12/17/21 12:26 PM
12/17/21 12:26 PM
So Near, Yet So Far
topside Online content OP
Too Many Posts
topside  Online Content OP
Too Many Posts

So Near, Yet So Far
Bigdad's Impamino post makes me wonder what's up with Kevin, haven't seen a post from him in a while...

Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: topside] #2996103
12/17/21 12:27 PM
12/17/21 12:27 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
Posts on facebook pretty often ,got a new Benz so he has been playing with that

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: topside] #2996732
12/19/21 01:49 PM
12/19/21 01:49 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Hey! Who woke me up? I was sleepin over here.

I'm bopping right long. Thanks for asking. Been crazy busy with all kinds of stuff. Life is what happens when you're making plans. Work has been keeping me busy. We're opening a new dealership and I've been tagged as the one to take the parts department so duties are adding up. We're also standing up a new brand so the learning curve is getting steep. My personal business, Ridgewood Machine, is sucking up my off time with the FFL stuff dominating that.

Mom's medical situation stabilized a while back so that's a relief but dad had a very serious car accident at his part time job on Friday. He took a pretty good beating, especially being 79 years old but only his right hand is broken. His second row passenger has several broken ribs. The man in the third row was placed in a full cervical halo. We do not know the current condition of his coworkers. Both men are retirees and had to be transported to a larger hospital for proper care. Dad works for Enterprise rental car three days a week. He drives a chase van to bring back drivers who are delivering cars. He had one passenger on the right side of the middle row and one passenger on the left side of the third row of the Chrysler Voyager minivan. He was stopped at a red light and got a green left turn arrow. All the other cars were stopped so he pulled out to turn left. A "large black vehicle" came barrelling past the stopped cars (50 mph zone) and smashed the van in the right side. All dad can recall is they got hit violently by something big and black When the van stopped the windshield was pushed out in a V shape and was no longer attached to the roof of the car. He was set upon immediately by several non-English speaking witnesses who couldn't communicate effectively. They would not let him out of the van and wrapped his bloody arm in white shirts and towels. His arm was not injured. All the blood came from cuts on both sides of this head and his nose. The third row passenger was screaming in pain. A fire station is a few hundred yards away and responded quickly. The responders had trouble getting to the third row passenger. Dad offered to pop the hatch so they could gain access but they told him they already "turned the power off". Nobody ever popped the hood but they had access to hack the battery cable as they approached. That speaks for the shape of the van. Eventually, they got the rear seat guy out on a backboard and whisked away. The second row guy was put in a transport chair and dad was walked to an ambulance. That's all the family knows of the accident. Dad never had the chance to see who or what hit them. His supervisor met them at the hospital and has been very helpful. She will try to gain access to their van on Monday to retrieve personal items and look for dad's missing hearing aid. She told dad to take the next two weeks off work. He is at home recovering. Saturday is my parent's 56th wedding anniversary.

On a happier note, yeah, I bought another car. My C55 was a hoot to drive bust just too small so I made the tiny step up to a CL65. The bite size 4 door with a 362 hp V8 was frisky and fun but the 5,000 lb personal luxury coupe with 621 hp twin turbo 6.0 V12 churning 738 lb/ft is just a whole different beast. The new car is amazing. I stole it on a wholesale deal with Bentley Atlanta. They wrote up $27,000 worth of repairs to recondition the car for retail sale. I got it for $24,500 and drove it home. $2,000 later the car is rock solid and good to go. Not bad for a car that retailed at $218,545. biggrin

I tell people that owning this car is like dating a super model with a cocaine habit. It is beautiful, glorious, and absolutely amazing. However, it will cost you dearly in the end. Parts are priced as you would expect for a $200,000+ car and nothing lasts forever. However, I still get stuff at employee price and I have access to highly rated techs should I run into something I can't do myself.

