08/29/21 11:19 PM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Originally Posted by moparmarks
If out of the weather bare metal does not rust very much in 5-10% humidity which is what we have here.

Same out here. The humidity is higher than that here but we don't get the rust you'd see where it rains or snows more.

Re: Macho Power Wagon Questionl [Re: MuscleMopars] #2958927
08/30/21 08:01 AM
08/30/21 08:01 AM
Southern Alberta
Uberpube Offline
mopar
Uberpube  Offline
mopar

Southern Alberta
Originally Posted by MuscleMopars
Originally Posted by Uberpube
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
If all 70's truck started rusting almost immediately there wouldn't be any around now without some intervention within a few years of new. They'd have completely rusted away by now. But there are some that are original body and even paint that have not withered away with rust such as my '79 from California. Yes cars and trucks from that era and of most makes were prone to rust but luckily many are "survivors".

Mine was considered a " survivor" . There just isn't much point into pumping 15-20k into the outside resto when you know rust is lurking within. This truck could have been prettied up and been nice 9/10 for another 5-8 years before the rust made itself known in the structure again. I'm in for another 8k over the origianl resto guestimate, but I will not only have a truly rust free truck but also a rust resistant truck. It's treated, sealed and rhino lined inside and out, as I intend to use it year round. It will now outlast me.

Sorry to inform you but if you intend to use your truck year round it will not last in your climate. Tiny rock chips and metal welds stressing will invite rust in no time and you will quickly be back in the same position before you started. That is just the unfortunate reality using a steel vehicle year round in a harsh climate...

Have you ever seen rhino liner?

Re: Macho Power Wagon Questionl [Re: Uberpube] #2958947
08/30/21 09:35 AM
08/30/21 09:35 AM
North Central USA (MN-WI area)
MuscleMopars Offline OP
master
MuscleMopars  Offline OP
master

North Central USA (MN-WI area)
Originally Posted by MuscleMopars
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
If all 70's truck started rusting almost immediately there wouldn't be any around now without some intervention within a few years of new. They'd have completely rusted away by now. But there are some that are original body and even paint that have not withered away with rust such as my '79 from California. Yes cars and trucks from that era and of most makes were prone to rust but luckily many are "survivors".

Mine was considered a " survivor" . There just isn't much point into pumping 15-20k into the outside resto when you know rust is lurking within. This truck could have been prettied up and been nice 9/10 for another 5-8 years before the rust made itself known in the structure again. I'm in for another 8k over the origianl resto guestimate, but I will not only have a truly rust free truck but also a rust resistant truck. It's treated, sealed and rhino lined inside and out, as I intend to use it year round. It will now outlast me.

Sorry to inform you but if you intend to use your truck year round it will not last in your climate. Tiny rock chips and metal welds stressing will invite rust in no time and you will quickly be back in the same position before you started. That is just the unfortunate reality using a steel vehicle year round in a harsh climate...

Have you ever seen rhino liner?

Yes, of course. I’ve been in the Autobody industry for over 35 years. Rhino liner has its place but it will chip, and it will scratch, and it will crack I hope your RC does last forever but considering the use you suggested, I’m not so sure. Now back to my original question, production numbers of Machos and value. If anyone else has any relevant Macho input, thank you!!!

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: MuscleMopars] #3043794
05/20/22 06:04 AM
05/20/22 06:04 AM
Concord, NC
B
Baker Offline
Baker  Offline
B

Concord, NC
Glad to see a thread on the beloved Macho. So few around, especially here in the south. Bought mine about 15 years ago and would never sell it due to the fact that I couldn't replace it. Rust free 360 ci, auto, A/C purchased from the family that bought it new. Did a mechanical restoration on it but left the body as is, with the exception of a repaint on the roof and hood.

Macho small pic.jpg

1978 Dodge Macho
1979 Dodge ramp truck
1969 Dodge Coronet 440
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: Baker] #3048485
06/07/22 12:31 AM
06/07/22 12:31 AM
Portland , Oregon, United Stat...
S
smokes Offline
mopar
smokes  Offline
mopar
S

Originally Posted by Baker
Glad to see a thread on the beloved Macho. So few around, especially here in the south. Bought mine about 15 years ago and would never sell it due to the fact that I couldn't replace it. Rust free 360 ci, auto, A/C purchased from the family that bought it new. Did a mechanical restoration on it but left the body as is, with the exception of a repaint on the roof and hood.

Holy smokes, nice truck!

Looking for a clean w150 or w200 **72-80 body style In the Pacific Northwest**
Re: Macho Power Wagon Question… [Re: smokes] #3048617
06/07/22 01:38 PM
06/07/22 01:38 PM
S
smokes Offline
mopar
smokes  Offline
mopar
S

If you havent already visited - machopowerwagon.com...I would highly recommend that web site. It moves a little slow but there is a classified section with a bunch of sold machos and people are posting what their final sold price was. As you are probably aware, machos are hard to price. Folks don't know what they are or they think they are ugly. People selling them dont konw how to advertise correctly. Heck, most people dont even know what a w150 versus a d150 or what the difference is. When you have time, can you post some pictures on here ? Maybe we can help you establish a price ??

Looking for a clean w150 or w200 **72-80 body style In the Pacific Northwest**
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3