central il.
S
second 70 Offline OP
top fuel
second 70  Offline OP
top fuel
S

central il.
I like ton's of other people was dumb enough to listen to other people and get rid of perfect older appliances when I remodeled my kitchen. The Samsung I bought suck. Anyway the refrigerator freezes the water line so no ice and water and aside from that every once in a while it'll get so bad you can hear the cooling fan rubbing the ice build-up.

Well Samsung came out with a repair kit to fix it and I called to see if the had it in stock. The gal looked up the part and said yes we have it but trust me you have no idea how many of these we put in every week and they don't work. Do yourself a favor you're better off just unplugging it and leaving the doors open for 36 hours. They require the 36 thaw too if they are going to install the new part too so they can get to it without breaking anything.

Wow when was the last time you had an appliance repair company tell you to save your money?

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: second 70] #3078105
09/17/22 02:07 PM
09/17/22 02:07 PM
Usa
A
A39Coronet Offline
super stock
A39Coronet  Offline
super stock
A

Usa
Our Samsung fridge bottom freezer ice dispenser stopped working. I determined the tube heater went bad, so the water line filling the tray was frozen. I removed the drawer, pulled the ice mechanism out, and cleaned it. A week later I had the parts, installed in fifteen minutes, never had another problem for two years. No need to thaw the entire thing.

Just like with cars, you just pay attention as you disassemble and it goes back without issue.

Last edited by A39Coronet; 09/17/22 02:11 PM.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: A39Coronet] #3078120
09/17/22 02:55 PM
09/17/22 02:55 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Appliances today are so frustrating! So much junk, so "energy efficient" which as far as clothes washers means your clothes will still be dirty when they come out. Dishwashers take 3 hours to finish. Good luck finding reliable brand since most are made by same chitty company. rant Then call repair shop and get "I don't work on digital control machines".

That was nice you got an honest company. I still have a working old school clothes washer that fills to the top, has an agitator, and gets my clothes clean! Imagine that; clean clothes after being put in the machine! And I use hot water with a cold rinse.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: A39Coronet] #3078122
09/17/22 03:02 PM
09/17/22 03:02 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
I was traveling on business when my wife called and said there's a problem with the refrigerator and it's the start of the weekend. I had her call a local repair shop and of course they told her if it could wait until Monday they wouldn't have to charge an emergency weekend minimum fee. We had to do it as I had no way to get back to check it out. Repair guy came out, found a Styrofoam packing "peanut" that jammed the cooling fan, he removed it and only charged the normal weekday scheduled call fee. Good guys are no longer out there like this one. Most likely one of the cats chased the peanut packing into the kitchen and got sucked into the fan as it stopped. It wasn't what stopped the fan but it kept it from starting.

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: second 70] #3078125
09/17/22 03:12 PM
09/17/22 03:12 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
The appliance repair guy we use is amazing. Fast, reasonable, fixed right the first time. He's so busy with work he only travels within about an 8 mile radius from where he lives.

When we bought our new appliances 2 years ago during our remodel, he said "get the extended warranty on the refrigerator, but not on the other stuff." He was spot on with that. When our washer broke, he sold us a better (used) washer he had in his garage for less than it would've cost to fix ours.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: not_a_charger] #3078214
09/17/22 09:09 PM
09/17/22 09:09 PM
md
M
mopars4ever Offline
I Live Here
mopars4ever  Offline
I Live Here
M

md
Some of my family members have had lots of issues with Samsung appliances. I have mostly used Maytag or Whirlpool and I have been happy. I did have a issue with a freezer light going bad though. Dishwasher and washer dryer have been perfect.

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: mopars4ever] #3078251
09/17/22 11:31 PM
09/17/22 11:31 PM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
I won't buy anything that says Samsung on it. I watched IMdB programming through Amazon Prime a lot on my Samsung digital TV. Then suddenly I started getting an error message that my device won't support IMdB programming. After literally hours with both Amazon and Samsung, Samsung fessed up that they changed the configuration on my series TV. And their solution, I could buy a new Samsung TV as they had a special sale on at the time. I think I will go that route, I just have to find out when Hell is going to freeze over.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: A39Coronet] #3078370
09/18/22 11:52 AM
09/18/22 11:52 AM
central il.
S
second 70 Offline OP
top fuel
second 70  Offline OP
top fuel
S

central il.
Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Our Samsung fridge bottom freezer ice dispenser stopped working. I determined the tube heater went bad, so the water line filling the tray was frozen. I removed the drawer, pulled the ice mechanism out, and cleaned it. A week later I had the parts, installed in fifteen minutes, never had another problem for two years. No need to thaw the entire thing.

Just like with cars, you just pay attention as you disassemble and it goes back without issue.

Just like cars they're not all the same model. Ice maker is in the top not in the bottom drawer. Heater tube is working. The reason for the thaw isn't the ice maker it's because the cooling coil in the refrigerator freezes up due to poor defrosting design and probably due to the location of the refrigerant line that runs up to the ice maker They said they even add an extra heating element and it doesn't help. They won't even sell an extended warranty on Samsung ref now. That's why there's a class action suit on these models. I had added insurance on my and it was declared unrepairable and insurance company refunded purchase price and tax. I was only out the $300 the insurance cost. Rep for insurance company said they got killed on these Samsung.

