, they never did anything with them. Then once the big merger happened they were announced within weeks and all of a sudden the V8 is dead. (You can still order an F150 with a 5.0L, mustang too)

Re: hurricane crate engines [Re: Dart 500] #3095167
11/18/22 10:03 AM
11/18/22 10:03 AM
Addison Twp, Mi.
RobG Offline
top fuel
RobG  Offline
top fuel

Addison Twp, Mi.
Originally Posted by Dart 500
There will be millions of Jeeps and trucks with these in a few years, no need to buy an overpriced brand new crate version. If its a legit American 2JZ people will be putting them in everything, 400-500hp stock means its going to be built strong and will only need more boost to make crazy power.

This looks like a good replacement for my 2010 Jeep Wrangler in a few years. Hopefully I can buy a totaled Jeep and swap it all out.

I am not rich...but I get off my ass everyday to make sure I am not broke!

Can we get the Mexican cartels to help us with our supply chain issues? They don't seem to have any trouble getting stuff from one place to another.
Page 2 of 2 1 2