Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: 6PakBee] #3033784
04/15/22 10:31 AM
04/15/22 10:31 AM
Fairview Tennessee
S
SV_MOPARS Offline
pro stock
SV_MOPARS  Offline
pro stock
S

Fairview Tennessee
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
I agree for the most part.
I have not met with any trouble from the fuzz regarding my cars and parts at my place. The costs of registration, insurance and gasoline take a big bite but if you're earning enough, it isn't much of a problem.
What can change matters greatly is nosy neighbors. If they want to be a pain in the ass and complain to the man, you'll have problems.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winnah! My next door neighbor has a pile of differentials in his back yard. I have a parts car under a car cover in my back yard. He doesn't care, I don't care. Life goes on. But if he moved and I got one of these Better Homes and Gardens neighbors......

exactly, here in simi valley ca they leave you alone until somebody complains then they are up your azz, fortunately im 300' down a lane on a flag lot and my son owns the house next door, my 2800 sf shop had to be built as a "barn", they would only let me build a 1200sf shop, the "barn" could have been as big as i wanted it.

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: SV_MOPARS] #3033796
04/15/22 11:19 AM
04/15/22 11:19 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

At 83 years old I would suggest one word, KILLDOZER... hammer

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: 6PakBee] #3033798
04/15/22 11:20 AM
04/15/22 11:20 AM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

I have not met with any trouble from the fuzz regarding my cars and parts at my place. The costs of registration, insurance and gasoline take a big bite but if you're earning enough, it isn't much of a problem.
What can change matters greatly is nosy neighbors. If they want to be a pain in the ass and complain to the man, you'll have problems.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winnah! My next door neighbor has a pile of differentials in his back yard. I have a parts car under a car cover in my back yard. He doesn't care, I don't care. Life goes on. But if he moved and I got one of these Better Homes and Gardens neighbors......

And right now they are under 3' of snow, so no problem! laugh2

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Rhinodart] #3033814
04/15/22 12:34 PM
04/15/22 12:34 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Rhinodart

LOVE IT LOL, then he gets free housing, health care and costs the taxpayers $$ A method of payback maybe ?
My wife just commented that all the homeless encampments scattered throughout Sacramento as well as the entire state are tolerated and almost being encouraged [url=https://www.capradio.org/articles/2022/02/08/sacramento-took-nearly-a-year-to-create-a-new-safe-ground-homeless-shelter-we-look-at-why-it-takes-so-long/]LINKY[/url]
meanwhile lets go harass an 83 year old homeowner who has done nothing wrong

bq3a8648.jpg
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Rhinodart] #3033820
04/15/22 01:04 PM
04/15/22 01:04 PM
Almost Heaven
B
Bob Stinson Offline
super stock
Bob Stinson  Offline
super stock
B

Almost Heaven

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5807330/

69 road runner A12 ex-racer
71 Duster w/ a 400

Shiny paint causes stress.
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: SV_MOPARS] #3033959
04/15/22 09:50 PM
04/15/22 09:50 PM
CA
C
crackedback Offline
top fuel
crackedback  Offline
top fuel
C

CA
Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS

exactly, here in simi valley ca they leave you alone until somebody complains then they are up your azz, fortunately im 300' down a lane on a flag lot and my son owns the house next door, my 2800 sf shop had to be built as a "barn", they would only let me build a 1200sf shop, the "barn" could have been as big as i wanted it.

You are keeping a type of Horse in it right? grin

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Bob Stinson] #3033961
04/15/22 09:56 PM
04/15/22 09:56 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Bob Stinson

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5807330/

up remeber the guy with the stolen tank in San Diego ??
ENJOY!!

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: TJP] #3033975
04/15/22 10:32 PM
04/15/22 10:32 PM
Sac, CA
M
mopowers Offline
master
mopowers  Offline
master
M

Sac, CA
With the logic the city is using to impose fines on that guy, the residents of Sacramento should be able to sue the city for allowing so many bums to set up bum camps throughout the city. It's pretty sad how the homeless crackhead tweakers have more rights than those who actually pay taxes and otherwise contribute to society.

Last edited by mopowers; 04/16/22 12:09 AM.
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Trulyvintage] #3033985
04/15/22 11:19 PM
04/15/22 11:19 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Poor guy needed to hire a good lawyer when the city first started attacking him. Now it might be too late. If he had a really good, really aggressive lawyer he could probably get most of the charges dropped. The city is abusing the guy and a good lawyer could embarrass them enough that they would drop most of the charges. Unfortunately it appears that the guy doesn't want to hire a lawyer so the city might just end up taking everything he owns.

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: AndyF] #3034042
04/16/22 08:37 AM
04/16/22 08:37 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
lol

The guy had multiple vehicles parked throughout his yard as well as a lot other crap littering the place. He claimed they were "operable" as in he could drive them. the law probably stated they need to be licensed and insured to be considered operable vehicles, common requirement. Sounds to me like he blew off the citations and the fines piled up on him. Now he's whining because he didn't follow the law and thought he was above it.

There are places you can live where they don't give a crap what you do with your property, I drive through these places all the time, they are shitholes.

I have no sympathy for him.

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Sniper] #3034092
04/16/22 11:52 AM
04/16/22 11:52 AM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
Originally Posted by Sniper
There are places you can live where they don't give a crap what you do with your property, I drive through these places all the time, they are shitholes.

Others would call them "great places to live....without uptight anal-retentive azzhole neighbors".

