03/23/22 09:16 PM
03/23/22 09:16 PM
Columbus, GA
Michael Ecks Offline OP
pro stock
Michael Ecks  Offline OP
pro stock

Columbus, GA
I know a lot of people have used stuff from Bouchillon to do A/C conversions and upgrades, also a lot of vintage air users.

All of my 1971 Challenger's underdash stuff is there, and I went through the process of restoring the box year before last. So that all stays, period.

Everything from the firewall forward is long gone though. And with a T/A style air cleaner under the hood I can't go back to a V2 compressor.

Bouchillon may be cheaper in the end, but I look the look of the Original Air kit better. Comes with a full size drier/reciever and at least some of the lines are hard lines like original would have been. Condenser looks like a bolt in job instead of a generic unit that requires making brackets.

Just hoping to hear some positive feedback on these kits. Particularly ease of install. I've had a loooong winter of projects on the car and haven't even gotten to A/C replacement which was one of my priorities living here in hot, humid middle Georgia. I really don't want to fabricate and modify anything else!!!

0019405_71-charger70-71-barracuda-ac-performance-upgrade-kit-small-block-stage-2.jpeg
Last edited by Michael Ecks; 03/23/22 09:20 PM.

"The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of
your thoughts" ~ Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius
Re: Anyone used Original Air under-hood A/C upgrade kits? [Re: Michael Ecks] #3027217
03/24/22 08:44 PM
03/24/22 08:44 PM
Chicago
PurpleBeeper Offline
super stock
PurpleBeeper  Offline
super stock

Chicago
Don't hold me to this, but I think I saw a guy on FBBO with a big block six pack motor & Vintage Air compressor cleared the air cleaner. I've been wondering basically this same thing for my car (basically)

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"