05/15/22 10:11 AM
Banana Republic
FM3AAR Offline
top fuel
FM3AAR  Offline
top fuel

Banana Republic
Originally Posted by fastmark
I don’t understand all the gripping about infolinks. I downloaded a blocker and they are gone.

iagree

“You’ll own nothing” — And “you’ll be happy about it.”
K. Schwab

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: FM3AAR] #3042481
05/15/22 11:52 AM
05/15/22 11:52 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i only have a desk top setup, so i have no problem posting pictures, and with using adblock plus, i have no infolinks to cry about.
as i am also an old, computer illiterate, brain faded fart, some stuff is a tough nut to crack. but if i can figure it out, you can too.
beer

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: fourgearsavoy] #3042493
05/15/22 12:35 PM
05/15/22 12:35 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Online content
I Live Here
TJP  Online Content
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
For those having trouble with pictures they are EASILY loaded from your system by clicking on the circled link before posting or when editing. See top pic

A box will open with a couple of choices:
Click on SELECT A FILE TO ATTACH

Another box will open Click on SELECT ALL FILES

That should open a directory of you systems folders:

Click the folder with the picture:

Then Click the picture, "the file name should appear as shown in the bottom pic"

Click done. NOTE: The pic's will not appear on Preview but should appear when you Post

Opera Snapshot_2022-05-15_111307_board.moparts.org.pngOpera Snapshot_2022-05-15_113120_board.moparts.org 1.png
Last edited by TJP; 05/15/22 12:41 PM.
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: dart4forte] #3042496
05/15/22 12:58 PM
05/15/22 12:58 PM
Central Missouri Fort Leonard...
mopar65 Offline
master
mopar65  Offline
master

Central Missouri Fort Leonard...
Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by MadMopars
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Where do you come by the notion that members are boycotting the board? "Visiting daily" and "boycotting" seem to be at odds. Are you saying they only view the posts but don't participate (lurk)?

When browsing older posts, you come across members who haven't posted in quite awhile (years). If you look at the profile you can see when they were last on the site but when compared to their last post, it's quite a span. Furthermore, when their last few posts state they are boycotting the site, it doesn't leave much to wonder.

Not boycotting but still lurk. Still have friends on here. It’s just not my go to site anymore. The pop up BS is the main reason.

I used Duck Duck go and no more pop ups.

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: mopar65] #3042517
05/15/22 02:58 PM
05/15/22 02:58 PM
Connecticut
1972CudaV21 Offline
master
1972CudaV21  Offline
master

Connecticut
Yes, and the Brave browser blocks ads too...

China is the enemy.
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: fourgearsavoy] #3042532
05/15/22 03:57 PM
05/15/22 03:57 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
You know I've been on this morning for about 40 minutes and haven't seen one Info-link add yet shruggy Maybe my latest HP update might have some kind of blocker built into it because I don't remember seeing any last night either work
I think most of the crying and whining is from people that use their phones to access this site. I agree that it's almost impossible to view it even on a large phone screen.

Gus beer

Easy to banish Infolinks from your phone, at least with Android. Install Firefox for a browser and uBlock Origin. Poof, gone

Kevin.

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: TJP] #3042536
05/15/22 04:05 PM
05/15/22 04:05 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by TJP
For those having trouble with pictures they are EASILY loaded from your system by clicking on the circled link before posting or when editing. See top pic

A box will open with a couple of choices:
Click on SELECT A FILE TO ATTACH

Another box will open Click on SELECT ALL FILES

That should open a directory of you systems folders:

Click the folder with the picture:

Then Click the picture, "the file name should appear as shown in the bottom pic"

Click done. NOTE: The pic's will not appear on Preview but should appear when you Post

This ^^^

If the file is too big, I run it through Photo Compress and it automatically will compress the image to a few hundred K. Save as to my shrunk folder and it's available to be easily sent in the future.

Kevin

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: Twostick] #3042559
05/15/22 05:16 PM
05/15/22 05:16 PM
On the run…
BloFish Offline
I Live Here
BloFish  Offline
I Live Here

On the run…
AdBlocker is your friend.