I put the car on an all wheel dyno to get baseline numbers. It is rear wheel drive but we coupled the front rollers to better load the turbos early. We were rewarded with 548 hp and 756 lb/ft at the wheels. I've got an appointment in January to get a proper tune on the car. It should add 60-70 hp and around 100 lb/ft.

Yes, I'll scrape the yellow off the brake calipers and get them redone in a more appropriate color.

CL65 right side.jpgCL65 Baselines.jpeg

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: feets] #2996752
12/19/21 03:03 PM
12/19/21 03:03 PM
So Near, Yet So Far
topside Online content OP
Too Many Posts
topside  Online Content OP
Too Many Posts

So Near, Yet So Far
Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty full plate...hope your Dad has a speedy & full recovery.
I remember the big Merc acquisition; nice midrange punch !

Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: topside] #2997047
12/20/21 02:07 PM
12/20/21 02:07 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
hope your dad gets better fast feetses. tell your mom and dad a happy anniversary from me !
beer

Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: moparx] #2997305
12/21/21 01:48 PM
12/21/21 01:48 PM
Los Osos, Ca
C
CKessel Offline
mopar
CKessel  Offline
mopar
C

Los Osos, Ca
Hope your dad and his cohorts get better.

Carl Kessel
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: CKessel] #2997339
12/21/21 03:38 PM
12/21/21 03:38 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
Originally Posted by CKessel

Same here - wow - what a horrendous accident! All the best to your Dad & the others.

So, did the vehicle that caused the wreck just keep on going, or was it stopped after the crash? WHAT WAS IT? Let's hear the Paul Harvey if you have further details.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: Sunroofcuda] #2997791
12/23/21 08:35 AM
12/23/21 08:35 AM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Same here - wow - what a horrendous accident! All the best to your Dad & the others.

So, did the vehicle that caused the wreck just keep on going, or was it stopped after the crash? WHAT WAS IT? Let's hear the Paul Harvey if you have further details.

We don't know at this time. Dad says it was big and black. He thinks he saw an F250 hood. The van was knocked about and stopped facing a different direction. Dad couldn't get out of his seat belt (pretensioner was too tight) and witnesses set upon them immediately. They kept him in the van. Medics only had to go about 500 yards to get there. They tended to the 3rd row guy first because of his screaming. He was put on a board and hauled off quickly. The second row passenger was put into a transport chair and wheeled off to the second ambulance. Dad was walked to that second box, too. He never even had time to look back at the van.
The responding police officer went off duty before completing the report. He is due to come back on shift today (23rd) but the offices will be closed until Monday. We can get the report and the rest of the story at that time.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: feets] #2997792
12/23/21 08:38 AM
12/23/21 08:38 AM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Here's the van. The emergency crew did not enter through the right front door. We believe the offending vehicle removed it. After seeing the van it's clear that someone either popped the hood without dad noticing or the van had a pyro fuse that popped the connection after the air bags went off.
I have never seen an A and B pillar ripped apart like that.
The second row passenger was seated at that side door without a seat belt.

CHASE VAN CA 2.jpgCHASE VAN CA.jpg

- Stu Harmon
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: feets] #2997806
12/23/21 10:15 AM
12/23/21 10:15 AM
Los Osos, Ca
C
CKessel Offline
mopar
CKessel  Offline
mopar
C

Los Osos, Ca
A perfect example that distracted driving is more lethal and causes way more damage than a firearm. It would be interesting to see if the police cough up the report, with other drivers info etc, or if they stonewall because of citizenship or political connection issues.

Carl Kessel
Re: Yo, Feets! You OK? [Re: CKessel] #2997947
12/23/21 05:07 PM
12/23/21 05:07 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
A perfect example that distracted driving is more lethal and causes way more damage than a firearm. It would be interesting to see if the police cough up the report, with other drivers info etc, or if they stonewall because of citizenship or political connection issues.

That kind of thing isn't an issue around here. The report should be done properly. The cops are just as tired as the rest of us when it comes to the negligently deceased and injured.

- Stu Harmon