08/09/22 01:00 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Originally Posted by Dragula
Heard they were filming an episode....Sure hope it wasn't done for ratings....Prayers sent...

Pretty sure I addressed that. Yes they were filming it was race 8 of the 9 on tap for filming Sunday. Dont understand you last comment about for ratings. I woudl hope they dont air it but who knows. Certainly wasn't done for ratings that would be ludicrous statement.

FWIW the story was sold to TMZ by someone who was there, and NO ONE is happy about it. Only reason I am saying anything is its already out there

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: pittsburghracer] #3066675
08/09/22 09:21 PM
08/09/22 09:21 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
Some people have no couth.

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3066715
08/10/22 12:33 AM
08/10/22 12:33 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Is there any truth to the allegation that he didn't have a helmet on?
I have seen drivers ejected out of all kinds of race cars at the track, drag and circle as well as off road racing, in crashes due to not having the belts or harness straps tight enough to keep them in the car, STUPID that IS tsk

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Cab_Burge] #3066751
08/10/22 09:07 AM
08/10/22 09:07 AM
PA
moparacer Offline
top fuel
moparacer  Offline
top fuel

PA
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I am under the impression that Discovery made sure that there are paramedics present at all of their shows that the cars are racing on.
I'm wondering if they will start to have firefighters present from now on work luck
It is really too bad he got killed, may God have mercy on his soul: luck:

The amount of money they are making off the show there should be fire and rescue on scene that makes NHRA envious Cab. Especially when they are filming out in the middle of nowhere.

And especially after all the wrecks that racers have survived.

Like others I have been worried and waiting for something like that to happen for years.

Just sad that it did.

RIP

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174
Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Cab_Burge] #3066793
08/10/22 11:59 AM
08/10/22 11:59 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
He had a helmet on when he left the line.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3066803
08/10/22 01:07 PM
08/10/22 01:07 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I see people on cars racing shows on T.V. that the driver puts the helmet on and doesn't fasten the chin strap, that is really stupid tsk
I have also seen a driver get hurt really bad in a drag race crash that flip the car over and over and then endo before stopping, the driver stayed in the car in the harness, but his helmet came off and his head hit the roll bar hard enough to turn him into a vegetable shock: whiney:
He was a good racer and a nice guy that made one mistake: work: whiney

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Cab_Burge] #3066857
08/10/22 04:14 PM
08/10/22 04:14 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I see people on cars racing shows on T.V. that the driver puts the helmet on and doesn't fasten the chin strap, that is really stupid :tsk:
I have also seen a driver get hurt really bad in a drag race crash that flip the car over and over and then endo before stopping, the driver stayed in the car in the harness, but his helmet came off and his head hit the roll bar hard enough to turn him into a vegetable shock: whiney:
He was a good racer and a nice guy that made one mistake: work: whiney

I've seen that at the track too, wanna be Darwin award winners.

My buddy had a 5.60 (1/8) Omni/Charger several years ago, he got into something on the track at the big end. The car made an abrupt turn across the other lane and smacked the wall. I talked with him a few days later and his neck was the only thing really sore. He had a collar on and to this day thinks if he hadn't, it would've broken his neck. My car isn't really fast, mid-high 6.20's (1/8), but after his wreck I ordered a collar, when I'm at the track the collar goes on after my helmet.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3067343
08/12/22 01:11 PM
08/12/22 01:11 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Didn't want to say much about it but it was a bad deal. Not sure TMZ is the place to announce it but its out there now. Happened Sunday AM while filming. Car was all over the road on the pass at the end he went off the road into through a ditch car started to roll and burst into flames. He was gone by the time they got to him. Word was without his helmet on, not sure how that would have happened. All I can wish is maybe he was gone before the fire took his life.I can say he uses barbell weights on the rear bars of the cage and they are slid in place. No matter a horrible way to go and the road they film on here is a terrible piece of road. Rumor is filming may be done and they may not show any of the Americas list small tire stuff. But just a rumor. RIP Ryan Fellows.......

Giuseppe and I ran Chris Michael's car at this race 2 years ago. This was the race where Brandon crashed the second time. This was far and away the most dangerous racing event I've ever been a part of. I told Giuseppe that I would never do that again. We were invited to this one but we both immediately opted out. First there's the "racing" surface. It's barely adequate for getting in and out of the power plant much less for 150 MPH racing. Then there's the glaring lack of emergency equipment. They've gotten away with this before but it was just a matter of time. I can say a lot more but since I am still a part of the NPK stuff for Pilgrim I will not say it now.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: BobR] #3067352
08/12/22 01:36 PM
08/12/22 01:36 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Originally Posted by BobR
[quote=Al_Alguire]Giuseppe and I ran Chris Michael's car at this race 2 years ago. This was the race where Brandon crashed the second time. This was far and away the most dangerous racing event I've ever been a part of. I told Giuseppe that I would never do that again. We were invited to this one but we both immediately opted out. First there's the "racing" surface. It's barely adequate for getting in and out of the power plant much less for 150 MPH racing. Then there's the glaring lack of emergency equipment. They've gotten away with this before but it was just a matter of time. I can say a lot more but since I am still a part of the NPK stuff for Pilgrim I will not say it now.

I would agree with all that. Apparently they did not secure a filming permit, basically it is to ensure proper insurance is in place for the activities planned, according to county officials, yet they had a permit to close the road from NDOT. That permit is only issued if a film permit is issued, its a requirement for it. But the county officials said there was no film permit issued or even applied for, so someone has something wrong. I do know NV OSHA is now investigating FWIW. So I'm sure this whole deal is not over yet for anyone.