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: crackedback] #3034093
04/16/22 11:55 AM
04/16/22 11:55 AM
Fairview Tennessee
S
SV_MOPARS Offline
pro stock
SV_MOPARS  Offline
pro stock
S

Fairview Tennessee
Originally Posted by crackedback
Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS

You are keeping a type of Horse in it right? grin

im keeping horseless carrages and a ram in the "barn".

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: John_Kunkel] #3034115
04/16/22 12:59 PM
04/16/22 12:59 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel

Others would call them "great places to live....without uptight anal-retentive azzhole neighbors".

If you want to live in a town full of Fred Sanfords then you are a dirt ball. If you want to live in a town full of people that think the dump is their front yard, then you are a dirt ball. And if you want to call me an anal retentive azzhole to my face you can do it, once.

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Sniper] #3034120
04/16/22 01:25 PM
04/16/22 01:25 PM
Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...
5thAve Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway
5thAve  Offline
Doesn't care what this says anyway

Canada -- Posts: 4034 -Registe...

If you want to live in a town full of Fred Sanfords then you are a dirt ball. If you want to live in a town full of people that think the dump is their front yard, then you are a dirt ball. And if you want to call me an anal retentive azzhole to my face you can do it, once.

Just because some town doesn't give a crap doesn't mean everyone who lives there hoards junk in their front yard. Id rather live beside some guy with a couple clunkers in his driveway then beside some stuck up anal person who rats out every property around them that isn't perfect. Or worse if your place isn't all that bad and is the norm for the area and some stuck up a-hole moves in wanting to change everything. Are there any pictures of what this guys place even looks like? Need to see that before anyone can really pass judgement.

Ironically usually they end up causing problems for people like this guy when there's someone 10X worse down the street that everyone ignores.

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: John_Kunkel] #3034125
04/16/22 01:38 PM
04/16/22 01:38 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne

I'll agree with John, and allow me to explain why

Sniper, not always, had a neighbor across the road that collected crap for years by going to auctions and buying whatever was left over for one price. It bothered some but not others, like myself. We do live on acreages which can make a difference but a lot of his belongings were visible as one drove by. I moved here 28 years ago and bought 5.5 acres of ground to be left alone and do as I want. I keep my place very clean, mowed and presentable at all times and always have. I have also run a business here for 25+ years with full support of the neighbors. When I needed a zoning variation to do so legally. The inspectors that came up commented "people like you are not the reason zoning laws are written" and the neighbors all sent letters in for me.
We now have 1M + houses being built very close by smile for me. he has passed on and a developer bought the land trying to put 22 houses on it that would definitely RUINED the area as it has been. After several meetings with the C/Council it was dropped to 12. in two years he has sold two lots to 1 person but they have yet to start building. I would rather have looked at the old guys junk than have the area ruined by a developer. Good news is we have another younger collector down around the corner smile. nice guy, doesn't bother anyone just likes junk.
had the guy been totally neglecting his property in a residential area different story, but that doesn't sound like the case as several neighbors were quoted as saying he kept it clean and nice appearing.
With what little I know it sounds like harassments on technicalities like not picking up dropped fruit from his trees. WTFCares?
No offence meant to you just a differing opinion beer

Last edited by TJP; 04/16/22 01:42 PM.
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Sniper] #3034149
04/16/22 04:09 PM
04/16/22 04:09 PM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
And if you want to call me an anal retentive azzhole to my face you can do it, once.

OOOOH !!! And then what....lawnmowers at 20 paces? Exchange more insults on the Current Events forum? laugh2 Kinda hit home, eh?

Bet you're a real fan of your estate-dwelling neighbors.

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway
Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Sniper] #3034208
04/16/22 06:56 PM
04/16/22 06:56 PM
Tucson, AZ
Ramrod39 Offline
My New Title
Ramrod39  Offline
My New Title

Tucson, AZ

Time to lay off the testosterone supplements, dude...

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: Sniper] #3034211
04/16/22 07:05 PM
04/16/22 07:05 PM

S
Superfreak
Unregistered
Superfreak
Unregistered
S

Go back in your closet hero.

Re: California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: TJP] #3034230
04/16/22 08:12 PM
04/16/22 08:12 PM
CA
C
crackedback Offline
top fuel
crackedback  Offline
top fuel
C

CA
This guy that got hit with this big accruing fine needed better guidance on how to fight the code enforcement jackoffs.

There are codes that are favorable to classic cars and parts. In some cases, go down to DMV and non-op stuff.

Personally, if you drive by someones house and it looks OK, keep driving. What they do in their house, garage or backyard is none of you business as long as it isn't a danger to the community. Cooking meth, abusing kids, yeah that doesn't fly, cars and parts, meh. And please don't start about junk parts etc and vermin. If the area has fruit trees, you have rats/rodents all over the place! The parts are just a convenient excuse to hammer someone.

Last edited by crackedback; 04/16/22 08:12 PM.
California Homeowner Owes 573K For Working On His Own Cars [Re: crackedback] #3034299
04/17/22 01:51 AM
04/17/22 01:51 AM
Direct Enclosed Transporter
Trulyvintage Offline OP
master
Trulyvintage  Offline OP
master

Direct Enclosed Transporter
Some folks should read what is going on
before they post.

The gentleman inherited the house
from his parents.

He doesn’t seem to have a criminal history.
He wasn’t running a business out of his home.
He wasn’t manufacturing or selling illegal drugs
out of his home.
He seems to keep his grass mowed and his
home maintained.

Jim drive

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4