Central Pa
M
moparjim79 Offline
pro stock
moparjim79  Offline
pro stock
M

Central Pa
Maytag owner here. I bought it with an extended warranty for 5 years. The month it was about to expire, the board went out. I promptly renewed the warranty and it was replaced no charge, no hassle. Thats when the nightmare began. For the next 2 years, every month something would fail. We would place a call, the problem was fixed, life was good for a month. Every single component with the exception of the pump assembly was replaced. After the rebuild its been great again. Mom has a Bosch, says it was way too much money- but its the best dishwasher she's ever had.

Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: moparjim79] #3057174
07/07/22 02:43 PM
07/07/22 02:43 PM
Tulsa, Oklahoma
340Cuda Offline
master
340Cuda  Offline
master

Tulsa, Oklahoma
We have had a Bosch Dishwasher for a couple of years and love it.

I used to manage some duplexes and I started using Bosch dishwashers in those also on the recommendation of a service tech.

I think the only service call I had on one was a clogged filter and that was under warranty.

At home we also have a Bosch Side Door double oven which my wife loves.

Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: 340Cuda] #3057289
07/07/22 09:46 PM
07/07/22 09:46 PM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota
in the prior 28 years, we had been through several dishwashers. KitchenAid, whirlpool, ge,. They all kind of did the job, but my wife always had to wash the dishes off pretty good before she put them in the dishwasher. I made sure that we have a good flow of hot, soft water. My comment to her was always if you have to wash the dishes first, why even have a dishwasher? So we always did a bunch of research and looked up what Consumer Reports had to say and all of that stuff before we would buy a new dishwasher, but we were always disappointed.
Then 8-1/2 year sago we finally got a Bosch shx68t52uc. We are so impressed with it! Now for the first time ever, Sheila never ever rinses the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I don't care if it's baked on cake, dried out oat meal, whatever. This thing gets it clean. And it's so quiet you can barely tell it's running. In eight and a half years we have had not one single problem or repair or any issues whatsoever. I would very highly recommend it to anybody!

Edit: btw, And I think this is very important, we have it plugged into a high quality surge protector. You need that with all these electronic gizmos and power outages and surges and stuff.

Last edited by Hemi_Joel; 07/07/22 09:48 PM.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"
Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: Hemi_Joel] #3057349
07/08/22 07:52 AM
07/08/22 07:52 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
in the prior 28 years, we had been through several dishwashers. KitchenAid, whirlpool, ge,. They all kind of did the job, but my wife always had to wash the dishes off pretty good before she put them in the dishwasher. I made sure that we have a good flow of hot, soft water. My comment to her was always if you have to wash the dishes first, why even have a dishwasher? So we always did a bunch of research and looked up what Consumer Reports had to say and all of that stuff before we would buy a new dishwasher, but we were always disappointed.
Then 8-1/2 year sago we finally got a Bosch shx68t52uc. We are so impressed with it! Now for the first time ever, Sheila never ever rinses the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I don't care if it's baked on cake, dried out oat meal, whatever. This thing gets it clean. And it's so quiet you can barely tell it's running. In eight and a half years we have had not one single problem or repair or any issues whatsoever. I would very highly recommend it to anybody!

Edit: btw, And I think this is very important, we have it plugged into a high quality surge protector. You need that with all these electronic gizmos and power outages and surges and stuff.

My test has been, will it get peanut butter off a butter knife. My wife will put the knife straight into the dishwasher with peanut butter on it and so far none of the dishwashers have won that challenge.

Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: wingman] #3057372
07/08/22 10:55 AM
07/08/22 10:55 AM
Loudoun County, VA
Brad_Haak Offline
super stock
Brad_Haak  Offline
super stock

Loudoun County, VA
Originally Posted by wingman
I'm 90% sure our Kitchen Aid dishwasher is a Whirlpool under the skin. So far so good. Cleans WAY better, is WAY quieter, and holds WAY more than the old one in the same space.

Just checked and our recent (w/in last year or two?) purchase is a Kitchen Aid. As you said, cleans well (especially on "TOUGH" setting) and is surprising quiet. The only thing I don't like is I'd have designed the silverware holder differently. And, yes, it does take longer to run a full cycle than our old one.

As others have said, the state of today's appliances is sad. We've held off on new washer & dryer because the reviews indicate there's a high percentage of them that have issues w/ their electronics. The change in washers to "high efficiency" designs also seems to translate into "they don't clean as well now". It's the worst of both worlds: more complex and less reliable.

2021 Challenger 6.4L Scat Pack 1320 (2022)
100% stock: 1.680, 11.894 at 113.75 (DA 175 ft)
wheels, tires, air filter: 1.714, 11.833 at 115.80 (DA 310 ft)

1973 Challenger 452 ci street/strip (2008)
pump gas, DOT radials: 1.454, 10.523 at 126.44 (DA 514 ft)
Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: Sniper] #3057379
07/08/22 11:33 AM
07/08/22 11:33 AM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Originally Posted by Sniper

My test has been, will it get peanut butter off a butter knife. My wife will put the knife straight into the dishwasher with peanut butter on it and so far none of the dishwashers have won that challenge.
I have similar test with my dog....long story

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: Sniper] #3057381
07/08/22 11:38 AM
07/08/22 11:38 AM
boston mass-moving to long isl...
M
massdaytona Offline
mopar
massdaytona  Offline
mopar
M

boston mass-moving to long isl...
inf.

bingo... mine toooo... my wife just puts the knife in the dishwasher and 9 times out of 10, there is still residue left.... i saw on this old house an appliance guy saying that to help give the dishwasher a boost, he turns on the faucet hot water b4 starting the dishwasher ... and he said that todays drying cycle is not as efficient as days gone by.... energy efficiency ....

Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: massdaytona] #3057393
07/08/22 12:30 PM
07/08/22 12:30 PM
Tulsa OK
Bad340fish Offline
master
Bad340fish  Offline
master

Tulsa OK
Originally Posted by massdaytona
inf.

bingo... mine toooo... my wife just puts the knife in the dishwasher and 9 times out of 10, there is still residue left.... i saw on this old house an appliance guy saying that to help give the dishwasher a boost, he turns on the faucet hot water b4 starting the dishwasher ... and he said that todays drying cycle is not as efficient as days gone by.... energy efficiency ....

Mine doesn't have a heating element in it. The plus side to that is you can put anything anywhere in it, no worries about plastic stuff on the bottom shelf. The downside is stuff doesn't get as dry but that isn't a big deal.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340
87 "Chrysler" Conquest
Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: 67vertman] #3057564
07/08/22 11:55 PM
07/08/22 11:55 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Originally Posted by 67vertman
I like our Jenn-air, it is made in the USA! Another American made brand is Viking.

If you want to do your homework on them, sign up and read up at consumer affairs or consumer reports.

Jenn Air is whirlpool. Not sure who makes Viking.

I want my fair share
Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: SomeCarGuy] #3057584
07/09/22 02:55 AM
07/09/22 02:55 AM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline OP
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline OP
master

Highland, MI.
Well, finished the install tonight & I have a load of dishes going. I'll say this, this GE is a much lighter-duty dishwasher (cheaper) than our old Kitchen Aid, & the Kitchen Aid was maybe 13 years old. Everything about it is light duty. I also don't like the way the racks load - I could not really tell this in the store. In this thread now since I bought the GE, there are a lot of positive comments about the Bosh - I didn't even look at them because I have read & heard for many years they are problem-prone. Well, when this one finally fails, I'll be taking a close look at the Bosch.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: New Dishwasher Advice Needed! [Re: Sunroofcuda] #3057624
07/09/22 11:14 AM
07/09/22 11:14 AM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Hopefully the GE will go the distance. My last Kitchen aid went ~ 15 years but we at the time we were extremely limited due to our elected officials mad We'll see how the Bosch does long term beer

Page 2 of 2 1 2