T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Moparite
Mustang with damage on right side. Hmmm.

Some contact with left side of truck? Someone moved into another lane and stuff started happening.

The mustang went to change lanes and ran into the truck(driver not paying attention/going to fast. etc...) truck driver swerved into the guard rail and the momentum took it over. I seen a trailer flip over taking a off ramp. It wasn't going that fast either so it doesn't take much to flip them.

I will guess, mustang driver possibly distracted, truck likely in a blind spot, especially if he was distracted and did not look long enough before executing the lane change = accident angel

Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: TJP] #3080389
09/24/22 10:50 PM
09/24/22 10:50 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I learn to drive in SO CA, out in the Mojave Desert, I spent many hours later in L.A. traffic and learn when it comes to a collision where it is me against the other guy, screw him tsk
I tease some of the locals up here in central Oregon that were born and raised here when they complain about all the new California drivers and how they drive, I tell them that have not driven in L.A. that it is not unusual to be going 80+MPH in bumper to bumper traffic having to shoot at other drivers out every window and then have to come to a stop in 50 Ft. whistling
I'm kidding about shooting out the windows but not about the speed or heavy bumper to bumper traffic shock
It is really too bad that he had to die in that accident whiney

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: Cab_Burge] #3080418
09/25/22 12:46 AM
09/25/22 12:46 AM
Colleyville
3hundred Offline OP
I Live Here
3hundred  Offline OP
I Live Here

Colleyville
I think DOT is about to consider raising the barrier height on bridges to no less than 42"

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi
Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: 3hundred] #3080441
09/25/22 08:28 AM
09/25/22 08:28 AM
Wills Point, Texas
Hugh Jorgan Offline
master
Hugh Jorgan  Offline
master

Wills Point, Texas
Cell phone jammers need to be installed on freeways so people will have to focus on driving instead of surfing facebook or texting. twocents

Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: Hugh Jorgan] #3080516
09/25/22 01:18 PM
09/25/22 01:18 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
Cell phone jammers need to be installed on freeways so people will have to focus on driving instead of surfing facebook or texting. twocents

iagree or shut the thing off if it is moving more than 5 mph which would be much easier to implement. Sorry people you and your BS messages/ texting are not that important twocents

Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: TJP] #3080553
09/25/22 03:30 PM
09/25/22 03:30 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
What if it was the truck driver that was distracted and went to change lanes and didn't see the car???? Personally I've seen more trucks cut off cars than the other way around especially if some dumb car driver sits in the trucks blind spot FOREVER. Can't fully blame either but it seems that most are blaming the car driver for running into the side of a semi. Which driver had the most possibility of not seeing the other in their blind spot? The only way the car could have not seen the semi would have been at the very front corner of the tractor and shouldn't that hit spun out the car too? Needs to be more before jumping to conclusions..............................like I'm doing. Where exactly did the car and semi come in contact? If it was from the back of the cab or farther then it was either distracted driving on the cars part or blind spot or distracted driving on the semi's part. Okay I'll take the flame. Oh one more thing, my son when he first started driving came home from work with mud on his tires and I asked him how that happened. Well I was going to work he said and I was doing the 70 MPH highway speed limit and passing a semi. Before I could get around the first semi we came up on a slow moving wide load semi and the semi I was next to ran me into the median. I asked if he was in the semi's blind spot and he thought he wasn't just that the semi was mad because I was going to make him slow down. I said you messed up because semi's don't like to slow down especially if they are on cruise control and then have to get back up to speed and use more fuel than if you would have just been courteous and either you sped up or backed off to let the semi over. Yep ran my son right into the median at 70 MPH with no regard for the young kid's life. Yes my son was wrong or inexperienced but no reason for a semi driver to road rage him to near death and drive him off the road with a 40 ton weapon. So there is why I'm looking at this from a different angle until it's proven who was at fault. I personally don't think the car drove into the side of a semi until someone proves me wrong. Waiting for more facts not guesses.

Mike

Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: 3hundred] #3080629
09/25/22 08:31 PM
09/25/22 08:31 PM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
I see the feds want breath analyzers in new cars. If this is allowed I think it could clear the way to ban/jam cell phone use while in a moving car or in a car period. Therefore- In my opinion I don't think breathalyzers in new cars will pass- because if you cant ban one how can you ban the other. Both are dangerous but cellphone use has been deemed a dang near human right. I see distracted cell phone drivers EVERYTIME I drive. I do not see drunk drivers every time I drive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBS53tkc0E

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: A12] #3080632
09/25/22 08:38 PM
09/25/22 08:38 PM
Md.
C
carnut68 Offline
master
carnut68  Offline
master
C

Md.
Originally Posted by A12
What if it was the truck driver that was distracted and went to change lanes and didn't see the car???? Personally I've seen more trucks cut off cars than the other way around especially if some dumb car driver sits in the trucks blind spot FOREVER. Can't fully blame either but it seems that most are blaming the car driver for running into the side of a semi. Which driver had the most possibility of not seeing the other in their blind spot? The only way the car could have not seen the semi would have been at the very front corner of the tractor and shouldn't that hit spun out the car too? Needs to be more before jumping to conclusions..............................like I'm doing. Where exactly did the car and semi come in contact? If it was from the back of the cab or farther then it was either distracted driving on the cars part or blind spot or distracted driving on the semi's part. Okay I'll take the flame. Oh one more thing, my son when he first started driving came home from work with mud on his tires and I asked him how that happened. Well I was going to work he said and I was doing the 70 MPH highway speed limit and passing a semi. Before I could get around the first semi we came up on a slow moving wide load semi and the semi I was next to ran me into the median. I asked if he was in the semi's blind spot and he thought he wasn't just that the semi was mad because I was going to make him slow down. I said you messed up because semi's don't like to slow down especially if they are on cruise control and then have to get back up to speed and use more fuel than if you would have just been courteous and either you sped up or backed off to let the semi over. Yep ran my son right into the median at 70 MPH with no regard for the young kid's life. Yes my son was wrong or inexperienced but no reason for a semi driver to road rage him to near death and drive him off the road with a 40 ton weapon. So there is why I'm looking at this from a different angle until it's proven who was at fault. I personally don't think the car drove into the side of a semi until someone proves me wrong. Waiting for more facts not guesses.

Mike
You wouldn't believe what cars will do around trucks. Take that from someone who has driven a truck for 34 yrs. Some days I wish I had a Go pro filming.

America First!
Re: Tragic truck accident [Re: larrymopar360] #3082189
10/01/22 11:49 AM
10/01/22 11:49 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
with all the "infotainment" junk on new vehicles, plus the WAY OVERUSE of the cell phone, hands free or not, it's a wonder we don't see accidents like this more often.

We see distracted driving accidents all of the time. shruggy

Cars these days have built in distractions. runaway
I know, and it pizzes me off that they advertise and sell them. Bigger screens, devices to hold your phone on the windshield, etc. Preach one thing yet encourage another with products. It's like driving past popular bars and the parking lots are packed. Yeah right, they all have designated drivers.

and this was the reason for my "infotainment" post ! mad flame panic
beer [and the "bar" i will visit is "home". have one or two, go inside for supper, then tubby time and nap time ! biggrin]

Page 2 of 2 1 2