Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Oh, what I would give to have employees work this hard for $19.27.

Master, again and still
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: DaveRS23] #2974247
10/14/21 10:01 AM
Corpus Christi, TX
shanker Offline
master
shanker  Offline
master

Corpus Christi, TX
440Source for me has been a good place to quickly purchase some parts. I just wish that there was a little more transparency with the fitment of their products....Just be up front and say that parts they sell *can* work, but not without sometimes MAJOR changes.

Here's an example from a 440 in a Ramcharger I was putting together. The first is hardware, I purchased an aluminum water pump housing, water pump housing hardware, and heater hose nipples...they didn't work together. (first two attached pictures) I emailed them, they responded with something generic, I wasn't trying to get a return or money back, but hoping they'd put a statement on their website disclaiming the incompatibility, but they didn't.

My second most recent gripe is the big one. The passenger side inlet water pump housing has the thermostat neck clocked differently than the original and raised higher. This makes it INCOMPATIBLE with the OE Air Conditioner compressor. Their website had (I can't find the product on their website at the moment) a disclaimer that *some modification may be necessary* but in reality, no modification is possible to make it work with the RV2 compressor without cutting the bottom half of the compressor off. I ended up having to call up Bouchillon and order a Sanden compressor, brackets, and new power steering brackets due to the lack of an adequate disclaimer. This goes back to my complaint that they need to put more accurate descriptions of their parts on their site. I'm glad that they're parts are available though and they're supporting our hobby.

440Source WP Housing 04.jpg440Source WP Housing 05.jpg440Source WP Housing 01.jpg

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: Sniper] #2974248
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by TJP
They might want the pics for QC purposes. Whomever is making those parts might have messed it up. Not really all that hard to take pics in all seriousness.

I'll repeat,
The request to send pictures is a PITA for some of us. I have use a camera, take several pic's as I'm not a photographer, then download the pic's, review them, pic out the best and or edit them, then do an email and attach the pic's. Translation: A time consuming royal PITA for a 20.00 purchase.

My shop rate is more than 20.00 for time required to do the above. In addition, 440's cost is likely more as well.

please re read the entire post especially the last sentence or two beer

I read your entire post the first time.

If taking a decent picture and emailing it off exceeds your abilities I call BS. You post here, I know you know how to do it. If $20 exceeds your rate then you are wasting a lot of money sitting around here, heck you already wasted more than $20 just commenting in this thread.

I never said it exceeded my capabilities. I said, for some it's a time consuming PITA. Being self employed, wrong parts cost me enough before the picture taking/emailing circle jerk even begins.
The seller thinks he may have a QC issue with his inventory/supplier? then f----- go look, don't cause the customer more lost time because of a screw up on your end.
Doing so creates this exact issue in some cases.
On a more expensive part, understandable, 20.00 part, Not worth either one's time IMO.
I work with a lot of different suppliers. The ones that get preference are the ones that try to make my life easier by saying:
We're sorry this happened, we will ship another (overnight if needed) and a call tag if they want the part back. End of problem for me smile
And FYI: I come here to relax as I enjoy trying to help others with technical problems and occasionally give my opinions. Not to aggravate or condemn others for their suggestions/opinions /thoughts

And apparently by the OP's latest post the seller didn't even have the correct buyer, hmm that says something in itself

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: DaveRS23] #2974253
10/14/21 10:06 AM
10/14/21 10:06 AM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Oh, what I would give to have employees work this hard for $19.27.

LOL, even 30.00 an hour didn't matter to my ex employees beer

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: pittsburghracer] #2974260
10/14/21 10:15 AM
10/14/21 10:15 AM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Satilite73

And for those who feel sending pics is SO hard, c'mon. My 77 yrs old mother takes and sends pics all the time.

And I'll bet your 77 YO grandmother has the time to do so. Not all of us have the snap a pic and send it phone twocents

Ya I guess 30 seconds out of your day is asking for to much. Lmao 😂
It’s easier to write a post crying about 20.00.

I'll repeat,
The request to send pictures is a PITA for some of us. I have use a camera, take several pic's as I'm not a photographer, then got to the computer, download the pic's, review them, pic out the best and or edit them, then do an email and attach the pic's. Translation: A time consuming royal PITA for a 20.00 purchase.

