S E Michigan
E
ekim Offline OP
mopar
ekim  Offline OP
mopar
E

S E Michigan
long story short, my parents moved in july and we tried to cancel dish by phone but it never was cancelled, not sure why.
i ended up writing dish to cancel and 1st week of dec they sent a post paid box to send the converter and the remotes back, i sent them back.
they have now sent a bill for $56 even though nobody has lived in the house and there was no tv in the house since july! i wonder what would happen if i ignored it.
has any body played this game with dish?
i will probably just pay it and get on with my life

Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: ekim] #2999242
12/28/21 05:38 PM
12/28/21 05:38 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Years ago I tried and tried to cancel service with them, they just kept on giving me free months, I more or less had to be loud with a rep and demand they stop at least sending bills and cut service or both as I was DONE.

You need to express to them you are DONE DONE DONE with there service and you owe them ZERO and make the rep repeat it back to you.... yes it took this much.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2999305
12/28/21 08:55 PM
12/28/21 08:55 PM
So Near, Yet So Far
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Near, Yet So Far
Haven't had to cancel yet, but haven't had any problems with them except one:
Bill went up almost $40 - unpleasant surprise - and when I called, the gal there said it was because I'd come off the introductory rate.
I don't recall anything about an introductory rate when I changed from DirecTV to Dish, but whatever.
Since n=both are now owned by the same parent (AT&T, IIRC), it's more like they matched DirecTV's price.

Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: topside] #2999348
12/28/21 11:07 PM
12/28/21 11:07 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by topside
Haven't had to cancel yet, but haven't had any problems with them except one:
Bill went up almost $40 - unpleasant surprise - and when I called, the gal there said it was because I'd come off the introductory rate.
I don't recall anything about an introductory rate when I changed from DirectTV to Dish, but whatever.
Since n=both are now owned by the same parent (AT&T, IIRC), it's more like they matched DirectTV's price.

Dish has been separate from ATT for years now.
Once ATT started Uverse they split from Dish, but that only serviced people who had their ATT DSL.
They bought/merged with Direct TV and that ended them have DSL ever being available by us (rural).
The phone techs has said the had been supposed to have DSL available to us in a matter of months, but the Direct TV merger ended that.

We have a line of sight type of internet, a dish on our roof to a tower about 4 miles away.
If we didn't live on top of a tall hill (highest point in the area) it wouldn't be available.

IMO, Satellite TV and internet sucks.
It's too reliant on clear cloudless weather, any type of precipitation and you lose the signal.

I've had Dish since 2006.
They keep looking for new ways to raise the bill also.
Charging for local channels is one of them they added to the bill.
I added an over the air antennae recently and I should be dropping the local channels off my account with them.

As far as cancelling an account, friends have had problem with both Dish and Direct TV on dealing with that.
I think that they all suck when it come to customer service.

Last edited by SNK-EYZ; 12/28/21 11:07 PM.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #2999431
12/29/21 10:47 AM
12/29/21 10:47 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.

Master, again and still
Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: DaveRS23] #2999461
12/29/21 11:53 AM
12/29/21 11:53 AM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
I will be dumping direct soon hopefully it goes a bit smoother beer

Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #2999481
12/29/21 12:21 PM
12/29/21 12:21 PM
West Plains, MO
DrCharles Offline
master
DrCharles  Offline
master

West Plains, MO
Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

I've had Dish since 2006.
They keep looking for new ways to raise the bill also.
Charging for local channels is one of them they added to the bill.

Me too. Every year they just raise the price another $5 or more. They've always charged for local channels (which aren't actually local since I'm 100 miles from Springfield), but it was $6 and now $12 per month.

So my monthly bill is now a whopping $95.63 and I don't even have the "premium" channels like HBO, Showtime, etc.
I keep threatening to do away with it entirely (I have a Firestick and could spend a fraction of that on monthly services if I even wanted to watch TV) but the other half insists I keep it... guess we are addicted to the electronic pacifier.

I frequently get DirecTV junk mail, and it would be much cheaper. The FIRST year of a two-year contract. The second year is so expensive it basically wipes out any savings.

Re: anybody have dish tv ? [Re: TJP] #2999498
12/29/21 01:03 PM
12/29/21 01:03 PM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
If you have good internet- doesn't have to be business speed- then "Cord Cutting" is the way to go. Charter Spectrums rates as my cable provider sucked. Bill going up up and up. But Charter Spectrum solely as my internet provider is great. Not cheap at $80 per month but its near flawless and FAST- plus its only $18 more per month than ATT Uverse which is slow and buffering laden. I pay the monthly fee for Netflix Hulu and YouTube premium. But that's my choice. No fees, taxes and bull crap on the bill for my internet or my services (at least not for now.) Plus if I want to cancel anything I log into my account and select "Cancel." No pressure from a professionally trained aggressive commission based phone operator to keep me as a customer. There is ALOT of truly free programming as well. One could do a single pay package bundle that gets them their favorite channels and it would cost about $95 per month. (Internet and one pay service like Sling TV)

Keep old mopars alive.