As for that road it is horrific. Always has been there are plenty of much better spots here for that kind of stuff if a person chooses, hell the usual local spot is just a short distance away. Yet they continue to try and use it. Playing with fire for sure, not to mention the times they have chosen to film here are not exactly ideal. In the middle of summer or winter neither of which are great. be interesting to see how this all unfolds with the process going forward.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3067356
08/12/22 02:00 PM
08/12/22 02:00 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Al, are they racing on the old highway to AZ and UT., Nellis Blvd, past Nellis AFB ?

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Cab_Burge] #3067460
08/12/22 08:24 PM
08/12/22 08:24 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
N on the 15, exit at 93 where the Loves is. Follow frontage road west of the 15 north and you can see the “track”.

Last edited by J_BODY; 08/12/22 08:34 PM.
Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: J_BODY] #3067816
08/14/22 11:50 AM
08/14/22 11:50 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Originally Posted by J_BODY
N on the 15, exit at 93 where the Loves is. Follow frontage road west of tYephe 15 north and you can see the “track”.

Yep. Sand, shoulder drops and a very narrow "racing" surface.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3067817
08/14/22 11:53 AM
08/14/22 11:53 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
[quote=Al_Alguire]Giuseppe and I ran Chris Michael's car at this race 2 years ago. This was the race where Brandon crashed the second time. This was far and away the most dangerous racing event I've ever been a part of. I told Giuseppe that I would never do that again. We were invited to this one but we both immediately opted out. First there's the "racing" surface. It's barely adequate for getting in and out of the power plant much less for 150 MPH racing. Then there's the glaring lack of emergency equipment. They've gotten away with this before but it was just a matter of time. I can say a lot more but since I am still a part of the NPK stuff for Pilgrim I will not say it now.

I would agree with all that. Apparently they did not secure a filming permit, basically it is to ensure proper insurance is in place for the activities planned, according to county officials, yet they had a permit to close the road from NDOT. That permit is only issued if a film permit is issued, its a requirement for it. But the county officials said there was no film permit issued or even applied for, so someone has something wrong. I do know NV OSHA is now investigating FWIW. So I'm sure this whole deal is not over yet for anyone.

As for that road it is horrific. Always has been there are plenty of much better spots here for that kind of stuff if a person chooses, hell the usual local spot is just a short distance away. Yet they continue to try and use it. Playing with fire for sure, not to mention the times they have chosen to film here are not exactly ideal. In the middle of summer or winter neither of which are great. be interesting to see how this all unfolds with the process going forward.

The lack of permitting part is interesting and could be fatal for ever doing this kind of race in Vegas again.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: BobR] #3067846
08/14/22 01:38 PM
08/14/22 01:38 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Here is a link to the news story about the lack of film permit. Be interesting to see how this all is handled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/news...ight-leading-to-deadly-crash/ar-AA10xvg5

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3067890
08/14/22 03:31 PM
08/14/22 03:31 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Here is a link to the news story about the lack of film permit. Be interesting to see how this all is handled.

That could get ugly.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: BobR] #3067898
08/14/22 04:05 PM
08/14/22 04:05 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky

That could get ugly.

May be a very costly mistake.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: justinp61] #3067980
08/14/22 08:14 PM
08/14/22 08:14 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
If the DOT Nevada gave them permission, the $45 filming permit really doesn't mean squat. What does filming have to do with safety equipment or racing? Nothing. Not saying the location or lack of any safety equipment doesn't have any bearing on this. To be honest I'm surprised someone hasn't died sooner. I feel for the family. But I would never race without good guard rail and safety equipment. But I'm a sissy.
Doug

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: dvw] #3067990
08/14/22 08:49 PM
08/14/22 08:49 PM
Ambridge, Pa.
R
rickraw Offline
top fuel
rickraw  Offline
top fuel
R

Ambridge, Pa.
But a smart sissy lol.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: dvw] #3068160
08/15/22 01:15 PM
08/15/22 01:15 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Originally Posted by dvw
If the DOT Nevada gave them permission, the $45 filming permit really doesn't mean squat. What does filming have to do with safety equipment or racing? Nothing. Not saying the location or lack of any safety equipment doesn't have any bearing on this. To be honest I'm surprised someone hasn't died sooner. I feel for the family. But I would never race without good guard rail and safety equipment. But I'm a sissy.
Doug
Then why have the stipulation? From what I understand it's supposed to insure proper safety precautions have been taken. Yes...this may be nothing. I just don't know how Clark County sees it.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: dvw] #3068162
08/15/22 01:17 PM
08/15/22 01:17 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
The film permit is REQUIRED when a road closure permit is issued. The film permit makes sure that the production company has adequate insurance to cover the proposed activities. Pilgrim never received or even applied for the film permit, it appears they simply got their road closure permit and proceeded with filming. Lots of movies, commercials and TV shows film in Las Vegas and Clarke county. They are all required to apply for and receive a $45 permit to film. It is as much a formality as anything else, but they do ensure that adequate insurance is in place. Having apparently skipped that part of the process has now gotten the county and state looking at the entire operation and I would imagine will put future filing here in jeopardy. Or they will get fined and move on but since filming these shows is not bringing a lot of money into the town they may just not be allowed to continue. Most guys stay in air BNB's They have stopped all filming out here for now. What it will mean long term who knows. Probably not much other than some lawsuits and possibly the loss of this location as they have lost others.

Also heard through the grapevine that there was no production team on site for last weekends NPK race at Tulsa. Supposedly they suffered a loss in the group is what I was told. Who knows. I find it hard to believe they would not be filming the show when the race happened. But I heard someone connected to the show had passed.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3