WOW so you can do all of the above as outlined in 30 secs? the walk from the shop to the office takes longer about 30 sec's by itself wink

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: TJP] #2974261
10/14/21 10:20 AM
10/14/21 10:20 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by TJP
They might want the pics for QC purposes. Whomever is making those parts might have messed it up. Not really all that hard to take pics in all seriousness.

I'll repeat,
The request to send pictures is a PITA for some of us. I have use a camera, take several pic's as I'm not a photographer, then download the pic's, review them, pic out the best and or edit them, then do an email and attach the pic's. Translation: A time consuming royal PITA for a 20.00 purchase.

My shop rate is more than 20.00 for time required to do the above. In addition, 440's cost is likely more as well.

please re read the entire post especially the last sentence or two beer

I read your entire post the first time.

If taking a decent picture and emailing it off exceeds your abilities I call BS. You post here, I know you know how to do it. If $20 exceeds your rate then you are wasting a lot of money sitting around here, heck you already wasted more than $20 just commenting in this thread.

I never said it exceeded my capabilities. I said, for some it's a time consuming PITA. Being self employed, wrong parts cost me enough before the picture taking/emailing circle jerk even begins.
The seller thinks he may have a QC issue with his inventory/supplier? then f----- go look, don't cause the customer more lost time because of a screw up on your end.
Doing so creates this exact issue in some cases.
On a more expensive part, understandable, 20.00 part, Not worth either one's time IMO.
I work with a lot of different suppliers. The ones that get preference are the ones that try to make my life easier by saying:
We're sorry this happened, we will ship another (overnight if needed) and a call tag if they want the part back. End of problem for me smile
And FYI: I come here to relax as I enjoy trying to help others with technical problems and occasionally give my opinions. Not to aggravate or condemn others for their suggestions/opinions /thoughts

And apparently by the OP's latest post the seller didn't even have the correct buyer, hmm that says something in itself

440source replied to this post on 10-11 and he replied back 8 hours ago with more details. Sounds like a case of miscommunication on both. This should never be handled on a public forum until all avenues have been exhausted. Especially for a 20.00 item.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: TJP] #2974284
10/14/21 11:36 AM
10/14/21 11:36 AM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by TJP

And for those who feel sending pics is SO hard, c'mon. My 77 yrs old mother takes and sends pics all the time.

And I'll bet your 77 YO grandmother has the time to do so. Not all of us have the snap a pic and send it phone twocents

I'll repeat,
The request to send pictures is a PITA for some of us. I have use a camera, take several pic's as I'm not a photographer, then got to the computer, download the pic's, review them, pic out the best and or edit them, then do an email and attach the pic's. Translation: A time consuming royal PITA for a 20.00 purchase.

WOW so you can do all of the above as outlined in 30 secs? the walk from the shop to the office takes longer about 30 sec's by itself wink

Yes I can do that in less than 30 seconds. It's called a smart phone, Pretty hard to take a crappy photo with today's smart phones and no need to edit anything either. just review, delete if you don't like it and take another then send it. Seems to me someone is looking for a reason to complain.

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: Sniper] #2974295
10/14/21 12:22 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Online rolleyes
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Online Rolleyes
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Yes I can do that in less than 30 seconds. It's called a smart phone.....

Really, some people like me have to drive 4.5 miles for signal that will send data, and some of us are still on copper dial up/dsl.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: TJP] #2974296
Shopping @ HoBo Fright
340SIX Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin
340SIX  Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin

Shopping @ HoBo Fright
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by TJP

I'll repeat,

I also have to do the same plus my computer was msde in 2012 so takes some time to boot up.
And also wants to update at times 1st.
My phone is the same one that was a free upgrade from.when AT&T changed to digital.
Some here spend lots of money on phones and computer's I am just not of them.
Plus my old computer locks up and loses the mouse. So it is a big deal to take pics and post them. Only time I do is when I set time aside to do so.
Example, I may do so if I polish my X Pipe and Tail Pipes.
Or some other STUPID act.
Or find the disc that has a picture to help someone that needs a pic.
So yes others are in the same boat as you.
(Ie)
Not everyone lives like a sixteen year old girl who post every second on Facebook

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: 340SIX] #2974297
10/14/21 12:24 PM
10/14/21 12:24 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Online rolleyes
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Online Rolleyes
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Its odd people seem to think everyone should be like/live like them, do things like them. Think like them. Interesting.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: TJP] #2974298
10/14/21 12:25 PM
10/14/21 12:25 PM
Wills Point, Texas
Hugh Jorgan Offline
master
Hugh Jorgan  Offline
master

Wills Point, Texas
Originally Posted by TJP

You sir are a liar.

