11/03/21 10:10 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
Hi folks,

As an overseas Moparman for 40 years, eBay has been a blessing!

Before that we had to ‘pay through the nose’ to UK dealers.

Now I just gaze with wonder on the myriad of Moparts on EBay. drinking

But in recent months it seems to have deteriorated and been less overseas friendly?

Folks are not wanting to ship outside the USA and even block the sales... shruggy

We have a huge Mopar base in the UK and obviously we require parts to maintain them.

Any help in buying ‘cheap Chinese’ resto parts greatly appreciated... help

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero, thanx Horace!

There’s no point trying to fix stuff that ain’t broke,,, 'but if ain’t broke',,, you is not trying hard enough...
Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2981246
11/03/21 10:20 AM
11/03/21 10:20 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
As I have started this thread from hell (eBay) can I point out some lesser known facts?

If you advertise on EBay it is worldwide, which to me is amazing.
But folks don’t want to sell their precious parts to foreigners.
So they block the sale by various means...?

But that aside let’s talk about folks who “love the old countries” England, France, Germany etc...
They are happy to sell to ‘one and all’ with gay abandon.

Now this is entirely EBay’s fault the lack of information on ‘EBay GLOBAL’...
Once you have advertised your part with snail-post then you is doomed... fan

Shipping costs that far out way the part being sold and that means ‘no sale’... drumhit

Let’s take my old Moparmate, Bob Mazzolini.
On my many trips to Cali, I always buy from him in person!
Very polite and fairly priced and a wealth of hemi information...

But his EBay shop is a nightmare indeed.
I have written to him on many occasions via his shop page.

Does he ever reply...No No No...
Why is this?..

I have trying to buy Mopar valves from him for months... violin

He sells them individualy and if you try and buy a set then it’s a joke... help

The page starts vey sensibly $10 for a valve and $20 EBay shipping.
Once you add more the shipping changes to snail-mail and is $250 shipping for 8 valves... catfight

I suppose this is why he never sells any. The eBay page is BROKEN...

If anyone on here knows him, PLEASE tel him it’s BROKEN... fan

BOB I want to buy some valves PLEASE.

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 11/03/21 10:37 AM.

There’s no point trying to fix stuff that ain’t broke,,, 'but if ain’t broke',,, you is not trying hard enough...
Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2981270
11/03/21 11:08 AM
11/03/21 11:08 AM
New Jersey
P
Powerflow Offline
pro stock
Powerflow  Offline
pro stock
P

New Jersey
A workaround might be to have the parts you buy shipped to a friend or relative in the USA who can then forward the items to you. A friend might also have to bid for you if non-USA bidders are excluded. You might even save some money with 'two-step' shipping if you can find a less expensive export carrier than the seller uses.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Powerflow] #2981275
11/03/21 11:19 AM
11/03/21 11:19 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
Well said Power-Flow!

But the Ebay GLOBAL has halved shipping costs even on heavy items such as crankshafts!

With cheaper items like valves, Ebay Global will send a set of 8 for $25!
Its never been so cheap to buy Chinese parts from the USA lol... spank

My favourite is Italian gears sent to he USofA and then all the way back to Europe... drinking
Can we Eurofolks buy them form the Italians NO, NO, NO...

Now the UK has insanely expensive GAS prices (oil, petrol and gas) then COP26 is not needed, as we can't afford to buy the FUEL anyways!!! fan

The irony of all this hike is fuel prices is....

EVERYONE IS FITTING COAL/LOG BURNERS and the air is worse than the SIXTIES...

London SMOG is back again, thanx to the ECO worriers... troll

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 11/03/21 11:22 AM.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Powerflow] #2981277
11/03/21 11:26 AM
11/03/21 11:26 AM
So Near, Yet So Far
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Near, Yet So Far
Shipping even within the US has become significantly more expensive. And via USPS, generally slower.
There's not an easy shipping model on Ebay for International shipping, but that shouldn't deter Sellers, it can be figured out.
I have stuff on Ebay and have sold overseas, with only one problem from a dishonest buyer in 20 years.
Never heard of "Ebay Global"; I've always thought the whole thing was global; I've bought stuff from Europe same as if it was here in the US.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: topside] #2981357
11/03/21 02:00 PM
11/03/21 02:00 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
in the past, i have sold parts and clicked the box that says "will ship worldwide", or something to that effect.
when the item sold, it shipped to a kentucky address, which it then was off to europe whenever a container was full. [or at least that's how i understood it]
it must have worked, because the european buyers were happy with the cost and speed [?] of the delivery.
beer

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: moparx] #2981393
11/03/21 03:39 PM
11/03/21 03:39 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Gtxxjon your point is well taken. I have noticed the global thing recently but didn't pay much attention to it and should have. I am sure any parts I have to sell (mostly M body) would not be anything you are looking for but again, point well taken! I will definitely give it a better look next time and probably sell globally up

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2981395
11/03/21 03:47 PM
11/03/21 03:47 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
ebay policies can hurt international sales.

