N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Originally Posted by Kiddart
if someone could be a voice of reason with this guy he could start to sell off most of the cars and maybe just maybe some will be back to life and he can see them before he dies. i see endless possibilities with that stash or horde as some call it.

what a waste

depressed now that i watched that

Grow buying balls and you could own it all.

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: dragon slayer] #2996001
12/17/21 01:52 AM
12/17/21 01:52 AM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted by dragon slayer
Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by dragon slayer
Lets stop the nonsense Karen's. You are self-projecting. Do you know Ed Miller, have you ever talked to him, seen him at swap meets? But somehow you know who he is, huh. Everything is for sale and most at reasonable prices. Get off your couch and go buy it. Not everything there is his. Some of it is other who have left it there until they can get around to it. He has been parting out cars for 5 to 6 decades. So he got his money out of those cars. Still fixes cars and builds motor and trans for folks. What was a slant 6 duster worth in the late 70 or early 80. You probably paid someone to remove it from your yard. Now that we are in the 2000 all of a sudden everything is worth a fortune. Ed saved most of that from a car crusher, but no he did not spend 100K to build indoor heated storage for it in 1980. Who knew better? He has probably owned more hemi cars, superbirds and A12 then you will see. Fixed and sold them. Long ago. He was the go-to guy before the reproduction phase of the hobby and many dealers in the hobby bought in bulk from Ed back in the day. So just shut up, you are starting to sound like Brandon's.

He can’t take an hour and do something with that PST? It doesn’t have to be a [censored] show with parts rusting away. If he is overwhelmed then get some help or get rid of the stuff. It’s nothing to do with being a Karen or a Brandon. It’s common sense. Clean that [censored] up and take care of it.

Your standard huh, again you just assume everyone is like you or is filthy rich. You can't stand it unless you get to tell someone else what they are doing wrong. Must be pretty lonely for you at the top. You really have no clue and clearly have not even looked at who he is. Drop everything else going on to take care of the PST that apparently only a few of you care about. Go start a go fund me page and buy it; put your money where your mouth is. He doesn't have an obligation to do something with the truck because you think so? It is his truck. He is living his live the way he wants, why do you care.

Those guy had no right to film and post what they did, they came to see him and buy stuff which they did. Some of you just have to criticize regardless. Hope it make you feel better about yourself.

Get over yourself. I don’t care what Miller does or doesn’t do with his [censored]. My opinion is he is letting things go to hell. Every month I drive by a property that is loaded up with pre war cars rotting to the ground. The moronic old man who owned the stuff wouldn’t sell any of it. When he died he had it in his will to let it rust back into the earth, rather than have someone buy it. And that’s what the family is doing. They aren’t making any more of them, so why not save them? It won’t be long and all that [censored] Miller has sitting there will be left to his estate and I suggest the vast majority of it will end up at the scrapper. Too bad. Don’t be a Karen yourself.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: madscientist] #2996012
12/17/21 07:02 AM
12/17/21 07:02 AM
Florida STAYcation
dIc dOc Deity ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dIc dOc Deity !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
Day- ummmm ... ruff crowd here. !

Is this THE Ed Miller people here are talking about ?

The famous Ed Miller was a damn good customer of mine .....

One of the first .... When I started the biz ... way back when ....

Along with Steve Bagwell smoke

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: madscientist] #2996048
12/17/21 09:59 AM
12/17/21 09:59 AM
VA
D
dragon slayer Offline
pro stock
dragon slayer  Offline
pro stock
D

VA
Get over yourself. I don’t care what Miller does or doesn’t do with his [censored]. My opinion is he is letting things go to hell. Every month I drive by a property that is loaded up with pre war cars rotting to the ground. The moronic old man who owned the stuff wouldn’t sell any of it. When he died he had it in his will to let it rust back into the earth, rather than have someone buy it. And that’s what the family is doing. They aren’t making any more of them, so why not save them? It won’t be long and all that [censored] Miller has sitting there will be left to his estate and I suggest the vast majority of it will end up at the scrapper. Too bad. Don’t be a Karen yourself. [/quote]

Nope you are the Karen, and as clueless as a Brandon. You did not just voice an opinion, you stated what he should do. Now you are comparing him to someone he is not. Why? He amassed that stuff running a business for 5 decades, Selling and buying. Never throwing anything away once he moved to that property. EVERYTHING is for sale and has been. Yes in business since the 60s. Do you know that 69 sixpack cars in the 70 were left abandon and bought at police auctions, Hemi cars were brought in to remove the engines for a 383 swap because of the gas crunch, Once the boom hit folks came down and bought the E bodies, bought the B bodies, and now folks are starting to come for the A bodies. Most of the cars back there are wrecked, or old race cars. Some complete cars from the early 60 with no interest because they are 4 door, or slant 6 318 cars. Many have been parted out for restorations of higher end cars.