Remember a few months back talking crap to me because of a question I asked of someone else? Something that might have struck a chord in you?

I sure do. twocents

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: Hugh Jorgan] #2974305
10/14/21 12:49 PM
10/14/21 12:49 PM
nowhere
S
Sniper Offline
master
Sniper  Offline
master
S

nowhere
Some people still have outhouses too.

I can't drag the cavemen out of the cave, but I'll be damned if I am going to live in the cave with them. Things move on, if you choose to not move on then you can't really complain that things have passed you by and you'll just have to deal with your self induced aggravations.

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: TX9H6E4CUDA] #2974311
10/14/21 01:12 PM
10/14/21 01:12 PM
Carson City, NV
440sourcedotcom Offline
super stock
440sourcedotcom  Offline
super stock

Carson City, NV

Ahhhhh fantastic response, unfortunately there are some issues.....

1. My name isn't Jim, my name is Garret.... That should help you out

2. Here is my exact message, I sent you. The return request was not that good of a description, but got the problem across. The second message was through direct message. The second one had photos attached with the problem. Here is my exact second message to your company:

"Good evening, I am wanting to return these fittings. My water pump housing is from 1969 and has a 3/8 fitting for one of the pipes. I received a pair where they both the larger size versions. I am wondering if I can return them and they are both unused. The date code on my water pump housing is from 1969.

Thank you for your assistance"

3. I never sent a response email about you not responding to my message (PLUS I AM NOT JIM) and tried to work with eBay in getting in touch with you and they also were going to contact you about the issue. When they advised me your not taking returns, I tried one again to message you.....zero response to my message or return request. I then decided to have PayPal step in.

I am still willing to send back the heater fittings (I'll even ship them on my dime) if I get my money back (even if it's done by PayPal).
It's unfortunate that it took this thread for you to finally respond.....with wrong information on a different customer...but you finally responded.

Might be a good idea to get your customers straight before you respond to a post. Or just maybe return messages would be easier.

You are correct. There was confusion here. There was another customer named Jim who had an issue with the threads and would not clarify what the actual issue was, and refused to send pictures of the problem, or further explain what the actual problem was. So, when we saw this post, we assumed it was from that customer. So please accept our apologies for that. We have issued a full refund through ebay/paypal and they do not require you to return the item.

Almost everything we sell on ebay is free shipping. We normally do not accept returns on ebay items with free shipping. This fact is very clearly stated in the terms of all our ebay auctions as "RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED." The reason for this is the shipping costs are the single largest cost in selling the item, and when a customer returns the item, nobody refunds the shipping cost. On an item like those heater hose nipples, they sell for $17.95, and shipping is generally $5-$8, depending on location, etc. After factoring in the actual cost of the item itself, the cost of packaging, ebay fees, etc. If we allowed returns on free shipping ebay items, it would be unprofitable and we would not sell on ebay at all. Because of this, we list details in the description about the item. The heater hose nipples description says: " They.. feature 3/8" NPT pipe threads." Your housing that you sent a picture of looks like it has one 1/2" NPT hole, one 1/4" NPT hole and one 3/8" NPT hole. So we encourage people to ask questions about fitment BEFORE they place an order to make sure they are getting the right thing. In this case, if you would have asked or sent us that picture before ordering, we would have told you that you could have used a simple reducing bushing (of 1/2-3/8, available at any Home Depot) in the larger fitting hole, and that would have allowed you to use this heater hose nipple setup. Normally the double 3/8" NPT setup is designed for aftermarket aluminum housings which they work perfectly with.

We work SUPER hard to provide good customer service. Over the last 12 months from our Ebay sales, we have received 1316 positive feedbacks and 6 negative ones. And of those 6, some were because of shipping issues. Contrary to what some may think, we are not in charge of the management of the U.S. Postal Service. Once we hand the packages over, they do what they will with them, just the same as when you hand them your packages. But based on our feedback, 99.4% of our customers are happy. That's a pretty dang high percentage when you are selling hundreds of thousands of parts to thousands of people per year.

