08/23/21 07:02 AM
08/23/21 07:02 AM
West Palm Beach, Florida
Copper Dart Offline OP
pro stock
Copper Dart  Offline OP
pro stock

West Palm Beach, Florida
what are the options for converting my 1967 manual brakes to power brakes? ive already converted from drum to slider disc. looking for a OEM style comprehensive kit soup to nuts complete.
i prefer the iron master over the aluminum one just because of the look. thanks in advance.
copper

Common sense, the least common of all the senses.
Mom.

For fear of ridicule, society stifles creativity.
Ricky Valdes
Re: 1967 manual to power brakes [Re: Copper Dart] #2956506
08/23/21 09:51 AM
08/23/21 09:51 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
Are you trying to get something stock or just something that will work? The stock '67 power disc B-body booster is the offset booster (Hemi booster) which commands a small fortune. If you are just looking for something that will work, there are numerous third parties that supply components.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: 1967 manual to power brakes [Re: 6PakBee] #2957184
08/25/21 09:10 AM
08/25/21 09:10 AM
West Palm Beach, Florida
Copper Dart Offline OP
pro stock
Copper Dart  Offline OP
pro stock

West Palm Beach, Florida
Originally I was intending on upgrading from manual (drum/drum) brakes to power disc/drum. Now im getting cold feet thinking to keep the OEM appearing and cleaner, more compact looking manual brakes master cylinder. So, now im considering upgrading to the larger rotors up front and putting some miles on it before pulling the trigger on power brakes.
Im doing a complete front suspension rebuild first and we will see how that goes. Thanks for chiming in, it always helps motivate me when I get feedback from others like minded.
Copper

Mom.

Ricky Valdes
Re: 1967 manual to power brakes [Re: Copper Dart] #2957864
08/27/21 03:20 AM
08/27/21 03:20 AM
West Palm Beach, Florida
Copper Dart Offline OP
pro stock
Copper Dart  Offline OP
pro stock

West Palm Beach, Florida
Dr Diff once again is the solution to my dilemma (most if not all of my dilemmas are caused by yours truly lol)
I pulled the trigger boogie for a full front suspension rebuild kit soup to nuts, upgraded to the larger 11.75" rotors and slider type caliper brackets, new loaded calipers, wheel bearings and seal kit, rear wheel cylinders, front hard lines, stainless front flex lines, and the rear stainless flex line with "T" fitting. I ordered the 15/16" bore manual disc master cylinder from Rock Auto whistling. I intend to flush the remaining system and upgrade to using Dot 5 fluids. stirthepot
Last time I drove my car, it still had the stock manual drum/drum setup from factory. I'd be willing to bet I might even notice an improvement if only I haven't become so accustomed to modern automotive brakes of today.
Copper

Mom.

Ricky Valdes