North Pole,New York
F
formula_s Offline OP
master
formula_s  Offline OP
master
F

North Pole,New York
Whats were the results from the OE tent? Was there a cruise in Heath this year or anywhere else?

Re: Nats questions? [Re: formula_s] #3068905
08/17/22 03:19 PM
08/17/22 03:19 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
There was a Saturday Night Cruise at the CDJ Dealership in Heath with a band.
It was fairly crowded there.

Someone said there was supposed to be a Friday Cruise on Brice Rd.
The only thing happening there was a bunch of locals doing burnouts at a parking lot that had been taped off saying "No Trespassing by Police Order" which of course didn't stop the locals in their GM's and crotch rockets from trespassing. laugh2

I think there was something going on in Buckeye Lake, but the stopped traffic and flashing police lights meant we didn't get that close.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Nats questions? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #3068939
08/17/22 05:53 PM
08/17/22 05:53 PM
east side of Ohio
basketcase Offline
master
basketcase  Offline
master

east side of Ohio
Brice Road has become an area of town you don't want to be in after dark.

Dave

1981 Dodge D150 360 auto
Re: Nats questions? [Re: basketcase] #3069033
08/17/22 11:01 PM
08/17/22 11:01 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by basketcase

EXACTLY! Sad - Brice Rd. used to be the epicenter of all the action. As for Heath - there must have been more cop cars out there than Mopars. There was NO cruising. Bielenda needs to find a new place to hold the Nationals. I won't ever be going back to Columbus for this. I say bring it back to Ann Arbor & Milan Dragway!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: Nats questions? [Re: Sunroofcuda] #3069151
08/18/22 11:01 AM
08/18/22 11:01 AM
Anderson, IN
1969RR Offline
super stock
1969RR  Offline
super stock

Anderson, IN
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

EXACTLY! Sad - Brice Rd. used to be the epicenter of all the action. As for Heath - there must have been more cop cars out there than Mopars. There was NO cruising. Bielenda needs to find a new place to hold the Nationals. I won't ever be going back to Columbus for this. I say bring it back to Ann Arbor & Milan Dragway!

Eric, I agree! Cruising is nothing anymore. Kind of sad. I saw a few Mopars now and then. More local stuff (Chevy, Honda, etc) The cruise at the dealer ship was sad. We walked thru and left. 99% dealer showroom cars, 2 Honda's, Audi parked there. 3-4 old iron only. I know it took a bunch of idiots doing stupid stuff that killed it off. Woodward week goes off without a hitch, how come???? We can reminisce all we want, it'll never be what it was. Jeff

Re: Nats questions? [Re: 1969RR] #3069169
08/18/22 11:55 AM
08/18/22 11:55 AM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline
master
M

Nashville, TN
This year no one had the balls to enter the OE level. There were two Hemi cars last year that scored Gold. There were over 60 Judged cars and everything went great with Judging and trophy presentations. If you didn't make it to Buck Eye Lake you missed something better than Brice or Heath. Plenty of BIG burnouts. Water on the road. The only cars that got pulled over were the local cars that got out of hand. This year's Nat was one of the best ever and I have been there for over 25 years. Perfect weather. Great swap meet. You nay sayers please keep not coming, you make it better for those of us who do go.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: Nats questions? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #3069232
08/18/22 02:22 PM
08/18/22 02:22 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69
This year no one had the balls to enter the OE level. There were two Hemi cars last year that scored Gold. There were over 60 Judged cars and everything went great with Judging and trophy presentations. If you didn't make it to Buck Eye Lake you missed something better than Brice or Heath. Plenty of BIG burnouts. Water on the road. The only cars that got pulled over were the local cars that got out of hand. This year's Nat was one of the best ever and I have been there for over 25 years. Perfect weather. Great swap meet. You nay sayers please keep not coming, you make it better for those of us who do go.

And you didn't stop by and say hi! Just who was that golf cart driver?!? panic

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Nats questions? [Re: 1969RR] #3069263
08/18/22 03:30 PM
08/18/22 03:30 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by 1969RR
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Eric, I agree! Cruising is nothing anymore. Kind of sad. I saw a few Mopars now and then. More local stuff (Chevy, Honda, etc) The cruise at the dealer ship was sad. We walked thru and left. 99% dealer showroom cars, 2 Honda's, Audi parked there. 3-4 old iron only. I know it took a bunch of idiots doing stupid stuff that killed it off. Woodward week goes off without a hitch, how come???? We can reminisce all we want, it'll never be what it was. Jeff

Apparently we were at the dealer lot at two different times, there were a Helluva lot more than 3-4 old cars there when I was walking through the lot. laugh2
The mix was at least 50/50 old and new, but may have been closer to 60% old and 40% new.

Was there late model stuff???
Yes, since that's what some people DROVE to the Nats.
Driving a late model muscle car that gets over 20 mpg meant that people could actually afford to go to the event with $4-$5 a gallon gas.

Most of the old car owners trailer their cars there, very few drive them that far.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol