Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: Sniper] #3057043
07/07/22 09:27 AM
07/07/22 09:27 AM
Almost Heaven
B
Bob Stinson Offline
super stock
Bob Stinson  Offline
super stock
B

Almost Heaven
Originally Posted by Sniper

One of my neighbors was waging war on squirrels, with a .22. They put him in jail for 5 years for that one. But we actually enforce our laws out here.

We had a neighbor that was getting squirrels in the attic. So instead of fixing the hole they were using to get in, he hired a guy to shoot them and paid him some amount per squirrel. There are thousands of them here.

That caused another neighbor to call the DNR, and when they came out they found a recently killed deer, which in turn caused them to take the guy's guns until he stood before a magistrate for a good old fashioned wrist slapping.

69 road runner A12 ex-racer
71 Duster w/ a 400

Shiny paint causes stress.
Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: Bob Stinson] #3057045
07/07/22 09:31 AM
07/07/22 09:31 AM
Arlington, Texas
B
bobby66 Offline
master
bobby66  Offline
master
B

Arlington, Texas

"Shall not be infringed!" boogie

Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: bobby66] #3057051
07/07/22 10:04 AM
07/07/22 10:04 AM
SW Ohio
C
cgall Offline
top fuel
cgall  Offline
top fuel
C

SW Ohio
I live near Cincinnati. In the city limits they have a "Shot spotter" detection system that can pinpoint where a shot was fired. Last year over 20,000 shots were detected. The police can't possibly investigate all of them. Last year only 54% of shootings were solved. Meanwhile in my neighborhood where I have been for 24 years, I have never heard of a shooting. This is a terrible cultural problem that no one wants to address.

Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: cgall] #3057102
07/07/22 12:24 PM
07/07/22 12:24 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline OP
I Live Here
71TA  Offline OP
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by cgall
I live near Cincinnati. In the city limits they have a "Shot spotter" detection system that can pinpoint where a shot was fired. Last year over 20,000 shots were detected. The police can't possibly investigate all of them. Last year only 54% of shootings were solved. Meanwhile in my neighborhood where I have been for 24 years, I have never heard of a shooting. This is a terrible cultural problem that no one wants to address.

Shhhh. Not allowed to speak the truth like that now a days.

Last night at 10:50 my Nest camera "heard" a couple gunshots CLOSE to my business (that reminds me, I have to check my building for holes). Then 10 min later I heard another CLOSE, then a police SUV drove by. So they were in the area, probably because someone heard gunshots.

Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: 71TA] #3057132
07/07/22 01:24 PM
07/07/22 01:24 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
4TH of July, some fireworks sound like bombs, some sound like shots shruggy
When we move up here to Bend in 2005, I use to hear a lot of gunshots, mainly high power rifles at night a lot during that summer leaving the bedroom windows open to help cool the house down, not so much anymore.
There are a lot of deer around here, they walk through our yard regularly, I'm not sure if someone was harvesting them or not shruggy work
There are still a lot of deer around here even after no more shooting at night shruggy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #3057156
07/07/22 02:02 PM
07/07/22 02:02 PM
Nebraska
4406bbl Offline
top fuel
4406bbl  Offline
top fuel

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
You really have no reason not to turn that video in. Give him some notoriety with the cops.

Or the guy figures it out and 50 cents worth of gasoline destroys the op-s business.

Some things are just as they are and some are best just to move past.

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
You really have no reason not to turn that video in. Give him some notoriety with the cops. That matters more than you think since he’s going to keep being a pos that will attract attention and the more his face pops up, the more likely they are to hassle him.

I would not turn the video in unless they damaged your property bad. I had the same [censored] go down, bunch of folks of color, smoking weed and drinking at a house close by my business. The next night they came back and robbed the white guy in the house, took his money and drugs, beat his ass and took his handgun. Police detectives noticed my cameras and said there was a serious crime and they wanted to review it. I said fk no, I have to live here and they only fkd with him, anyway turns out the beat up guy and even he would not press charges anyway. Never get involved with gun play unless you are affected, so many of these peeps are so drugged up you will be hurt. I support the police, but know when it is time to mind my own business. The detective gave me no info on what happened, I knocked on the dudes door and asked why the cops are after me because of you? Even if they throw the azzholes in jail they will figure out thru their lawyer who had the film and come back. In the end he met up with a nice girl, changed, and has become a great neighbor, go figure.

Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #3057320
07/08/22 12:11 AM
07/08/22 12:11 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
You really have no reason not to turn that video in. Give him some notoriety with the cops.

Or the guy figures it out and 50 cents worth of gasoline destroys the op-s business.

Some things are just as they are and some are best just to move past.

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
You really have no reason not to turn that video in. Give him some notoriety with the cops. That matters more than you think since he’s going to keep being a pos that will attract attention and the more his face pops up, the more likely they are to hassle him.

Then we will continue to have these things happen. Apathy is a nasty disease. Leads us to where we are today. I was the one that pushed getting a jerky kid in trouble for busting up one of my buildings. He had been enabled by his grandmother his whole life. Nobody put a foot down until then. He had caused all sorts of Meghan around town I learned. Well not today mister.

My dad was one bad dude. He always said “never be afraid of what somebody MIGHT do.” My favorite example was the day he went off on a guy that had lied about his experience operating a material handler. Guy worked on a crew cutting down trees for us. He flipped the thing over the first hour doing something he definitely shouldn’t have. The owner of that company freaked out and told us the kid carried a knife and was all pissed about his being talked to. Dad said “tell him to bring it here so I can cut his heart out with it.” Never heard a word from that guy.

Point is, if you don’t like this kind of bs, don’t participate in it or complain. Take action. Or cower and pretend everything is ok.

I want my fair share
Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: 71TA] #3057371
07/08/22 10:50 AM
07/08/22 10:50 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
My Dad said it best.

"Rich, the world is full of azzholes."

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: 4406bbl] #3057407
07/08/22 01:13 PM
07/08/22 01:13 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
If you do nothing now it will only get worse, they don't respect or fear those that do nothing when their breaking the laws tsk work
Make the call now twocents

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: Cab_Burge] #3057427
07/08/22 02:37 PM
07/08/22 02:37 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline OP
I Live Here
71TA  Offline OP
I Live Here

Warren, MI
We used to live on a border city to Detroit. Our house about 5 block east of the border. Our shop is 1 mile north of the border.

We sold our house and closed last Mon. Last fall we purchased a house on an island with a community of 1500 basically retirees. Its heaven. Except for boat noise, duck hunters and vicious mosquitoes after 9:30pm smile. Now we need to move our shop it appears. Our company is family and friends. Trying to convince everyone to GET THE HELL AWAY from Detroit.

Just got a ring doorbell crime notice from tge old neighborhood that, how can I say this politely, people that dont live in that neighborhood were breaking into the cars this morning about 5:30AM. I don’t remember that ever happening there. Ever. Also a neighbor was “jacked” while jogging!?!?! Looks like for once in our lives we sold high and exited at the right time.

Re: Rocket scientist shooting gun in MY BUSINESS parking lot [Re: 71TA] #3057437
07/08/22 03:07 PM
07/08/22 03:07 PM
State of Confusion
hp383 Offline
Just a normal tag again
hp383  Offline
Just a normal tag again

State of Confusion
Did anyone else see the light orbs flying through the frame?

Maybe he was shooting at UFOs

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!
Page 2 of 2 1 2