Originally Posted by CMcAllister
They've cut back to one qualifier on Friday. But when I went to spectate and hangout, rather than taking care of business, Hardcore Thursday and Fridays with the Friday night session were the days I went. Sportsman qualifying Thursday. First and second round for them early Friday. Two pro sessions with everyone going for it Friday night.

Tickets were cheaper, especially if I bunked with someone Thursday night, and the crowds were thinner.

Many years ago at Englishtown, they had rain or something to delay the Friday night session. Got started late and were up against a curfew. They would fire the next pair as the ones who were running would be rolling up to stage. When they crossed the stripe, the next pair would be rolling through the water to do their burnouts.

Place was packed. No oil downs or screwing around, they ran through both classes like that, and got it done with 2 minutes to spare. Best fuel session I've ever seen. I hate Jersey, but miss Etown.

Years ago, a number of tracks down South, Norwalk, MIR and some others, had the spectator fences really close to the track. Standing on the fence about 60' out when 2 fuel cars go by 30' away and WFO is cool when the shock wave hits you. They don't allow that anymore and I wouldn't recommend it. Tinnitus sucks.
We are going to Fall Nationals in Texas Friday Oct 14 only going on Friday have to drive back to Wisconsin for work 2am Monday. That sucks they only run 1 qualifier on Friday. Does anyone know if they run pro Camaro there?