Again, please accept our apology for the mixup here, we assumed it was someone else and you did not provide any specifics about the situation in your post such as your ebay auction number or username there, etc. Paypal has stepped in and issued you a full refund and allowed you to keep the item.

Last edited by 440sourcedotcom; 10/14/21 01:12 PM.
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #2974316
10/14/21 01:27 PM
10/14/21 01:27 PM
Carson City, NV
440sourcedotcom Offline
super stock
440sourcedotcom  Offline
super stock

Carson City, NV
Also, just one afterthought. In this original post, you stated that we "sent you the incorrect part" The description of this item clearly lists the heater hose nipples as featuring 3/8" NPT threads. We sent you exactly what was listed in the description of the item. Just because the water pump housing you have uses a different size, doesn't mean we sent you the wrong part, it means you didn't read the description when purchasing the item, or look at your water pump housing to determine if they would fit properly before ordering. And then you come onto a public forum and make a thread titled "440 Source sucks" because of that. No way do we deserve that.

Re: 440 Source Doesn't Suck [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #2974320
10/14/21 01:34 PM
10/14/21 01:34 PM
North East USA
B
BIGGERED Offline
Reasonable Title
BIGGERED  Offline
Reasonable Title
B

North East USA
Here you go.

Re: 440 Source Doesn't Suck [Re: BIGGERED] #2974327
10/14/21 01:46 PM
10/14/21 01:46 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.

Nice to hear both sides of the story. I think someone owes 440source an apology.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #2974332
10/14/21 01:54 PM
10/14/21 01:54 PM
minnarusta
TX9H6E4CUDA Offline OP
master
TX9H6E4CUDA  Offline OP
master

minnarusta
Originally Posted by 440sourcedotcom

Ahhhhh fantastic response, unfortunately there are some issues.....

1. My name isn't Jim, my name is Garret.... That should help you out

2. Here is my exact message, I sent you. The return request was not that good of a description, but got the problem across. The second message was through direct message. The second one had photos attached with the problem. Here is my exact second message to your company:

"Good evening, I am wanting to return these fittings. My water pump housing is from 1969 and has a 3/8 fitting for one of the pipes. I received a pair where they both the larger size versions. I am wondering if I can return them and they are both unused. The date code on my water pump housing is from 1969.

Thank you for your assistance"

3. I never sent a response email about you not responding to my message (PLUS I AM NOT JIM) and tried to work with eBay in getting in touch with you and they also were going to contact you about the issue. When they advised me your not taking returns, I tried one again to message you.....zero response to my message or return request. I then decided to have PayPal step in.

I am still willing to send back the heater fittings (I'll even ship them on my dime) if I get my money back (even if it's done by PayPal).
It's unfortunate that it took this thread for you to finally respond.....with wrong information on a different customer...but you finally responded.

Might be a good idea to get your customers straight before you respond to a post. Or just maybe return messages would be easier.

You are correct. There was confusion here. There was another customer named Jim who had an issue with the threads and would not clarify what the actual issue was, and refused to send pictures of the problem, or further explain what the actual problem was. So, when we saw this post, we assumed it was from that customer. So please accept our apologies for that. We have issued a full refund through ebay/paypal and they do not require you to return the item.

Almost everything we sell on ebay is free shipping. We normally do not accept returns on ebay items with free shipping. This fact is very clearly stated in the terms of all our ebay auctions as "RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED." The reason for this is the shipping costs are the single largest cost in selling the item, and when a customer returns the item, nobody refunds the shipping cost. On an item like those heater hose nipples, they sell for $17.95, and shipping is generally $5-$8, depending on location, etc. After factoring in the actual cost of the item itself, the cost of packaging, ebay fees, etc. If we allowed returns on free shipping ebay items, it would be unprofitable and we would not sell on ebay at all. Because of this, we list details in the description about the item. The heater hose nipples description says: " They.. feature 3/8" NPT pipe threads." Your housing that you sent a picture of looks like it has one 1/2" NPT hole, one 1/4" NPT hole and one 3/8" NPT hole. So we encourage people to ask questions about fitment BEFORE they place an order to make sure they are getting the right thing. In this case, if you would have asked or sent us that picture before ordering, we would have told you that you could have used a simple reducing bushing (of 1/2-3/8, available at any Home Depot) in the larger fitting hole, and that would have allowed you to use this heater hose nipple setup. Normally the double 3/8" NPT setup is designed for aftermarket aluminum housings which they work perfectly with.