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: MadMopars] #3042563
05/15/22 05:41 PM
05/15/22 05:41 PM
Pasadena, Texas
F
fal3 Offline
enthusiast
fal3  Offline
enthusiast
F

Pasadena, Texas
I think using moparts is a feast or famine thing. I'm on here every so often looking for the latest; reading a link that grabs my attention. Other times, I'm on here looking for and asking for info on whatever current car problem I have. Yeah, some guys have been di#*!s, but I ignore them. Too many good guys looking to help out a fellow hobbyist.

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: fal3] #3042575
05/15/22 06:37 PM
05/15/22 06:37 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
This forum has been using Infolinks for what, three or four years now? And there is an adblocker of some form or other for virtually every internet browser platform. Yet there are still people whining about it. If these are the only people who have "boycotted" this forum then I think the forum is better for it. These are people who will [censored] about anything, blame somebody else and expect someone else to do everything for them. These are the people who are always asking where the best price is, what the best this or that is, where can they find this or that. They're too lazy or too stupid to do any of their own research. Who needs them ... good riddance !!

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: Stanton] #3042617
05/15/22 09:40 PM
05/15/22 09:40 PM
IL
furious70 Offline
top fuel
furious70  Offline
top fuel

IL
Originally Posted by Stanton
This forum has been using Infolinks for what, three or four years now? And there is an adblocker of some form or other for virtually every internet browser platform. Yet there are still people whining about it. If these are the only people who have "boycotted" this forum then I think the forum is better for it. These are people who will [censored] about anything, blame somebody else and expect someone else to do everything for them. These are the people who are always asking where the best price is, what the best this or that is, where can they find this or that. They're too lazy or too stupid to do any of their own research. Who needs them ... good riddance !!

Everyone has their own opinion, but as this 'product' has been left behind or intentionally been made a mess with ads, it drove me to FBBO. I never went there before. I check that site multiple times a day now, I usually check here once. I ask my questions on FXBO now most of the time, I use my phone on those sites, post as many whatever sized photos I want, etc. If Tom is getting what he wants out of the site, that's fine. I found a better product that is also free.

Lots of familiar names have also shown up on FXBO (probably were there before I was!)

70 Sport Fury
68 Charger
69 Coronet
72 RR
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: moparx] #3042627
05/15/22 09:56 PM
05/15/22 09:56 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Originally Posted by moparx
i only have a desk top setup, so i have no problem posting pictures, and with using adblock plus, i have no infolinks to cry about.
as i am also an old, computer illiterate, brain faded fart, some stuff is a tough nut to crack. but if i can figure it out, you can too.
beer

I use i phone only and no adds or anything, use ad blocker. Still it’s bad to be questioned on everything. Sometimes I say what’s the use and don’t come back for awhile.

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: furious70] #3042759
05/16/22 11:22 AM
05/16/22 11:22 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
I'd say overall this site has had a positive effect on my life. Met a bunch of really cool folks, some on this thread, became friends with a few
which has driven all kinds of good stuff in life. But, you know, things are different now....a whole lot different.

It isn't anything any of us has control over, so, whatever.

For me personally, the lack of maintenance to the tech archives was the first clue of how things were going to go.

I still see it as a mostly worthwhile communication device, but only for the three or four people left here who
also happen to care what I have to say. So, I do post once in awhile but admit I often feel it is a wasted effort.

I'm Rich H on FBBO. Holler.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: ZIPPY] #3042803
05/16/22 01:31 PM
05/16/22 01:31 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
I use ad block plus on my lap top and that fixes all the pop ups that screw everything up but I do see adds at the top for things like AMD, Springs and things, classic industries... but none of the non-sense like I have on my phone, I don't even look at moparts on the phone as I couldn't get ad block plus to work on there and having to zoom in and slide text and pics around to be able to read it. I haven't posted pics in years, they "upgraded" something and it wouldn't work like it used to, I think it was always telling me the pics were too big or something and since I don't have them on the comupter or any knowledge on how to change them anyway it is just too much hassle so no more selling things or posting interesting useful pics to help people out. The root of the problem is this is mostly a hobby of old folks, we don't adapt well to change for the sake of change, make this un useable and people just quit instead of wasting time trying to figure out the new crap.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: ZIPPY] #3042814
05/16/22 02:46 PM
05/16/22 02:46 PM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
I'd say overall this site has had a positive effect on my life. Met a bunch of really cool folks, some on this thread, became friends with a few
which has driven all kinds of good stuff in life. But, you know, things are different now....a whole lot different.

