01/12/22 12:48 AM
San Diego
J
JP8 Offline
JP8  Offline
J

San Diego
Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
JP8 -- Your car sounds awesome! Are you building it to follow any particular club's rules? I always advise to follow a club's rule book so that you don't end up being over or under modified for a racing class that you'll compete in.

I've recently installed 18x11 front and rear ET-Team-III mini-lite rims with Yokohama Advan AO52-series 295-30-18 200TW tires (may eventually run 315-30-18 tires) ... This is the first time running this setup for me... quite impressive and grips great on autocross courses (see MOPARTY 2021 event pics... lots of pics of my car on various pages and articles that further continue with more pics). The 200TW is the key factor in my choice (per class rules).

You will not regret the installation of the 1.24 TBs ... and you may even wonder if something stiffer is possible. BUT.. be certain to make the car a "package"... rear suspension needs to be stiffened; sway bars need to be selected; balance the 4-corners and re-align the steering; tires and PSI;. then re-learn driving the car... that will take some time at different events to eventually get mostly satisfied.

Good luck with the overall project!!! MOPOWER to ya!

NMCA Autox 200TW class. Like SCCA CAM-T but a little more liberal. I think CAM-T requires you to have stock suspension attachment points? In NMCA there is now restriction on suspension design or power adders. I'll check out the Advans.

Thanks

Instagram : @5_points_racing
Re: torsion bar recommendation [Re: JP8] #3004622
01/12/22 03:58 PM
01/12/22 03:58 PM
NW Chicago suburban area
Mopar Mitch Offline
pro stock
Mopar Mitch  Offline
pro stock

NW Chicago suburban area
Interesting... that's the first I've heard of the NMCA Autocross series... perhaps only WEST? I'm glad to see it happening!

CAM is mostly unrestricted... 3000 pounds minimum, supposed to be licensed/registered and insured (maybe that has changed).

SCCA Street Prepared (E/SP was once the super-hot pony car class in the mid 80s-90s-early 2000 years) requires original suspension mounting points and has various other limitations within its class rules... sadly, that class is declining in popularity... but the CAM class is exploding. I'm in-between those two classes (CAM and E/SP)... but also campaigning with another club -- MCSCC (hi-speed solo road course events) that has another set of rules and classes here in the mid-west states. See www.mcscc.org for viewing their hi-speed autocross rules/classes, etc... very active with W2W racing, as well.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!
Page 2 of 2 1 2