I haven't sold on ebay in a while but I sold some stuff to a guy in Australia. It took him over 3 months to get he stuff because the only affordable way to ship it was literally by ship. He was fine with the time and left me positive feedback even though his items were a long way from being delivered.

Since that time ebay changed a rule and now will not release the money from paypal until after the product is received if you have less than a certain rating. New sellers are kinda stuck waiting to get paid.

If I had to wait months to get paid I would have probably not sold them to the guy in Australia.

Ebay has made it more problem than profit for sellers so most people with good, rare or expensive car stuff quit using it.

I would bet that somebody on here might be glad to help buy and ship to you. Would it be cheaper? I don't know, but it may open doors to parts you can't currently get.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: IMGTX] #2981437
11/03/21 06:31 PM
11/03/21 06:31 PM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
i have had several bad experiences by discount seeking scammers whining about damages in shipping oversseas.
i won't ship overs seas ever again, even thru Ebay international shipping. i will throw the part away before shipping international. this includes canada and mexico.

perception is 90% of reality
Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Powerflow] #2981539
11/04/21 01:10 AM
11/04/21 01:10 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Originally Posted by Powerflow
A workaround might be to have the parts you buy shipped to a friend or relative in the USA who can then forward the items to you. A friend might also have to bid for you if non-USA bidders are excluded. You might even save some money with 'two-step' shipping if you can find a less expensive export carrier than the seller uses.

But ebay also imposes 1.65% International Fee on Total Sale, that IS deducted from your final payments.
If delivery address is overseas OR EVEN if buyer is registered overseas.
So having it delivered to US may still impose that fee deduction.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: PhillyRag] #2981557
11/04/21 05:47 AM
11/04/21 05:47 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
Hi Guys and Gals,

As I have only bought from the USA, I don't know about fee and charges to you folks?

Everything EBAY goes by AIR these days and is half the price of USPS and DHL etc...

If you incur extra costs at 'sales end' then add some more at the start to compensate!

Sometimes I see the same parts at greatly different prices, 'thats life' and I can choose the cheaper option.

Most things are made 'under licence' in the good old Chinaland and quality is fine for the most.

Would I pay double for 'American made', probably not...(sorry).

If its slightly more then I'm all for a homegrown product for my Mopars!!! green purple chargerwork dakota fury

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2981558
11/04/21 05:52 AM
11/04/21 05:52 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
Bob Mazzolini, has accepted my offer of $9 per valve (at last).

So that's 20 valves ($180) in a small box and the shipping has changed from EBAY GLOBAL ($25) to DHL or some other lunatic shipper!!!

To this CRAZY amount of $260 shipping and $100 tax for Brits, because EBAY shipping never works right.

Now this EBAY mess, is NOW an eye-watering $540 for 20 valves...MADNESS. spank

I can get a set of Mopar 'oversize valves' from Falcon GLOBAL for $80 plus $25 shipping with EBAY GLOBAL.

I can get a set of similar Chevy valves for $40 and $20 shipping as well, go figure... drinking

EBAY ONCE A 'MECCA OF MOPAR', now a dim and fading light in the night sky... violin

I despair at this madness, once so easy, now a complete FARCE... help

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 11/04/21 05:59 AM.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2981561
11/04/21 07:41 AM
11/04/21 07:41 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
We had a deadbeat bidder use the buy it now option on a 5k item that had paid advertising. Ebay took their cut before we were paid. Unfortunately we never recieved payment. It took several months to recuperate over $1k. No more ebay selling after that.

Typically I sell on the forums over winter/spring until the chea, price chiseling whiners send all of my parts back to the shop attic lol.

Shipping USPS is a joke. If you want to be stressed out throughout a transaction do business with USPS. Poor tracking systems and lots of theft in this era.

UPS pricing hurts yet whatever you send usually gets there in 2x the time it would have before the US workforce took a permanent vacation.

My personal rule for buying/selling is not to exceed the geographical distance I would drive to personally straighten a deal out. While this is not an option for the OP it exemplifies the state of buying/selling car parts in 2021.

I don't trust PayPal, have a fear of credit card charge backs, hate dealing with USPS for money orders, and check anything bigger than a $10 bill if there are a lot of them. It is spooky but there are scammers roaming the landscape and I'll be damned of they are going to live off of me lol.

Lastly there is the act of "hypermiling" shipping prices. This is when a whiny buyer wants to save $4-9 on shipping and request multiple quotes to the same zip code or adjacent zip codes. The first time it happened I was taken back and after awhile it was apparent that this is a "thing". Maybe there was a Clark Howard special on becoming wealthy by saving on shipping idk. I'm over it.

Until we get caught up in January or February...then the wreck is on again lol.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2981579
11/04/21 09:36 AM
11/04/21 09:36 AM
Albany, NY
67SATisfaction Offline
The member whose name is actually Art
67SATisfaction  Offline
The member whose name is actually Art

Albany, NY
Originally Posted by Gtxxjon
Bob Mazzolini, has accepted my offer of $9 per valve (at last).
So that's 20 valves ($180) in a small box and the shipping has changed from EBAY GLOBAL ($25) to DHL or some other lunatic shipper!!!

