02/28/22 04:26 PM
02/28/22 04:26 PM
my own world
theraif Offline OP
master
theraif  Offline OP
master

my own world
he payed 10k for the car from coparts its a flood write off from Louisiana but sold in VA shruggy , i guess the 3rd vid is going to be something about the vin any way it starts at 35:12 if you dont want to watch it all

Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: theraif] #3019810
02/28/22 08:13 PM
02/28/22 08:13 PM
USA
V
VS29H0B Offline
pro stock
VS29H0B  Offline
pro stock
V

USA
A fool and his money applies...the appearance alone should have been enough to not buy that steaming pile. That rear wing and the painted bumpers are repulsive.

Like the women I have dated --- Always looking for a better deal ....
Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: VS29H0B] #3019814
02/28/22 08:14 PM
02/28/22 08:14 PM
Castlegar, BC, Canada
That AMC Guy Offline
master
That AMC Guy  Offline
master

Castlegar, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by VS29H0B
A fool and his money applies...the appearance alone should have been enough to not buy that steaming pile. That rear wing and the painted bumpers are repulsive.

And he paid something like 20k for that.... car. Now, I loves me an A-body.... but, I don't see anywhere near that in either parts or in one piece in that car. Overpaid heavily.

And I'm getting REALLY annoyed by idgits who claim there were 340 Scamps, or that nincompoop on the Youtubes who claims his FOUR DOOR is a Scamp. Like.... these children must think that since they've never played with a car, nobody else has either. So, if somebody named Cletus put a 340 in a Scamp in 1978.... well, that must be factory option!!

Or even simpler things like.... a dash hacked to fit a PIONEER-branded cassette deck into a 1971 Gremlin. "I think this is a factory option" said one child.

But, I guess if they're young enough.... they don't understand that once upon a time, you could buy a stereo in a store and put it in your car. But because we don't do that today, there's no way possible people did that in 1971. Nor anywhere in the intervening 50 years.

It should be called UNCommon Sense. 'Cuz brother, it ain't common no more!

Last edited by That AMC Guy; 02/28/22 08:18 PM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....

Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: That AMC Guy] #3019821
02/28/22 08:44 PM
02/28/22 08:44 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Online content
master
Mastershake340  Online Content
master

Crook County, ILL
I’ve watched his videos for awhile. He makes his living doing YouTube videos, mostly going to CoParts reviewing some cars there in each episode, and bidding on and winning some. He does a cleanup and some repairs on the ones he buys and then sends them back to auction. And more often than not loses money on the sale it seems.
But making money on the cars is not the point, it’s all about the content. If the content gets views, he makes good money off these YouTube videos.
The buying a vintage car far away and driving it home thing is a new tact for him. He bought a mid 70s Buick Regal in the northeast before the Valiant, and him and Monkey Wrench Mike drove it back, mostly in a blizzard, and made it. Good times! Looks like the Valiant gave him more grief.
I’ve grown a little bored of Randy’s videos, he’s doing a lot less rebuilding on his Auto Auction Rebuild channel then he used to do, plus his buying new cars every couple months, does a video showing it off, and then getting bored and trades it in on another new car or truck, and the big debt he must be incurring seems like a case of everything Dave Ramsey ever warned you about not doing. However he’s helped a couple friends start up new channels of their own and several are good, like Santa’s Workshop, who seems like an all around nice and humble guy, and Weird Beard who is sort of a backwoods character type who does detailed videos of fixing up flip cars, along with low budget restorations.
Randy didn’t buy this car to keep and he’ll lose money selling it, but probably do well from the videos on it. He may not be Roadkill, but as a one man show trying to make a living in this stuff I can’t flame him for this.

Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: Mastershake340] #3019856
02/28/22 11:11 PM
02/28/22 11:11 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline

If I remember correctly, Randy himself said he's getting a little bored just doing the walk around videos and that's why he's been doing roadtrips.

Can you imagine just how screwed him and Mike would have been if they had had the Scamp in the blizzard instead of the Buick? shock

Speaking of the Buick, that was a pretty sweet piece in all it's '70's green glory.

Randy reminds me of a guy I worked for 20 yrs ago. This guy owned and ran a Used Car lot, no YouTube back then. This guy was CONSTANTLY flipping (his personal) cars, houses, Rolex's, 'bout the only thing in this guy personal life he didn't flip was his Wife and kids, and he probably would have done that too if he could have found a legal loop hole. Where he totally lost me was when he flipped a '54 (?) Corvette he had been after for almost 20 yrs back then. When I first started working for him, I heard many a story of this 'Vette and how he was gonna restore it and take his Wife cruisin' etc, etc. He FINALLY managed to buy it, and he sold it off less than a day later. confused shruggy

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: SattyNoCar] #3019913
03/01/22 10:21 AM
03/01/22 10:21 AM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
Loosing?

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.

Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: SattyNoCar] #3019916
03/01/22 10:37 AM
03/01/22 10:37 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Originally Posted by Satilite73

If I remember correctly, Randy himself said he's getting a little bored just doing the walk around videos and that's why he's been doing roadtrips.

Can you imagine just how screwed him and Mike would have been if they had had the Scamp in the blizzard instead of the Buick? shock

Speaking of the Buick, that was a pretty sweet piece in all it's '70's green glory.

Randy reminds me of a guy I worked for 20 yrs ago. This guy owned and ran a Used Car lot, no YouTube back then. This guy was CONSTANTLY flipping (his personal) cars, houses, Rolex's, 'bout the only thing in this guy personal life he didn't flip was his Wife and kids, and he probably would have done that too if he could have found a legal loop hole. Where he totally lost me was when he flipped a '54 (?) Corvette he had been after for almost 20 yrs back then. When I first started working for him, I heard many a story of this 'Vette and how he was gonna restore it and take his Wife cruisin' etc, etc. He FINALLY managed to buy it, and he sold it off less than a day later. confused shruggy

Youtubers- just as television executives want to put out content that brings in viewers. Richard Rawlings, Paul Jr Paul Sr- Big Chief- are examples of antics/programming that brings in viewers. Not saying the above guy is acting the fool- but the more silly and off the wall the excursions they film do better than say- factual realistic videos.

Last edited by 2boltmain; 03/01/22 10:44 AM.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: 2boltmain] #3020459
03/03/22 11:42 AM
03/03/22 11:42 AM
central Florida
VL21 Offline
pro stock
VL21  Offline
pro stock

central Florida
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
[quote=Satilite73]
Youtubers- just as television executives want to put out content that brings in viewers. Richard Rawlings, Paul Jr Paul Sr- Big Chief- are examples of antics/programming that brings in viewers. Not saying the above guy is acting the fool- but the more silly and off the wall the excursions they film do better than say- factual realistic videos.

Oh no, he is acting the fool. I used to watch the auction rebuild stuff, the buy stuff and not know how to fix it stuff, being forced out of the tin building not zoned for what he was doing, etc and finally gave up, I got sick of hearing him whine all the time about how life was so unfair to him.

Utube seems to have elevated his operation, though.

It takes gasoline to interest me.
Re: you tuber kinda of loosing it [Re: VL21] #3020639
03/03/22 11:11 PM
03/03/22 11:11 PM
SattyNoCar Offline
SattyNoCar  Offline

Yup, usual Randy drama. All the pissin' , moaning and flat -out loosing it regarding the Scamp, I saw on instagram he's entered it in the 2022 HOT ROD Power Tour.

shruggy

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