It isn't anything any of us has control over, so, whatever.

For me personally, the lack of maintenance to the tech archives was the first clue of how things were going to go.

I still see it as a mostly worthwhile communication device, but only for the three or four people left here who
also happen to care what I have to say. So, I do post once in awhile but admit I often feel it is a wasted effort.

I'm Rich H on FBBO. Holler.

I share most of the same sentiments.

It has really helped me advance my hobby/engine program further than I thought I would be able to and has led to lifetime friendships.

It is nice to have some consistency here vs. Facebook. Here it's pretty easy to see trends and you learn who the people are that give good advice and have the experience to back it up. Not so much with random people on Facebook.

I am still amazed that when I have a question I can often search the topic on here and it's usually been covered in-depth!

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: MadMopars] #3042822
05/16/22 03:11 PM
05/16/22 03:11 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
I mainly come here because of habit, and to receive more harassment from J Body, as I don't quite receive enough from him on Facebook daily.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: HotRodDave] #3042846
05/16/22 04:57 PM
05/16/22 04:57 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I use ad block plus on my lap top and that fixes all the pop ups that screw everything up but I do see adds at the top for things like AMD, Springs and things, classic industries... but none of the non-sense like I have on my phone, I don't even look at moparts on the phone as I couldn't get ad block plus to work on there and having to zoom in and slide text and pics around to be able to read it. I haven't posted pics in years, they "upgraded" something and it wouldn't work like it used to, I think it was always telling me the pics were too big or something and since I don't have them on the comupter or any knowledge on how to change them anyway it is just too much hassle so no more selling things or posting interesting useful pics to help people out. The root of the problem is this is mostly a hobby of old folks, we don't adapt well to change for the sake of change, make this un useable and people just quit instead of wasting time trying to figure out the new crap.

Yep pictures to big and I’m not resizing just for this website as it’s not needed anywhere else.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: furious70] #3042861
05/16/22 05:38 PM
05/16/22 05:38 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Originally Posted by furious70
Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by MadMopars
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Where do you come by the notion that members are boycotting the board? "Visiting daily" and "boycotting" seem to be at odds. Are you saying they only view the posts but don't participate (lurk)?

When browsing older posts, you come across members who haven't posted in quite awhile (years). If you look at the profile you can see when they were last on the site but when compared to their last post, it's quite a span. Furthermore, when their last few posts state they are boycotting the site, it doesn't leave much to wonder.

Not boycotting but still lurk. Still have friends on here. It’s just not my go to site anymore. The pop up BS is the main reason.

ditto.

The FXBO sites have much better software, make it much easier to be a part of the community.
While I changed my name and resigned up once, I was 'wayne_township' on here all the way back when the Dallas Mopar Board existed as the main competition, until it's owner stopped upgrading and javascript hackers made it a mess almost daily.

Tom has posted several times on here about his stance - it's his product he can do what he wants. It's producing enough revenue as it is. I do come on here but mostly to look at the classifieds as a buyer.
IMO Joey has a better product with much better software and better terms of service.

And Joey also wants money to be a "gold member", he can't touch my gold member! Tom is a Mopar guy, Joey is a Lincoln vs Cadillac guy who found out he could make money on Mopar people. I do like the software better, hovering over a topic to see if it is of interest instead of having to open it save lots of time, but there are so many topics to chose from it get cumbersome and you miss a lot of things you might want to check out... twocents

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: Rhinodart] #3042889
05/16/22 07:31 PM
05/16/22 07:31 PM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
, but there are so many topics to chose from it get cumbersome and you miss a lot of things you might want to check out... twocents

Complaining about there being too many choices? Really?
All these naked women are too much! If only there were just ONE instead of 20 to look at!

Re: It's amazing how many are "boycotting" Moparts... [Re: Kern Dog] #3042894
05/16/22 08:06 PM
05/16/22 08:06 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
, but there are so many topics to chose from it get cumbersome and you miss a lot of things you might want to check out... twocents

Complaining about there being too many choices? Really?
All these naked women are too much! If only there were just ONE instead of 20 to look at!

It's the too many sub forums. Convertibles, /6, wheels and tires, manual transmission, exhaust.

It forces you to bypass all that and read it in "Recent Topics" format. Which forces you to look through For Sale, Wanted and everything posted, recently.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6