The reason an eBay Seller will not ship overseas via USPS is the package is only tracked by the USPS to its exit point from the US.
DHL and other commercial shippers track it to the final destination - is my understanding.

Since USPS shipping doesn't track the final delivery within its destination country - USPS shipping puts the Seller at risk of dishonest Buyers who falsely claim undelivered, lost or stolen packages, etc.

Thanks Scammers.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle
Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: 67SATisfaction] #2982668
11/07/21 10:44 AM
11/07/21 10:44 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
Ok Guys, I get its a nightmare selling stuff to scammers!

But us genuine buyers here in the UK rely on Ebay 100%!

Its a GOOD system with EBAY GLOBAL and you folks should get behind it, to sell to us Brits!

It is tracked to my door and NEVER, EVER goes missing...

The costs are very reasonable,,, as what we save in shipping with EBAY GLOBAL the FEDS claw back with TAX!!! violin

If I buy a single valve (from BoB MaZZoLiNi), its 10 bucks plus $24 shipping to my door.

The FEDS, then want '$11 taxes' (on a $10 item) which is a bit strong but hey, where do I get my valves from if I don't PAY -UP!!! help help help

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 11/07/21 10:52 AM.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2982671
11/07/21 10:50 AM
11/07/21 10:50 AM
Isle of Sheeps
Gtxxjon Offline OP
enthusiast
Gtxxjon  Offline OP
enthusiast

Isle of Sheeps
YES I did have friends in the USofA who would send me stuff through the post as 'USED and a GIFT'!

But tax evasion is punishable by DEATH or WORSE I hear???

I don't see why I have to pay TAX on a 50 year old USED and ABUSED item, that already had TAX paid on it... work work work

But the FEDS know (maybe) that stuff is sent to us EURO folks that is 'new and just dirty' and they don't want to lose their hard earned TAXES... fan

So if any of you guys have a USED(new) set of 2.02 340 intake valves, please send them to me lol... beer whistling drinking

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 11/07/21 10:53 AM.

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2982679
11/07/21 11:02 AM
11/07/21 11:02 AM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
I am very frustrated with how bad it has become selling things online, and sad to hear how it’s hurting buyers too.
I loved eBay and sold a lot of my stuff there, including some items I sent to Europe, Australia and Canada.
I don’t want to sell there at all now. Between fees and shipping problems, along with the possibility of getting ripped off, I’m out!
Swap meets are back in vogue I think. I hadn’t done one in years but did 2 this year and will do a couple next year. I have even considered having a garage sale at my house.
I still list a few items on car sites like here from time to time. Checks or PayPal friends and family only!
Otherwise my excess stuff will sit here gathering dust. I don’t need the aggravation a lot more than I need the money….

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Mastershake340] #2982774
11/07/21 02:22 PM
11/07/21 02:22 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
"I don't see why I have to pay TAX on a 50 year old USED and ABUSED item, that already had TAX paid on it... work work work"

i have said that for YEARS ! flame rant shout tsk

i have sold on the bag for years as well, but like has been mentioned, the fees are starting to become more than ridiculous.
over the last couple of years, i have gotten rid of a BUNCH of "stuff" by just giving it to friends i know will use it.
also, just got back from a swap this morning [22 degrees out- REFRESHING ! i loved it ! but my two buddies whined and crabbed the whole way there from 5:30 to 7am.........i'm COLD, WAH, WAH, WAH ! just like a couple of kiddies ! biggrin], hauling in some "fresh stuff".
beer

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: moparx] #2982815
11/07/21 03:37 PM
11/07/21 03:37 PM
Florida STAYcation
dIc dOc Deity ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dIc dOc Deity !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Originally Posted by moparx
"I don't see why I have to pay TAX on a 50 year old USED and ABUSED item, that already had TAX paid on it... work work work"

i have said that for YEARS ! flame rant shout tsk

i have sold on the bag for years as well, but like has been mentioned, the fees are starting to become more than ridiculous.
over the last couple of years, i have gotten rid of a BUNCH of "stuff" by just giving it to friends i know will use it.
also, just got back from a swap this morning [22 degrees out- REFRESHING ! i loved it ! but my two buddies whined and crabbed the whole way there from 5:30 to 7am.........i'm COLD, WAH, WAH, WAH ! just like a couple of kiddies ! biggrin], hauling in some "fresh stuff".
beer

Why you say ? Because THEY HAVE TO FEATHER THEIR BEDS ... off of us ... who they supposedly “serve”

Re: eBay, there I’ve said it [Re: Gtxxjon] #2982994
11/08/21 01:02 AM
11/08/21 01:02 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
Its a GOOD system with EBAY GLOBAL and you folks should get behind it, to sell to us Brits!

It is a good system. If item leaves the USA w/o any damage, the seller isn't liable if damaged later on.
It does usually show tracking to final destination.
But a buyer can always file a not-as-described or like claim.
Not sure how the New ebay payment system would handle CC chargebacks or disputes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2