G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire

Also heard through the grapevine that there was no production team on site for last weekends NPK race at Tulsa. Supposedly they suffered a loss in the group is what I was told. Who knows. I find it hard to believe they would not be filming the show when the race happened. But I heard someone connected to the show had passed.

Yeah, someone mentioned Swanstrom wouldn't get points for the win and it had something to do with the death of the shows creator. Was highly confused on that.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: GY3] #3068449
08/16/22 11:44 AM
08/16/22 11:44 AM
Bowler Wisconsin
Smoparmike Offline
enthusiast
Smoparmike  Offline
enthusiast

Bowler Wisconsin
One of the producers. No filming or points. Still paid out the money

Re: Street Outlaws racer dies in crash [Re: Al_Alguire] #3069533
08/19/22 12:12 PM
08/19/22 12:12 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
The film permit is REQUIRED when a road closure permit is issued. The film permit makes sure that the production company has adequate insurance to cover the proposed activities. Pilgrim never received or even applied for the film permit, it appears they simply got their road closure permit and proceeded with filming. Lots of movies, commercials and TV shows film in Las Vegas and Clarke county. They are all required to apply for and receive a $45 permit to film. It is as much a formality as anything else, but they do ensure that adequate insurance is in place. Having apparently skipped that part of the process has now gotten the county and state looking at the entire operation and I would imagine will put future filing here in jeopardy. Or they will get fined and move on but since filming these shows is not bringing a lot of money into the town they may just not be allowed to continue. Most guys stay in air BNB's They have stopped all filming out here for now. What it will mean long term who knows. Probably not much other than some lawsuits and possibly the loss of this location as they have lost others.

Also heard through the grapevine that there was no production team on site for last weekends NPK race at Tulsa. Supposedly they suffered a loss in the group is what I was told. Who knows. I find it hard to believe they would not be filming the show when the race happened. But I heard someone connected to the show had passed.
Mike Hellman, one of the production managers for Pilgrim, passed in his sleep at the hotel where he was staying for the Tulsa shoot. Because of this none of the race was officially recorded for broadcast. Mike was our "guy" when we ran the entire series season 3.He'd come to get us when it was time then concert the pit filming between rounds. He was a great guy and we will miss him. I cannot speculate how or if this is at all related to the driver being killed just days earlier. On the surface I'd say no connection but it was odd they cancelled filming.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3