Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Wow, sorry to hear on both, but glad you got in early on the Covid, as those who don't have a much longer recovery.
Out of curiosity had you gotten both vac's ? My brother and his wife did not and they both got it. He got it first, and she had symptoms but they didn't / wouldn't test her. He recovered quickly about 90% in a week, she's at about 75% after 6 weeks frown

Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: TJP] #3050735
06/15/22 01:10 PM
06/15/22 01:10 PM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
Originally Posted by TJP
Wow, sorry to hear on both, but glad you got in early on the Covid, as those who don't have a much longer recovery.
Out of curiosity had you gotten both vac's ? My brother and his wife did not and they both got it. He got it first, and she had symptoms but they didn't / wouldn't test her. He recovered quickly about 90% in a week, she's at about 75% after 6 weeks frown

Nope, no vax. My wife can't have it and I took the risk on the disease for which there are treatments vs. side effect to the vax for which there are no treatments. This decision was made after a consultation with my doctor. Every doctor and nurse that asked me at the hospital had nothing to say when I said no to the question. This was after my first thought of let others be the guinea pig and observing and reading.

Covid symptoms are virtually gone now after four days. The only pain from the surgery is the one little incision where they removed the gallbladder. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good.

Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: VS29H0B] #3050846
06/15/22 10:34 PM
06/15/22 10:34 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline

San Jose,CA
Dang Jim, no wonder I didn't see you at the show. Bummed you got the double whammy. Get better, get some rest, drink your juice and build up your enthusiasm for the next event.

Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: Jim_Lusk] #3051511
06/18/22 02:14 PM
06/18/22 02:14 PM
LC Valley - Idaho
GB5andGY8 Offline
mopar
GB5andGY8  Offline
mopar

LC Valley - Idaho
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Wound up having to miss it. Woke up Sunday morning (we were staying at the Larkspur Landing in Sunnyvale) with a high fever. Got some more sleep, fever broke, so we headed back home around 9am. First job, Covid test. Positive. I had picked it up in the ER Friday morning where I had gone with a bad gallbladder attack. Back top ER yesterday, EARLY (about 1am) with another gallbladder attack. Had surgery and made it home around 4pm. Feeling much better. Worst (or best) thing is that the Covid has been VERY mild. Now to recover from everything.

Hey Jim. Sorry to hear you got sick. I bought some '71 B-body stuff from you a long time ago, but I'm sure you don't remember me because it was back when you could still find some stuff at the local Pick and Pull.

Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: GB5andGY8] #3051638
06/19/22 06:08 AM
06/19/22 06:08 AM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
migsBIG  Offline

San Jose,CA
Originally Posted by GB5andGY8
I'm not sure whether someone from the club will be posting pics, but here are a few from the show this past weekend.

Gil who was the club photographer retired completely, sold his hemi mopar and moved out of the area. The guy wo owns the club online site has control of the publishing, has not posted anything due to a server issue of some sort. Thank you for posting pics of what cars you had, it was very nice of you. Sadly, we need more volunteers for the club. in the last 30 years, 18 senior members passed away, 25 got out of california and another 7 out due to medical, leaving 10 persons to work the show. I expect changes to next ears car show event.

Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: GB5andGY8] #3051678
06/19/22 10:38 AM
06/19/22 10:38 AM
Mesa, Arizona
D
dart4forte Offline
I Live Here
dart4forte  Offline
I Live Here
D

Mesa, Arizona
Wound up having to miss it. Woke up Sunday morning (we were staying at the Larkspur Landing in Sunnyvale) with a high fever. Got some more sleep, fever broke, so we headed back home around 9am. First job, Covid test. Positive. I had picked it up in the ER Friday morning where I had gone with a bad gallbladder attack. Back top ER yesterday, EARLY (about 1am) with another gallbladder attack. Had surgery and made it home around 4pm. Feeling much better. Worst (or best) thing is that the Covid has been VERY mild. Now to recover from everything.

Hey Jim. Sorry to hear you got sick. I bought some '71 B-body stuff from you a long time ago, but I'm sure you don't remember me because it was back when you could still find some stuff at the local Pick and Pull.

Herd Immunity

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln
Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: migsBIG] #3051717
06/19/22 01:28 PM
06/19/22 01:28 PM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Originally Posted by migsBIG
I'm not sure whether someone from the club will be posting pics, but here are a few from the show this past weekend.

Gil who was the club photographer retired completely, sold his hemi mopar and moved out of the area. The guy wo owns the club online site has control of the publishing, has not posted anything due to a server issue of some sort. Thank you for posting pics of what cars you had, it was very nice of you. Sadly, we need more volunteers for the club. in the last 30 years, 18 senior members passed away, 25 got out of california and another 7 out due to medical, leaving 10 persons to work the show. I expect changes to next ears car show event.

This surprises me. The Bay area has a LOT more people than the Sacramento area has so I would expect to see you guys have more members than we have. I have been a member of the Capital City Mopars since 2003. We have had a few pass away but far more just drop out of the club as their interests change. Ten people to staff the show? Holy crap....we'd be buried and yelled at by everyone if that is all we had!

Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: Kern Dog] #3051963
06/20/22 11:59 AM
06/20/22 11:59 AM
Northern California
lilcuda Offline OP
super stock
lilcuda  Offline OP
super stock

Northern California
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by migsBIG

This surprises me. The Bay area has a LOT more people than the Sacramento area has so I would expect to see you guys have more members than we have. I have been a member of the Capital City Mopars since 2003. We have had a few pass away but far more just drop out of the club as their interests change. Ten people to staff the show? Holy crap....we'd be buried and yelled at by everyone if that is all we had!

Yes, there are more people in the Bay Area, but the majority of them are only interested in money, their cell phones, Teslas and themselves.

BTW, Jim, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Last edited by lilcuda; 06/20/22 11:59 AM.

'67 is an abbreviation of 1967
67' is an abbreviation of 67 feet
They are not interchangeable.
Re: Mopar Alley show June 12th, 2022 in Cupertino, CA [Re: dart4forte] #3052834
06/23/22 09:57 PM
06/23/22 09:57 PM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
Originally Posted by dart4forte

Herd Immunity

Yeah, that occurred to me, but I felt like crap and being out in the sun would have made me feel worse. At that point taking the 2-1/2 drive home was all I could muster.

Page 2 of 2 1 2