Here's the models #'s covered if someone else got stuck with one. problem 2 & 3 is what my model had.

https://upgradedhome.com/samsung-refrigerator-recall-list/

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: second 70] #3078611
09/19/22 12:03 AM
09/19/22 12:03 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

You need to find the small family owned appliance shops, they are still around but getting harder to find. I delivered a couple early B-Body's to a gentlemen in Tullahoma, TN who was able to buy his dream car through hard work and treating people right. If anyone in that area needs appliance repair, hit me up and I will give you his number. I still use a rolling dishwasher that hooks up to the sink, a Kenmore that I bought in 1987, still works like a dream! I am not the kinda guy who puts a nasty plate or pan in there, I always rinse them off first, no idea if it helps but I still have the same dishwasher. I keep fixing my Kenmore washer and drier also, parts are still available and easy to fix. Finally had to get a new gas stove 5 years ago, scratch and dent at Sears, same as the fridge. Now that all those stores are gone, I am going back to a campfire for cooking and an ice box for cooling when they die...LOL

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: Rhinodart] #3078712
09/19/22 01:05 PM
09/19/22 01:05 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
All the appliances for us mortals SUCK. Everyone we know with Sub Zero, who have even had issues, love them. The best part is they have separte fridge and freezer compressors and they are at the top where they can exhaust the hot air. Not jammed in the bottom. We moved and need appliances. I am in the process of fighting with the wife over this and she said get what you want. We had $4500!!! Kitchenaide and it has all the same problems. Freezer freezes so much that fan cant blow cooling air up to fridge (HATE THOSE BOTTOM DRAWER FREEZERS).

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: 71TA] #3078720
09/19/22 01:39 PM
09/19/22 01:39 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i just want a SIMPLE appliance that does NOT have eleventybillion features.............
beer

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: moparx] #3078760
09/19/22 03:21 PM
09/19/22 03:21 PM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Originally Posted by moparx
i just want a SIMPLE appliance that does NOT have eleventybillion features.............
beer

You mean like automobiles also? I had to buy a used 2015 ST Ram 3500 so I didn't have all the bells and whistles. No power door locks or windows, rubber floor covering, am/fm, steel wheels, but I do have A/C. Miss the power windows and mirrors, but got used to them again. Would love to have appliances the same way, just no longer available... frown

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: Rhinodart] #3078901
09/19/22 10:42 PM
09/19/22 10:42 PM
Tucson, AZ
Ramrod39 Offline
My New Title
Ramrod39  Offline
My New Title

Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by moparx
beer

You mean like automobiles also? I had to buy a used 2015 ST Ram 3500 so I didn't have all the bells and whistles. No power door locks or windows, rubber floor covering, am/fm, steel wheels, but I do have A/C. Miss the power windows and mirrors, but got used to them again. Would love to have appliances the same way, just no longer available... frown

iagree

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: Ramrod39] #3078958
09/20/22 08:01 AM
09/20/22 08:01 AM
Southern Maryland
klunick Offline
master
klunick  Offline
master

Southern Maryland
Agree with another poster. Bought one of those fancy clothes washers. Piece of trash. My wife could do 2 loads a day. It spent probably 2 1/2 hours every load trying to balance itself. No aggitater in the middle. Clothes came out smelling really bad and my jeans were always dirty. It lasted all of 3 years before it wouldn't pump the water out. Junked it and bought a cheap $380 one that was old style. No problems in years. Don't believe the hype. No reason most of these appliances need all this whiz-bang crap. Just like our cars. Get rid of the worthless tech.

67 Barracuda FB 69 Superbee "Southern Maryland: If you want a good looking woman, you had better bring her with you"
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: klunick] #3079065
09/20/22 02:31 PM
09/20/22 02:31 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
We've got a large front loader kenmore that's 20 years old and it's been great. The only complaint is the labels on the digital controls wear off when fabric softener gets on them and the timer will get down to 1 minute and then sit there for however long it takes to finish.

The dryer is a different story. It's auto dry mode always leaves clothes a bit wet and everything is on one circuit board that is sealed with goo like an ignition ECU box. Had to replace the board a year or two ago and luckily they're still available for an OK price.

Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: 5thAve] #3079224
09/21/22 07:58 AM
09/21/22 07:58 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
We have a couple good appliance guys. They don’t cover the same brands so I have two. The one could probably do all of it though. Both told me the lg and Samsung kitchen stuff is garbage that changes every part every few years so it’s hard to get things or no know what is going on with them. The lg washer and dryer is good though they agree, go figure. We’ve used them for years at different houses and different sets of them.

I want my fair share
Re: honest appliance repair company. [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3079240
09/21/22 09:13 AM
09/21/22 09:13 AM
St. Louis, Mo
318 Stroker Offline
master
318 Stroker  Offline
master

St. Louis, Mo
Girlfriend and I bought a house in Dec 2020. It came with a Samsung fridge. What a POS.. rant Has the typical icemaker problems. No idea where it was purchased, and of course I don't have a receipt, so we're probably screwed as far as any recourse with Samsung... down