07/17/22 09:25 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
There are no Mopar only shows anywhere near me. Just a small handful of local "every make" shows every summer, coinciding with small town "festivals" or "heritage days"...since I'm in a very rural area.
But I have been attending Mopar only shows, and all make shows for over 45 years....one thing I can't stand is participant judging in any show. You all know the reasons why. All the "cliques" get together and vote for themselves, which to me is ridiculous. It's a shame you are gonna vote for your buddy's car...or even your own car, in this scenario, when there might be another vehicle that is well deserved of recognition! The very last Mopar only show I did bring a car to... had this going on the entire day, which is why it was the last one I will attend sadly.

Very true...
Here is SoCal we have multiple shows and a few Mopar only...
But 1 of the bigger, more popular shows open to all makes is put on the local tri-5 chevy boys..
They do a creditable job putting on a good show, but @ award time don't see many going to a Mopar or Ford...
Why bother when the chevies are all lined up with the hoods open, they are all running the same chrome accessories like valve covers, air cleaners, billet hinges all purchased from Danchuck... smile

Just my $0.02... wink

Re: What's your take on local Mopar shows? [Re: Sinitro] #3060067
07/18/22 12:44 AM
07/18/22 12:44 AM
Va. Beach, Va
69superbee383 Offline
master
69superbee383  Offline
master

Va. Beach, Va
I go back to 1976 with Mopars. I was 16 and worked at the local Plymouth dealer after school doing new car prep, clean up and whatever. The late 60’s early 70’s muscle were already wearing out, beat up and flogged and considered “ gas guzzlers “ relegated to the back of the lot. So I picked up a 73 340 Duster that already had rust in the quarters for 750 and my journey began. Keep in mind most of what we consider the “ old muscle “ back then was new stuff. So when we went to car shows the “ geezers “ those guys in their 30’s and 40’s were running lead sleds, tri fives, and t buckets. And they wanted nothing to do with us young punks in our new cars. Sound familiar?

It wasn’t we didn’t like the old stuff it was just most was priced out of our reach and the new stuff like R/T Chargers, Roadrunners and Cudas were plentiful and cheap so that’s what we went with. Fast forward to today. The kids drive the new Challengers, Chargers, Mustangs and Camaros. The now “ classic “ muscle we used to pick up cheap are now far out of their reach and now in many case just as in our day the geezers look down on them and the new stuff.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

77 Macho Power Wagon LWB factory 440 70 Coronet 440 N code 3 speed
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3