We work SUPER hard to provide good customer service. Over the last 12 months from our Ebay sales, we have received 1316 positive feedbacks and 6 negative ones. And of those 6, some were because of shipping issues. Contrary to what some may think, we are not in charge of the management of the U.S. Postal Service. Once we hand the packages over, they do what they will with them, just the same as when you hand them your packages. But based on our feedback, 99.4% of our customers are happy. That's a pretty dang high percentage when you are selling hundreds of thousands of parts to thousands of people per year.

Again, please accept our apology for the mixup here, we assumed it was someone else and you did not provide any specifics about the situation in your post such as your ebay auction number or username there, etc. Paypal has stepped in and issued you a full refund and allowed you to keep the item.

Thank you, for the response and apology. I will be sending these pieces back in perfect unused condition because I said I would. I'll drop them in the mail on Monday. I tried doing the adapter route but due to the supply chain problems nothing was available at the five hardware stores I went too. Thank you for responding.

Last edited by TX9H6E4CUDA; 10/14/21 02:02 PM.

For the absolute best powder coating go to J.I.T powder coating, contact infomation is in my personal profile..
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #2974336
10/14/21 02:16 PM
10/14/21 02:16 PM
minnarusta
TX9H6E4CUDA Offline OP
master
TX9H6E4CUDA  Offline OP
master

minnarusta
Also, just one afterthought. In this original post, you stated that we "sent you the incorrect part" The description of this item clearly lists the heater hose nipples as featuring 3/8" NPT threads. We sent you exactly what was listed in the description of the item. Just because the water pump housing you have uses a different size, doesn't mean we sent you the wrong part, it means you didn't read the description when purchasing the item, or look at your water pump housing to determine if they would fit properly before ordering. And then you come onto a public forum and make a thread titled "440 Source sucks" because of that. No way do we deserve that.

Your ad advertised they fit water pump housings from 1964-1969. Mine is a 1969 housing and was incorrect for my application. No harm no foul in my book. This could of been easily worked out in messenger.

I also as a buyer, I did not deserve get no response from the return started on Sept 25 message, the follow up message on Oct 8 with photo, and supposedly eBay following up with you. If you reply to messages or requests within one day, where was the break down. If you would of just returned one of those messages, this post would of 100% not been made even if it was a pound sand on the return. I would of just take it as a "oh ok" and went on with my life. The zero response and zero communication was the problem. Respond to messages from your customers, it's simple in business.

Last edited by TX9H6E4CUDA; 10/14/21 02:24 PM.

For the absolute best powder coating go to J.I.T powder coating, contact infomation is in my personal profile..
Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: TX9H6E4CUDA] #2974347
10/14/21 03:03 PM
10/14/21 03:03 PM
Carson City, NV
440sourcedotcom Offline
super stock
440sourcedotcom  Offline
super stock

Carson City, NV
Originally Posted by TX9H6E4CUDA

Your ad advertised they fit water pump housings from 1964-1969. Mine is a 1969 housing and was incorrect for my application. No harm no foul in my book. This could of been easily worked out in messenger.

I also as a buyer, I did not deserve get no response from the return started on Sept 25 message, the follow up message on Oct 8 with photo, and supposedly eBay following up with you. If you reply to messages or requests within one day, where was the break down. If you would of just returned one of those messages, this post would of 100% not been made even if it was a pound sand on the return. I would of just take it as a "oh ok" and went on with my life. The zero response and zero communication was the problem. Respond to messages from your customers, it's simple in business.

We do apologize if your message got missed, which it looks like it may have.

These cars are 50+ years old, and it's not uncommon for parts to have been switched over the years. For reference, 1969 and earlier water pump housings use two 3/8" NPT fittings, 70 and later (which you sent us a picture of) use one 3/8" and one 1/4" NPT fittings.

We don't carry the 70 and later fittings, but you can see both big block styles on Mancini's web site here: https://www.manciniracing.com/hehonib.html

So we believe it is accurate as advertising ours as fitting original 1969 and earlier housings.

Re: 440 Source sucks [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #2974371
10/14/21 04:39 PM
10/14/21 04:39 PM
Carson City, NV
440sourcedotcom Offline
super stock
440sourcedotcom  Offline
super stock

Carson City, NV
Also, thanks for changing the title of the thread, and sorry it went bad, hopefully we can do better for you next time.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5