What you don't get is 75% of that stuff bought at closed up dealer auctions, speed shops and such would have long been scrapped if he did not purchase it. And yes, when he passes there will be no body capable of purchasing the full inventory and most will go to the scrap yard. Just like every other speed shop and auto restoration shop I have seen close up when the owner died. 75 percent of the product for sale in the business goes for nothing or go to the metal scrapper.

And as stated by other that know him, things are sold at reasonable prices, or given to you. He is not some private owner that collected stuff, he is a retired mechanic/NHRA world champion who is did this for a living, and now that he is in his 80s and on a fixed income operates to the best of his abilities.

So instead of giving an uneducated opinion, while denigrating a specific person character you could have spent a little time researching and educating yourself. Go talk to the people who have been doing this since the 50s-60s and you will get some eye opening education about the evolution of this hobby.

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: dragon slayer] #2996117
12/17/21 01:06 PM
12/17/21 01:06 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I inquired about a certain truck he has and was emphatically told it was not for sale. This was last year when I was in the market for a truck. I then later tried and was contacted again stating that it may be for sale but the price would not be cheap, but was never given a price. So in my books that translates to its not for sale.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Al_Alguire] #2996139
12/17/21 02:07 PM
12/17/21 02:07 PM
north of coder
moparx Online content
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Online Content
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
my wife has stated for years, she hopes she "goes first", just so she doesn't have to deal with my "stuff"........ laugh2
and i don't have a 1000th of the "stuff" that Ed Miller has.
beer

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: moparx] #2996146
12/17/21 02:19 PM
12/17/21 02:19 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Originally Posted by moparx
my wife has stated for years, she hopes she "goes first", just so she doesn't have to deal with my "stuff"........ laugh2
and i don't have a 1000th of the "stuff" that Ed Miller has.
beer

My wife thinks she’s sitting on a gold mine, but not a clue what any is.
I tried to contact ED inquiring about some parts for my 66 but there was no contact info, had his card but lost it

Last edited by cudaman1969; 12/17/21 02:21 PM.
Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: NITROUSN] #2996152
12/17/21 02:40 PM
12/17/21 02:40 PM
Michigan
K
Kiddart Offline
pro stock
Kiddart  Offline
pro stock
K

Michigan
Originally Posted by NITROUSN
if someone could be a voice of reason with this guy he could start to sell off most of the cars and maybe just maybe some will be back to life and he can see them before he dies. i see endless possibilities with that stash or horde as some call it.

what a waste

Sorry Nitrousn I don't understand your comment?

Thank you
Kiddart
Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Kiddart] #2996210
12/17/21 06:23 PM
12/17/21 06:23 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
and he can see them before he dies

Well its not like he hasn't "seen" them before, hell, he raced the sh!t out of them. He probably doesn't give a damn about ever seeing them run again, he has fond memories every time he looks at them!

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Kiddart] #2996211
12/17/21 06:25 PM
12/17/21 06:25 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada

what a waste

Me neither !! "Grow buying balls" has me stumped!

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Stanton] #2996233
12/17/21 07:51 PM
12/17/21 07:51 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Originally Posted by Stanton

what a waste

Me neither !! "Grow buying balls" has me stumped!

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Want something done with it all? Go buy it all. Talk is cheap. Takes money to buy whiskey.

Kevin

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Twostick] #2996489
12/18/21 03:31 PM
12/18/21 03:31 PM
Michigan
K
Kiddart Offline
pro stock
Kiddart  Offline
pro stock
K

Michigan
your right talk is cheap, and good thing I stopped Drinking!!

Its impossible to have an opinion on this website.

Thank you
Kiddart
Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Kiddart] #2996651
12/19/21 08:04 AM
12/19/21 08:04 AM
Seaford, Va
Kindafast Offline
top fuel
Kindafast  Offline
top fuel

Seaford, Va
Just reading some of these post on here and had to reply . Ed Miller is a damn legend and should be treated as such. How he stores , keeps his stuff is his own business. This guy was doing this stuff back before a lot of us knew what a car was. Yes everyone can have an opinion but give this genuine guy the respect he deserves.

6.50 @105.26
Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: Kiddart] #2996660
12/19/21 09:18 AM
12/19/21 09:18 AM
Florida STAYcation
dIc dOc Deity ! Offline
dIc dOc Deity !  Offline

Florida STAYcation
First .... is E M still with us ?

Now to the apimp dissin’ ... THE Ed Miller tsk

He was WINNING national events and had a factory deal with Chrysler when some of youz guyz were loading up yur diapers !

I used to talk to Ed lots .... some moons ago. Anyone out there have his number ?

Re: looking at some ed millers junk [Re: dIc dOc Deity !] #2996721
12/19/21 01:27 PM
12/19/21 01:27 PM
Michigan
K
Kiddart Offline
pro stock
Kiddart  Offline
pro stock
K

Michigan
Never said he wasn't a legend, or a dame good racer, it is just a shame to see all the parts and pieces cars sitting rotting away. no disrespect to anyone in any way shape or form.

sorry for commenting

Thank you
Kiddart
Page 2 of 2 1 2